The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got plexiglass barriers installed in our office. Only about 6 months after Covid first hit. :rolleyes: So far they are along the walkway in front of two co-workers' desks. The guy who sits behind me and I won't need one because there is a barrier from overhanging shelves between us. Plus he's short so he can't see (let alone cough/sneeze) over them. :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Cooper has returned but this time no collar. I don't know if anyone removed the collar or he pulled it off himself (it was a breakaway). One thing is for sure and that is he was abused. This once sweet boy clawed me (not hard) and is extremely vicious and aggressive. However we won't let me out of his sight and he acts terrified of something. Needless to say the fighting with Treasure and Sopdet has commenced. I don't understand why my neighbors are so hush hush about this. Most are outside 18 hours a day so I know someone sees something.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The person who invented gender reveal parties and made it popular on social media now says the whole thing was a bad idea and is asking for people to stop having such parties
Why can't they do something safer? Like reveal a blue or pink cake, or maybe hit a pinata filled with something pink or blue?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not having a gender reveal because I'm team green, but all this discussion on gender reveals is making me want a non gender reveal cake with green frosting inside.

....Okay, basically I just want cake. Let's be honest.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My online classes feel so impersonal. No one has their webcams on and no one talks much so it feels more like I'm watching a YouTube video rather than actually being in class. I hate it. I don't have anyone to talk to and I'm too scared to reach out because I think I'm bothering people. No one really talks about anything personal in the group chat so I think I can safely say that all those friendships I was working hard to create an maintain have fell through the floor. This really sucks. I've been inside for most of the year, I hate it. I want to go out and meet people, make connections. But I can't and that is extremely depressing. Especially since this might stretch into next year as well. Why is it so hard to make lasting friendships? What's wrong with me?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have found it much harder to make friends as an adult! DH and I are both pretty introverted; but we had a huge bridal party when we got married. Now we rarely talk to any of them. Some because life sent us different ways. Some are in different life stages. The whole friendship thing with covid is bothering me for my DDs sake. She’s getting to an age where she needs friends. Thankfully she connected to a friend’s daughter who is a couple years older than her through kids Facebook messenger. And her cousin. But still! Joining groups is not my thing and most aren’t meeting anyway...but something has to change.

My cousin’s have only done the colored cakes at a family dinner. I think everyone I know who has done themhas been safe in their choices. Piñatas, donuts, cakes. Several have been more about the older brothers and sisters finding out. Which is a sweet way to involve them.

At least I haven’t seen any prom-posals because of covid. Like man these boys today have to work hard! No elaborate marriage proposals either. :crazy: ;)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I too am an introvert but husband can literally have a 30 minute conversation with a stranger he just met in line. I have friends at work but never see/talk to outside of work. I have my online friends (you guys on TCS ) but obviously don't know offsite. At home in the neighborhood, I will talk to them but none I would want to hang out with. Guess my only real friends are the one I married and the two I gave birth to. :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to put on my glasses this morning and saw that I had lost one of the hard rubber/plastic? nose piece. No idea when or where I lost it. Looked around on the floor and can't find it. I just hope Boone and Gracie don't find it first.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to put on my glasses this morning and saw that I had lost one of the hard rubber/plastic? nose piece. No idea when or where I lost it. Looked around on the floor and can't find it. I just hope Boone and Gracie don't find it first.
I lose those things constantly. You can get a pack of replacements from Amazon, or most eyeglass stores will do it for free or a small charge.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why A would pretend to be B's friend only for B to later find out that A was really wishing B would go away. Doesn't A realize that it would be less hurtful to B to be honest instead of stringing that person along the entire time? I mean no one forced A to be friends with B to begin with. Both are over 55 years of age btw so we're not talking kids and teenagers.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An updated list of virtual fun events at work was sent out by email yesterday. I signed up for the yoga one yesterday. There is another event I want to do, a crafting one, but I had to wait for approval to leave work early for it. It starts at time when I would be on my way home from work. So got approval today and tried to sign up. It's wait list only:gaah: There was no indication that the virtual event was limited to a certain number of people. I added my name to the list. I can buy the craft kit on my own but it costs twice as much as the one you get for buying a ticket to the virtual event :ohwell: I'm not sure if the company arranged for a private virtual event or if it's a general event open to anyone and the company decided to let employees participate.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just fuming over an interaction with my next door neighbor. We have lived next to one another for 16 years but never a pleasant conversation. There is about 30 feet between his driveway and my house, 10 feet in his property and 20 on my side but he usually parks over in front of my house to make it easier I guess to pull out of his driveway.

Anyway, I saw him outdoors and went over to explain that demo on my basement door started on Wednesday and I was sure they would want to park and bring materials in an out on that side of my property. I ask if just for Wednesday’s til we saw how much space they needed he could park closer to his driveway or in the other side of it. And after several back and forth he more or less refused saying “well if they are experts, let them figure it out”. I am hoping a nice chunk of concrete gets dropped on his car.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:angrywoman: <-- That was me a little while ago with Miss Sassypants Gracie.

I had noticed not long ago that there were some small paint chips on the back wall of our kitchen where a chair had scraped. Figured since I had to be quiet, I'd get out the paint can and touch up those spots.

I knew I was probably going to be in trouble when Gracie took an interest in what I was doing. As I was dabbing the paint on, she was trying to jump up and touch it. She never could quite get that high until she did! :oops:

As I saw her coming down the wall, I knew I was in trouble. She had paint on both front paws. Before she could move, I grabbed her and put her into the sink. Ran the warm water and put both paws under the water trying to wash off the paint. I dried her off and let her go.

What did the brat do?? Went back over to the wall and started jumping at the wet paint again. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.