The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope the little stray cat I saw a while back found a warm place to sleep.

It doesn't really feel like Christmas this year. It kinda felt like it last year the closer it got but so far, nothing this year. Although working every holiday kind of makes those holidays feel like just another day. Sucks the specialness out of them. Hopefully my next job closes on major holidays.

Work really sucks when my friends aren't there. And my boss has been around more so lots of fun playing avoid the douche lol ugh.
I hope there's a feral caretaker somewhere and kitty goes and finds them. We have little heated cat houses outside for any ferals needing a warm place to sleep.

It actually feels kind of festive to me but I think it's because there's snow on the ground. By the start of chanukkah on Sunday though there snow is going to be gone so some of the magic will be gone. I still have two kids at home and I've been trying to do things to make it feel festive for them.

We have some more decorations to go on outside of the house too lol I'm trying to do anything I can to make it feel more festive. We have a little gingerbread kit even. I miss how the holidays used to feel magical as a kid

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope there's a feral caretaker somewhere and kitty goes and finds them. We have little heated cat houses outside for any ferals needing a warm place to sleep.

It actually feels kind of festive to me but I think it's because there's snow on the ground. By the start of chanukkah on Sunday though there snow is going to be gone so some of the magic will be gone. I still have two kids at home and I've been trying to do things to make it feel festive for them.

We have some more decorations to go on outside of the house too lol I'm trying to do anything I can to make it feel more festive. We have a little gingerbread kit even. I miss how the holidays used to feel magical as a kid
Yeah me too. They didn't look scrawny so hopefully they are getting enough food somewhere. Thanks for what you do for the strays near you. I'd love to get things to help but I don't see strays often and financially I'm not in the place.

Yeah the holidays were always so exciting as a kid and now it's kind of just another day. We have our house decorated inside, so it's a little more festive at home but I'm at work more than home so yeah lol

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It does not feel like Christmas to me. I have not gotten into the spirit.

I had so many unexpected expenses. I have never had this high a balance on my credit cards. I worry how it will be paid off.

More expenses in January, Also. I need a crown on a tooth, Geoffrey desperately needs a dental with at least one extraction. Car insurance, apartment insurance and just living expenses.

I guess I am worrying and venting. I just cannot end the spending. Sigh.

Anyway. I did go out today, found a couple of decorations at 50% off in addition to my 20% off! I needed to feel more Christmas.

Got a cheap miniature 20 light set, a cute Christmas orange kitty with a Santa hat on, and a very small ceramic Christmas tree. I had a large ceramic Christmas tree, years ago—which chipped and had to be thrown out.

This is making it feel better. And I found a Sparkling Cinnamon candle. This is one of my favorite scents.

Now I am sitting here, with the Christmas lights on. Candle lit. Feels so much better.

Christmas is “lights” memories— happy memories which are recreated in updated ways.

And for new beginnings—a new home, new kitty.

Thanks.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah me too. They didn't look scrawny so hopefully they are getting enough food somewhere. Thanks for what you do for the strays near you. I'd love to get things to help but I don't see strays often and financially I'm not in the place.

Yeah the holidays were always so exciting as a kid and now it's kind of just another day. We have our house decorated inside, so it's a little more festive at home but I'm at work more than home so yeah lol
I understand! I'm not sure where you are located but if you have a TNR facebook page? Reach out to them, sometimes they have free syrofoam houses for kitties outdoors that are filled with hay and keep kitties warm and toasty. It's not much but it could help some random kitty who needs a nice place to sleep

I had so many unexpected expenses. I have never had this high a balance on my credit cards. I worry how it will be paid off.

More expenses in January, Also. I need a crown on a tooth, Geoffrey desperately needs a dental with at least one extraction. Car insurance, apartment insurance and just living expenses.

I guess I am worrying and venting. I just cannot end the spending. Sigh.

Anyway. I did go out today, found a couple of decorations at 50% off in addition to my 20% off! I needed to feel more Christmas.

Got a cheap miniature 20 light set, a cute Christmas orange kitty with a Santa hat on, and a very small ceramic Christmas tree. I had a large ceramic Christmas tree, years ago—which chipped and had to be thrown out.

This is making it feel better. And I found a Sparkling Cinnamon candle. This is one of my favorite scents.

Now I am sitting here, with the Christmas lights on. Candle lit. Feels so much better.

Christmas is “lights” memories— happy memories which are recreated in updated ways.

And for new beginnings—a new home, new kitty.

Thanks.
I think for me the scents and lights do help a lot. When the roads are good I have my husband take me and the kids around to look at the lights in the neighborhood. Just driving around and looking at the lights really sometimes helps me feel more Christmasy :)

What's on my mind is if i'll ever warm up. Been freezing for 18 months
Oh no! I'm generally always cold myself. I just got a new fuzzy robe though and it seems to be helping me a lot more than I thought it would!

