The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What condition is it in? Has it been used?
You must have missed my post above:

I have a brand new, never taken out of the box 6 gallon all-in-one fish tank that I have no intention of using. How much would I sell it for? I bought it for $27 several years ago. The original price was a little over $100. The particular model was being discontinued and it was a popular "must have" item posted on a fish forum I was on at the time. Should I price the fish tank at $100?
Current ads for similar but used condition fish / aquarium tanks on the local Craiglist run anywhere from free to around $100. Craigslist is my last resort since the people who answer ads can be sketchy. I'll post it on the company's Slack channel and classified list and see what happens. Hopefully someone is a fish hobbyist or wants to get started.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really hoping I can get into my son's school grading system. So far, I can't. I need it to print out report cards and for course info. The lady in charge and I have emailed each other back and forth all morning trying to figure it out. Interim report cards come out in a few weeks so hopefully I can get in by then.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I changed the curtains and things we wanted to keep at our old house. I have a glass front cabinet my grandpa made mounted to the living room wall. If we ever move; thats coming down before listing.

Its somewhat amusing to me with curtains though. I can see leaving blinds. But I cannot recall one move where we actually liked and kept the previous owners curtains! I can still remember the ones that were in my parents house when bought it in 1996. They were a ruffled light cream/white with BIG blue bows tying them back. Mom took them down almost first thing and I haven’t seen them since! :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad and very heartbreaking news. Waiting on confirmation but it doesn't look hopeful. I won't say until confirmation. All I know is I'm calling it quits with these cats. I can't do this anymore. I never should have started :(

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's guy in the building opposite of mine who creeps me out. He'll just stand in his Juliette balcony with the slider door and screen open and stare at my building. My unit is directly across from his so I'm paranoid he's looking into my unit :paranoid: Anytime I see him staring, I pull my curtains. He moved in fairly recently, within the past few months.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why must Boone and Gracie make making out my grocery list so difficult? :lol: If I open the fridge to see what we need, they climb in it. If I open a cabinet, they climb in. If I open the pantry door, not only do they walk in but go straight for the back where it is harder to shoo them out. I have to move the trash can to do it.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's guy in the building opposite of mine who creeps me out. He'll just stand in his Juliette balcony with the slider door and screen open and stare at my building. My unit is directly across from his so I'm paranoid he's looking into my unit :paranoid: Anytime I see him staring, I pull my curtains. He moved in fairly recently, within the past few months.
this could be the beginning of a romantic story :)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Had to evacuate unexpectedly at 4 p.m. yesterday because of fast moving wildfire. We drove 100 miles before we could find a hotel that wasn’t sold out. It was surreal driving through the smoke for mile after mile. Cats were terrified, and Iris and Lily both peed in their carriers and had to lie in it for more than two hours. There was nothing I could do about it. We’re safe, but our anxiety level is through the roof. The girls were up all night and are so scared, poor little ones.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, no. It's a middle aged balding guy who occasionally smokes from his balcony. No offense to anyone here that fits that description :paperbag: He might not even be looking at my windows but who knows? There's nothing of interest from his view.
It could be he isn’t thinking about much other than how much he enjoys his cigarette. But if you feel he is staring at you I would give him a little wave. That might be enough to have him turn his attention elsewhere.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I open the fridge to see what we need, they climb in it. If I open a cabinet, they climb in. If I open the pantry door, not only do they walk in
Sounds like my kind of kitties, spunky. Wish they could come for a visit. :thumbsup:

It was surreal driving through the smoke for mile after mile. Cats were terrified
I'm so glad you are okay! Good job getting the cats to safety. That must have been so stressful with cats in a hotel.:hugs:

middle aged balding guy who occasionally smokes from his balcony. No offense to anyone here that fits that description
That's what I said about the creepy guy who proposed to me on my walks when people on Facebook asked me if he was cute. I said "no offense" because my cousin has a husband with long hair & a beard that she adores and he cooks her dinner. So not all guys with beards and long hair are bad, but I'm not really attracted to them.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like my kind of kitties, spunky. Wish they could come for a visit. :thumbsup:

I'm so glad you are okay! Good job getting the cats to safety. That must have been so stressful with cats in a hotel.:hugs:

That's what I said about the creepy guy who proposed to me on my walks when people on Facebook asked me if he was cute. I said "no offense" because my cousin has a husband with long hair & a beard that she adores and he cooks her dinner. So not all guys with beards and long hair are bad, but I'm not really attracted to them.
My husband always tells me I picked defective cats. I remind him that he was invited to come and help pick which ones we got. He said he trusted my decision. Guess that was a mistake :lol:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to evacuate unexpectedly at 4 p.m. yesterday because of fast moving wildfire. We drove 100 miles before we could find a hotel that wasn’t sold out. It was surreal driving through the smoke for mile after mile. Cats were terrified, and Iris and Lily both peed in their carriers and had to lie in it for more than two hours. There was nothing I could do about it. We’re safe, but our anxiety level is through the roof. The girls were up all night and are so scared, poor little ones.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Tobermory Tobermory . How are you now ?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you ok?? I am so very sorry. Is it safe where you are? Hopefully you can buy a bottle or 2 of wine
to calm down. How are kitties and hubby?

Love,
Mia💖💓 :hugs:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

:grouphug::vibes:

Is that the most recent wildfire started by one of those dumb gender reveal parties? Who thought that setting colored fireworks off in an area already prone to wildfires to reveal the gender of a baby is a super awesome idea? :rolleyes3: The person who invented gender reveal parties and made it popular on social media now says the whole thing was a bad idea and is asking for people to stop having such parties, The woman who invented gender-reveal parties is calling for them to stop after one started a fire and burned down 10,000 acres of land in California

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Um, no. It's a middle aged balding guy who occasionally smokes from his balcony. No offense to anyone here that fits that description :paperbag: He might not even be looking at my windows but who knows? There's nothing of interest from his view.
That would creep me out too. Be careful. There are a lot of weirdos out there.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no, I'm so sorry to read this. You're all in my thoughts. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Status
Not open for further replies.