The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went skating still and fell badly on the ice.

My head is rattled up and my entire left side is in pain.

My skull almost hit the ice but my arm softened the blow.
Probably if you didn’t bonk your head you will be okay. A big dose of ibruprophen and a hot bath followed by a long nap will help you feel better.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so ready for this year to be over. 2019 wasn't terrible but it wasn't great, either.

I am getting so tired of my piercing pustule/bump. I've had one non-stop since my stud almost got yanked out last month and now it keeps almost getting yanked out (like that one cut you keep bumping). I'm hitting it with everything I got (sea salt soak, tea tree oil, etc). I'm not sure if just changing the stud to a new one would help or my piercer will give me some advice when I go get my healing stud removed, but I'm so done with it. I think I'm getting a hoop because this stud gets caught on EVERYTHING and it hurts like a mother thanks to this bump.

Teddy has been my shadow ever since I got him a new toy. He just follows me everywhere and will wait outside the bathroom door. I'm assuming he just wants me to play with him and is gonna follow me until I do lol

I'm going to quit my job as early as I can in 2020. I can't take this sh*t anymore. My supervisor has been so pissy with me because she and our boss wants me to clean the whole effing Radiology while also keeping up with ED. She yelled at me (through text, but trust me the attitude was loud and clear) when I told her there are days too busy to do much in radiology but I will try my best. Then for the next several days she barely talked to me and acted like I was a roach in her fridge. Gee wiz, sorry for being human. It's not my fault I can hold onto a slippery bar of soap better than this company can hold on to employees. It's not my fault you guys pretty much ignore night shift. Why not make him do what I couldn't in radiology. It's part of his job like it's part of mine. It's not my fault whenever I ask him to hit something I couldn't he doesn't do sh*t because he's a sexist old guy and I'm a woman asking him to do something.

I'm sick of this sh*t. I might just go across the street to the church and ask if they need an extra cleaning person just to get away from this hellhole.

It's also Monday so that sucks. I just needed to rant cause I'm at the end of my rope.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
"Sexist old guys"... Hate to break it to ya, but they're everywhere; part of the fabric, you might say.

Just last week, hubby and I were chatting with a friend who was expressing his interest in a lady. Thing is, there's another friend of his who also has an interest in the same lady. Apparently this other friend's comment was "That gal's gonna date me, she just doesn't know it yet". I soooo cringed. When I looked at my friend, he must have seen it. He just said, "yah, I don't know how to break it to the guy that ain't gonna cut it."

Another friend, my high school flame, has a friend who is constantly demeaning women in his commentary and language. I asked my high school friend about it, and he just kinda shrugged and said, "that's just the way he is".

It's like guys don't know how to call each other out on their bull when it comes to women. They just shrug and say how difficult it is to understand women, so they make up their own narrative. Unfortunately, I don't see it changing any time soon. :rolleyes:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Sexist old guys"... Hate to break it to ya, but they're everywhere; part of the fabric, you might say.

Just last week, hubby and I were chatting with a friend who was expressing his interest in a lady. Thing is, there's another friend of his who also has an interest in the same lady. Apparently this other friend's comment was "That gal's gonna date me, she just doesn't know it yet". I soooo cringed. When I looked at my friend, he must have seen it. He just said, "yah, I don't know how to break it to the guy that ain't gonna cut it."

Another friend, my high school flame, has a friend who is constantly demeaning women in his commentary and language. I asked my high school friend about it, and he just kinda shrugged and said, "that's just the way he is".

It's like guys don't know how to call each other out on their bull when it comes to women. They just shrug and say how difficult it is to understand women, so they make up their own narrative. Unfortunately, I don't see it changing any time soon. :rolleyes:
It's an unfortunate part of our world. Women are sexist to men and other women and men are sexist to women and other men. It's never gonna end imo.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can only see the top pecan layer now. It's for early Christmas with my family tomorrow, so I'll try to get a side pic of the layers once it's been cut into.
Do you have any idea of the damage that copious drool can do to a keyboard???

So much has changed. I have changed. He has probably changed. Do I want to ruin the memories and end up hating him because he became a jerk?
IF he is single now, why not? He may be a jerk now, if so, you'll stop thinking about him entirely. If not...neither of you are the same people you were. Why not see if you both like who you each are now? Worst that can happen is nothing, which is EXACTLY what will happen if you don't.

In other news.... our microwave gave up the ghost this morning.
Why couldn't it have happened during all the Black Friday sales?
Yeah. They always die at the worst times. Mine has been acting a bit funny lately. I'm hoping it will last till the first of the year. And...when it goes, do I carry it to the dumpster, or do I bury it in the back yard, erect a tombstone, and say, "Farewell, you good and faithful friend!"?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so ready for this year to be over. 2019 wasn't terrible but it wasn't great, either.

I am getting so tired of my piercing pustule/bump. I've had one non-stop since my stud almost got yanked out last month and now it keeps almost getting yanked out (like that one cut you keep bumping). I'm hitting it with everything I got (sea salt soak, tea tree oil, etc). I'm not sure if just changing the stud to a new one would help or my piercer will give me some advice when I go get my healing stud removed, but I'm so done with it. I think I'm getting a hoop because this stud gets caught on EVERYTHING and it hurts like a mother thanks to this bump.