I'm watching True Crime Youtube videos tonight and pondering knitting up a scarf for myself

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
only want people surrounding me that help lift me up and encourage me. If you cannot do that, that's fine, but I don't want negativity in my life.
I tried to stay friends with my ex, but we ending up being total opposites in every single way. If I said the sky was blue, he would insist that it's purple. And he stated his opinions like they were proven facts, and my opinions were always wrong. No thanks.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to stay friends with my ex, but we ending up being total opposites in every single way. If I said the sky was blue, he would insist that it's purple. And he stated his opinions like they were proven facts, and my opinions were always wrong. No thanks.
Yuck, those dynamics are so exhausting! I had a really intense, fast best friend connection with this guy, but realized the same thing. When we has disagreements he was always right and never tried to compromise or talk about it. Jumped ship real fast from that relationship! Not worth my time or sanity!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really need to get better with lotion. I think my hands are cracking from this winter weather. Ir else I'm cutting them on cans of cat food. It's hard to tell sometimes.

I've celebrated early Christmas twice (once with each family) and am doing a Secret Santa at my school and we'll have our holiday party on Friday, but I'm still not really in the Christmas spirit most of the time. Of course, we didn't really put up decorations because we'll be gone, but I have been trying to listen to Christmas music.

I think there's just too much on my mind. Hopefully once I'm done with my sub plans for after break and teaching and am on my way to summer I'll be able to relax and enjoy.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting back into online dating has reminded me why I stopped in the first place.

I forgot that black women are seemingly at a disadvantage because we are seen as the least desirable romantically. Seems cheaper to just meet people in person and see where that goes.

That's what's been on my mind all day. It feels degrading as a human being to feel like no one wants you simply over something you had no control of and that has no affect on who you are as a person.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I’m not sure this is how this thread goes but here’s what’s preoccuping my thoughts. Many of us love our cats and I’m guessing other animals as well. Where I live in Bend Oregon we’re experiencing huge growth. It’s high desert and you don’t have to drive far to enjoy recreational activities of all kinds. Problem is, we’re actually losing what we enjoy here and it’s breaking my heart. I saw a fawn and die running along a construction fence where they have portable living spaces for long term building. This area was their sanctuary long before we took over their homes. We built houses where their was an established elk migration route. Much land here is becoming real estate for the highest bidder. Like I said; it’s truly breaking my heart to witness this. I cried when I saw the fawn and doe. Anyway I had to voice this. Thanks 🙏🏻

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The woman below me is screaming at her boyfriend again. It's 2:30 in the morning.

She's already been warned that she could be evicted if she continues this behavior. Frankly, no one in the building would miss her.
I just called the police. They're sending someone to check things out. I'm sure she'll be screaming about that too, but I don't care.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you on that. I have no decorations displayed and I don't care. Pain levels have been so high that I almost went
to the er yesterday but I was able to manage on my own but it's exhausting. Family is in high drama, etc.
Ok, enough whining, needed to get that off my chest.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my hands are cracking from this winter weather. Ir else I'm cutting them on cans of cat food.
It's the winter weather. Once it got down to the 40's, my hands started cracking. I put lotion on right before bed, that way they can heal for 8 hours straight.

Getting back into online dating has reminded me why I stopped in the first place.
Online dating is just too hard, because you build up this picture of them in your mind, and they turn out to be something completely different. If I ever tried it again, the guy would have to fill out a checklist beforehand. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I’m not sure this is how this thread goes but here’s what’s preoccuping my thoughts. Many of us love our cats and I’m guessing other animals as well. Where I live in Bend Oregon we’re experiencing huge growth. It’s high desert and you don’t have to drive far to enjoy recreational activities of all kinds. Problem is, we’re actually losing what we enjoy here and it’s breaking my heart. I saw a fawn and die running along a construction fence where they have portable living spaces for long term building. This area was their sanctuary long before we took over their homes. We built houses where their was an established elk migration route. Much land here is becoming real estate for the highest bidder. Like I said; it’s truly breaking my heart to witness this. I cried when I saw the fawn and doe. Anyway I had to voice this. Thanks 🙏🏻
That sounds so sad to have seen. I grew up in Illinois in a very large suburb. Throughout the years I've seen forests and other habitats get demolished to build more houses and buildings. There are hardly even any patches of suitable habitat along roads and highways. When I left for school, now the only natural areas are forest preserves. Yes, you see one every couple 5-10 minutes while driving, but it is not the same as having undisturbed land and habitat. It has been sad to see.

Even the small town I go to school in North Carolina has been transforming within the past year and a half I've been here. While driving to the school field station, there is an area that had most trees and vegetation cleared out along a river to make what I think is similar to camping grounds. There are many ski places, too, and I just noticed a vertical section was stripped of trees going up a mountain that was on my way to the local grocery store. There is what may be some type of lift or power cords. It is an ugly site and made me sad as I love seeing mountain upon mountains with trees while driving here. We seriously need to stop building more buildings.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Also in Central Oregon, prineville; Facebook built several servers because “we have the perfect climate”. This year several of the reservoirs were lower than they’ve ever been! Facebook is using up their water. It’s farming land here also. The reservoirs are full of camping and water recreation and also prineville’ Bread and butter. A very necessary income for people there...

Status
Not open for further replies.