The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy How exciting! You'll have to let me know how you like it once the price drops enough and you get it. :)

How did everyone survive the night and anticipation? It hasn't really hit me yet, the anxiety. I'm sure once the results are in it will feel more real.

It will be in the 70's today. Windows are already open and birds and squirrels at the feeder. Excited to take my morning walk soon as the sun is shining brightly with birds chirping.

(Just noticed Persia is in the high sleeping post on the new cat tree watching the birds out of the window <3 Makes me so happy!)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to bed early just so that it could be tomorrow faster... 🤣

I'm supposed to mulch my outdoor trees for winter but I keep forgetting. There was a squirrel coming to dig in my pots. He was on my window ledge. Accidentally frightened him when I opened the curtain and he fell right off. He walked a bit away and looked back at me for a good minute with the cookie in his mouth just to make sure I felt bad for what I did.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys are kind of lucky. I had to spend the whole day at work watching the polls close and the votes get counted...Time difference, oof.

The shipping drama continues. My parents ended up sending via FedEx, which was...very...very pricey. My mom didn't want to tell me how much it cost (they did get a refund from USPS at least), but when the customs clerk on my end contacted me about getting the package cleared, I had to tell them exact values so had to talk to my dad about what he'd put on his form. Lucky he was still up (watching the news of course). But another big oof. I'm not sure if he paid the import tax in his side of the fee or if I'm going to be stuck with that bill. Anything valued over $150 + Shipping fee gets a 10% tax. My dad was like "If not for Covid, it'd almost be cheaper just to fly there to deliver it myself." :sigh:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody ever had a Kringle? It's a type of dessert from Denmark. It looks really good. Aldi has them, but they are $5! Just wondering if they are worth the money? They look big enough to be a meal. Here's a pic:
Kringle - Wikipedia

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody ever had a Kringle? It's a type of dessert from Denmark. It looks really good. Aldi has them, but they are $5! Just wondering if they are worth the money? They look big enough to be a meal. Here's a pic:
Kringle - Wikipedia
I have. They're different flavors and pretty good, but better to be shared, kind of like a coffee cake. It would probably last a couple days though.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Racking my brain trying to figure out why Boone and Gracie have gotten picky about eating. The only change I have made is that I went for "all life stages" wet food instead of kitten in the last autoship order. I'm wondering if there is something different in the consistency of it that is throwing them off. I can always get them to eat if I mixed flavors so I don't think "flavor" choices are the issue. I will put kitten wet food back in the autoship order and see what happens. 🤷‍♀️

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished watching the Queen's Gambit tv show a few days ago. Such an emotional ending and a very enjoyable show. Anybody else watch it?

Does anybody have any recommendations of shows to watch on Netflix they'd recommend? Need to find something new to watch.

Find it funny how two shows I watch just came out with episodes incorporating corona virus. One was Superstore, which is a parody of working at "walmart" and the other was the good doctor, which the episode started in "April" and would flash a couple weeks out as things progressed. Half way through, but it has been interesting to watch but also feeling my anxiety go up since so many patients portray struggling to breathe. As someone with asthma, it is hard to watch at times but enjoying the episode nonetheless.

Has anybody else had tv shows they watch incorporate the virus into the story line?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Find it funny how two shows I watch just came out with episodes incorporating corona virus.
Supposedly all the "current real world" (not set in the past or future or a fantasy world) shows will do that. Like showing people wearing masks and all that. Will be interesting.

I think---I hope---I just saved someone from a scam. They bought a money order and were ready to overnight it to someone and they said "ugh, I sold something online and they sent too much money so I have to send some back, and they have so many demands!" I told them that I heard of some scams like that and they said they were going to go talk to their bank before they did anything. Dang scammers.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposedly all the "current real world" (not set in the past or future or a fantasy world) shows will do that. Like showing people wearing masks and all that. Will be interesting.

I think---I hope---I just saved someone from a scam. They bought a money order and were ready to overnight it to someone and they said "ugh, I sold something online and they sent too much money so I have to send some back, and they have so many demands!" I told them that I heard of some scams like that and they said they were going to go talk to their bank before they did anything. Dang scammers.
Yep, definitely a scam. Working at a Police Department and reading Police reports, this happens way too often (and not just to the elderly). We see a lot of "pay your electric bill in gift card or we'll turn off your power" type scams lately. Seriously??? Why would you think your electric company would demand gift cards for payment???

Status
Not open for further replies.