Teddy has been my shadow ever since I got him a new toy. He just follows me everywhere and will wait outside the bathroom door. I'm assuming he just wants me to play with him and is gonna follow me until I do lol

I'm going to quit my job as early as I can in 2020. I can't take this sh*t anymore. My supervisor has been so pissy with me because she and our boss wants me to clean the whole effing Radiology while also keeping up with ED. She yelled at me (through text, but trust me the attitude was loud and clear) when I told her there are days too busy to do much in radiology but I will try my best. Then for the next several days she barely talked to me and acted like I was a roach in her fridge. Gee wiz, sorry for being human. It's not my fault I can hold onto a slippery bar of soap better than this company can hold on to employees. It's not my fault you guys pretty much ignore night shift. Why not make him do what I couldn't in radiology. It's part of his job like it's part of mine. It's not my fault whenever I ask him to hit something I couldn't he doesn't do sh*t because he's a sexist old guy and I'm a woman asking him to do something.

I'm sick of this sh*t. I might just go across the street to the church and ask if they need an extra cleaning person just to get away from this hellhole.

It's also Monday so that sucks. I just needed to rant cause I'm at the end of my rope.
If the job is making you crazy or sick, start looking NOW. It is far better and easier to get a new job if you are still working and quitting a job without another one can be financially disastrous. Even the process of looking can also make you feel better while you are sticking it out.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If the job is making you crazy or sick, start looking NOW. It is far better and easier to get a new job if you are still working and quitting a job without another one can be financially disastrous. Even the process of looking can also make you feel better while you are sticking it out.
Yeah, I'm looking around for jobs currently, and I'm gonna leave as soon as I am able to, but I agree, I won't quit until I have another job lined up. Honestly I really might just go across the street and see if the church needs another janitor. If so and they are willing to hire me I'll use that to just get away and figure out where to go next from there. It's a huge building so I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one position open. If there aren't I'll just keep looking. But my work friends here makes staying here for now not as bad. But man do I get sick of my boss and supervisor and their unrealistic expectations. My friends make me forget for a moment just how miserable this place is.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned houses to pay the bills when I was younger. It wasn't much different, as far as expectations go. Customers would come up with things/projects they'd want me to work on, and I'd have to be sure they understood that those things were going to take away from the time I'd usually do on the normal routine... so...
Some folks got it, some didn't.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cleaned houses to pay the bills when I was younger. It wasn't much different, as far as expectations go. Customers would come up with things/projects they'd want me to work on, and I'd have to be sure they understood that those things were going to take away from the time I'd usually do on the normal routine... so...
Some folks got it, some didn't.
Yeah it's frustrating. All they expect night shift (the slowest shift) to do is mop the main hallways, which only takes about an hour, sometimes less. And yet my shift, one of the busiest, is expected to dust, wipe things down, sweep, mop, vacuum, do detail work, clean bathrooms, etc etc. How is that fair? I'd bet money if I was night shift they'd tell me to do what they expect me to do now...

They really need to understand each shift's limitations and what is actually possible...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got in touch with him. I gave him my number and we talked for over an hour. And he's been texting me all night. Which is good, but it's hard to play Fortnite and get my challenges done.
He's divorced, however, nothing but friendship is going to come out of this. He's not moving back to AZ and there is no force on this planet that will make me go to SC. (I'm sure it's nice, just not for me).
I didn't realize how much I've missed him. I mean, it's only been 34 years, would've thought I'd be over him by now.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't realize how much I've missed him. I mean, it's only been 34 years, would've thought I'd be over him by now.
Aw,,,,,,,,Sounds like there is some unfinished business between you two.💖 You could always meet up for a weekend half way between your homes.I used to meet someone in Harrisburg, PA and he would come from Philadelphia. It was nice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He thanked me for the card and told me he'd be keeping it for a while because it meant a lot to him. He hugged me pretty tight. I was going to pull back but he held on for longer than I expected. He checked his phone mid conversation and just continued to work. Eventually, he says, "I gotta finish up here. See you around."
Wow. He sure knows how to send mixed messages. :headshake: My instincts say, wait for somebody a little nicer. You deserve better. :redheartpump:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. He sure knows how to send mixed messages. :headshake: My instincts say, wait for somebody a little nicer. You deserve better. :redheartpump:
I've had time to analyze my feelings and I think the reason I was so upset by the whole situation is because I've been feeling very unappreciated in my life.

By that, I mean, when I do nice things for people, they usually thank me but never make an effort to be a friend.

For example, there was a guy I know who was stuck in a bad situation. I wrote him letters of encouragement to take his mind off of things. When he got out of it, he thanked me and that was it. I gave him my number so that we could talk more and he hasn't contacted me since. I haven't seen him in months.

I feel like I'm always giving and giving. All I want is for someone to show up and be the friend I've always been to others but instead I get a whole lot of nothing. Of course, I don't regret doing these nice things but it seems like I'm always second pick or an after thought. Makes me feel like no one cares about me.

I would LOVE if someone wrote me a card with a lovely message inside. I would LOVE if I got letters of encouragement or a little surprise gift left on my desk or wherever.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can I join this thread? Snow is on my mind! We had three bands of it hit us yesterday and it looks so pretty out. We brought some in for the kitties and they rolled around in it until it melted lol.

Chanukah starts on Sunday and I need to buy another pack of candles lol. I'm struggling with a headache of two days because I pulled a muscle in the middle of my back.

In other news though? I bought a new spinning wheel and I'm really excited about it. It will be here on Thursday

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Have you thought of going on Match? That's how Lari Lari met her man and her sis did as well.

How are you doing since the fall?
I might give it a try. Thank you for the suggestion! ☺

I'm still in pain and I have some bruising but I'm okay otherwise. My head doesn't hurt anymore.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can I join this thread?
ABSOLUTELY, and you're super duper welcome, as is everyone :)

A spinning wheel?? no kidding?!

On my mind....frustration with recipes that give unreliable results - if your dang batter doesn't get done at a certain time/certain oven temperature, flippin' let us other bakers know, and the way this particular one is written, I don't think it's a typo. grrr. HOWEVER, frosting fixes a LOT of ills LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.