The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why can't they do something safer? Like reveal a blue or pink cake, or maybe hit a pinata filled with something pink or blue?
to

They can. There are a LOT of alternatives. My neighbors got a little "air cannon" and filled it with real rose petals to keep things environmentally safe. They were having a girl, but the florist told them that she could easily dye blue for boys.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone and Gracie hadn't played with a certain toy (pic below) in quite a long time. So I had the bright idea this afternoon to start playing with it and hope it would re-ignite their interest in it. It did! However, it is midnight and guess what toy they decided to play with... right outside my bedroom door. :rolleyes: Good thing I am not that tired.
20200912_000113.jpg

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new primary care doctor prescribed Celebrex for my chronic pain. I've been taking it since Wednesday, and WOW, what a difference. My back pain is at the lowest level it's ever been, and my knees have stopped hurting for the first time in five years.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My new primary care doctor prescribed Celebrex for my chronic pain. I've been taking it since Wednesday, and WOW, what a difference. My back pain is at the lowest level it's ever been, and my knees have stopped hurting for the first time in five years.
That's good news. I wish I could take pain meds but alas this one doctor years ago really messed me up (and I didn't help). And because of the stomach pain from taking meds I'm so scared or literally terrified to try. I can do topical though and have found Biofreeze to work very well. It got me through a fractured humerus 2 years ago.

Well I have one person that I met on Slowly that is from Bermuda. He seems nice. Not into relationships, just friendship which works wonderful for me. He's also a writer and I talked him into attempting NaNoWriMo this November. Met another person from Gambia and he seems pretty nice. Some of the others are willing to teach me their native language if I help them with English. I find that nice. Especially since I can't afford Rosetta Stone for language classes. Then there were some on Slowly that wrote me once but when I responded they never wrote back.

And yikes, I better get going on my writing class and all Hard when you have 2 whiny cats and a Mom to take care of as well as earning money for said whiny cats to eat. I literally go 18 hours a day.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you looked into the Babbel language learning app MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf ? Babbel.com - Prices The prices are reasonable if you choose to subscribe after trying the free version.
I have but it's more fun having pen pals right? Besides people teaching their native language is always more accurate then mis translation of a paid course. :) I can't afford even babble to be honest. Treasure eats all my money

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's on my mind? Um, it's 9:30 in the morning, which is two hours past my bedtime, and I'm so tired I could cry, but NOT SLEEPY! So here I am. I'll give the bed another try in a few minutes!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling melancholy today. My babies are growing up. It's like when you realize your human babies are no longer watching Bob the Builder and playing with Diplo blocks. They have transitioned to SpongeBob and Lego.

I was laying in bed last night thinking about all the annoyingly cute stuff Boone and Gracie used to do that no longer happen. The running around the bed wrestling with each other as I am trying to fall asleep. All the little squeaks they used to make to talk to each other. Lots of things.

Granted they have each moved onto new annoyingly cute stuff but I do miss some of the old stuff. :ohwell:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper was back yet again. Ate well, growled and hissed at Sopdet and Treasure but did not get into any fights. Neither did Treasure try to fight Cooper. I stayed inside this time because I felt that maybe being stray and feral they need to work out the difference on their own, not to mention the other day I got clawed just putting food in the bowl.

Trying to figure out where to put these cams that I need set up outside but as usual people on the cam site won't help or even give ideas. Ugh

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good news. I wish I could take pain meds but alas this one doctor years ago really messed me up (and I didn't help). And because of the stomach pain from taking meds I'm so scared or literally terrified to try. I can do topical though and have found Biofreeze to work very well. It got me through a fractured humerus 2 years ago.

Well I have one person that I met on Slowly that is from Bermuda. He seems nice. Not into relationships, just friendship which works wonderful for me. He's also a writer and I talked him into attempting NaNoWriMo this November. Met another person from Gambia and he seems pretty nice. Some of the others are willing to teach me their native language if I help them with English. I find that nice. Especially since I can't afford Rosetta Stone for language classes. Then there were some on Slowly that wrote me once but when I responded they never wrote back.

And yikes, I better get going on my writing class and all Hard when you have 2 whiny cats and a Mom to take care of as well as earning money for said whiny cats to eat. I literally go 18 hours a day.
Duolingo is free! I don't know if they have the languages you want to learn, but I practice French and Spanish on it daily to keep my brain sharp and hoping I'll be able to travel again someday.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right but as I said, isn't it more fun when talking with someone that that particular language is his or her native language? And I kind of get turned off by a site that offers Klingon as a language considering it's fictitious. Even though I am a Trekkie I think this whole Klingon language courses in colleges and all is a bit over the top. And yes I'd say the same thing if it was Vulcan, Cardassian or Bajoran.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right but as I said, isn't it more fun when talking with someone that that particular language is his or her native language? And I kind of get turned off by a site that offers Klingon as a language considering it's fictitious. Even though I am a Trekkie I think this whole Klingon language courses in colleges and all is a bit over the top. And yes I'd say the same thing if it was Vulcan, Cardassian or Bajoran.
I mean, it definitely is. My French most improved when I studied abroad, and before Covid, I was going to a French club so I could attempt to talk in person, though none of us were native speakers. I'm just not sure how much language I would learn from writing letters to someone, so having something that involves speaking and listening as well to supplement seems like it might not be a bad idea.

It's definitely annoying they offer Klingon and High Valyrian, but not Croatian, but I guess if people want to learn fictitious languages, more power to them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother has a knack for languages. He can pick them up so quickly. It's really annoying, lol. So he could probably learn Klingon in a weekend and consider it all in fun. But I think most of us shouldn't waste brain cells on fictional languages ;).
Right. I mean in the spirit of fun sure. But I wouldn't waste money on a language course to learn Klingon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it so hard to make lasting friendships? What's wrong with me?
You're not the only one with friendship problems. When I decided not to sneak out for my bday party, my 3 friends were so mad that only 1 of them wished me a happy bday. One took 4 days to even speak to me again, but she still didn't wish me a happy bday. And the 3rd friend is still not speaking to me.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not the only one with friendship problems. When I decided not to sneak out for my bday party, my 3 friends were so mad that only 1 of them wished me a happy bday. One took 4 days to even speak to me again, but she still didn't wish me a happy bday. And the 3rd friend is still not speaking to me.
Then they were never really friends and only care about themselves.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Cooper returned again. I was putting on a necklace outside (Treasure likes to bat it around a few times) so it's playtime as well. Cooper nearly attacked me when he saw the necklace. I'm really worried that someone has abused him and he's associating collars with that abuse. To a cat I guess there's no difference between a collar and a necklace. It breaks my heart that he's been treated so badly. :( And of course as usual no one in my city offers help or advice on this situation.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I reluctantly put away my summer quilt last night and pulled out the comforter :frown: Nights are getting cooler but days are still warm. I need a new comforter. The one I have came as part as one of those "bed in a bag sets" and most of the inner polyester fill material is gone (where I don't know :dunno: Fluffing it makes no difference). I don't need a down comforter as I have one already. Just something warmer than a quilt.

The position left vacant by the problem tech has been posted. Hopefully we get qualified competent candidates :crossfingers: It still bugs me that the problem tech couldn't do the job and was super slow at everything. I did something the other day that only took 2 hours. She did the exact same thing on the July 4th holiday, the only thing she was assigned to do, and it took her all day :headscratch: Why??? :frustrated:I guess it's one of those things that no one will ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.