The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A spinning wheel?? no kidding?!

On my mind....frustration with recipes that give unreliable results - if your dang batter doesn't get done at a certain time/certain oven temperature, flippin' let us other bakers know, and the way this particular one is written, I don't think it's a typo. grrr. HOWEVER, frosting fixes a LOT of ills LOL
Yeah! I have another one but I'm getting a small electric one this time. So it can travel with me to craft fairs and events so I can spin and keep my hands busy.

OOOF I know the kind of recipes you are talking about too. I've had some issues with online recipes and when I ask the person about it 'oh yeah I might have had to put it in a little longer' and I'm like I wish you had said that originally.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something I've always wanted to do is make Youtube videos where I talk about old movies. Never had the courage, though.

However, I've resolved to try one anyway. I'm just working on pictures and music right now, and I'll record myself later.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought a new spinning wheel and I'm really excited about it. It will be here on Thursday
YES, you can join in ANYWHERE on the site, and be VERY welcome, and I'm in awe! I'd love to have a spinning wheel...not that I know how to spin, but I could learn! UM...can you spin cat hair? Goodness knows, I have enough of it!

However, I've resolved to try one anyway. I'm just working on pictures and music right now, and I'll record myself later.
YOU GO! Let us know when it is up, and we'll watch it!

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Something I've always wanted to do is make Youtube videos where I talk about old movies. Never had the courage, though.

I'd love a link when it's done! I love old movies!

YES, you can join in ANYWHERE on the site, and be VERY welcome, and I'm in awe! I'd love to have a spinning wheel...not that I know how to spin, but I could learn! UM...can you spin cat hair? Goodness knows, I have enough of it!
You can spin cat hair! When we had our Maine Coon Darcy I'd spin her hair. Now though my kitties are mostly short hair save one but she's too touchy to really brush. Spinning is a lot of fun. I knit and crochet and stuff too but spinning is special. All the fluffy bats of fibre and lovely soft things to touch. It's a very tactile experience lol.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ou could always meet up for a weekend half way between your homes.I used to meet someone in Harrisburg, PA and he would come from Philadelphia. It was nice.
At least that was in the same state, not across the country.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having one of those days where I am feeling sad and grumpy for absolutely no good reason. I mean, this is a hard week to be a teacher, but nothing went terribly wrong today more than usual, I'm leaving on my honeymoon soon, and the sun even came out today (which it's been pretty cloudy and dark here for a while). So it's really annoying that I can't seem to shake this bad mood.

Hopefully I'll feel better after I sleep.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having one of those days where I am feeling sad and grumpy for absolutely no good reason. I mean, this is a hard week to be a teacher, but nothing went terribly wrong today more than usual, I'm leaving on my honeymoon soon, and the sun even came out today (which it's been pretty cloudy and dark here for a while). So it's really annoying that I can't seem to shake this bad mood.

Hopefully I'll feel better after I sleep.
I think we all have those crappy days. Are you feeling better today?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we all have those crappy days. Are you feeling better today?
A bit. But it's early, so I hope it doesn't come back.

It's this dang cold weather, it's got me depressed too. :( Can't wait until spring. :sunshine:
I think that's got a lot to do with it. It does seem to happen in the winter. Plus dealing with the exercise in futility of trying to teach the week before Christmas.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am having one of those days where I am feeling sad and grumpy for absolutely no good reason.
I was gonna ask if it's the weather. I've been very weepy this week about things. Not even things I would usually be weepy about but it's been a strange week and just ugh I feel you

Welcome AngelicGarrison AngelicGarrison Would love to see a pic of your spinning wheel.

View attachment 313009
I will definitely share as soon as it gets here. I can share a photo of what it looks like from the website

IMG_7478.jpg
I ordered my wheel in black with 7 bobbins and a USB plug in too so I can plug it into phone chargers and spin that way too.

It's this dang cold weather, it's got me depressed too. :( Can't wait until spring. :sunshine:
I like the snow and I like the cold (I'm a weird one) so right now I'm happy. But when the snow melts and it's just gray all day and not anything fun? Then I get depressed. I hate that. Right now I also have the Christmas lights to look forward to. They make me smile.

What's on my mind today? Tomorrow my spinning wheel will be here and I'm really psyched haha

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joining this thread...

Have an ex that keeps in contact with me. When he first reached out months after the break up, I made it clear it would only be a friend thing, and if he could handle that, that's fine. So he's been increasing contact a bit lately and asking about my job search as he knew I was looking to work full time during winter break.

It has been feeling like he has something negative to say about most things (he is more pessimistic and worries about what ifs), and I'd rather have encouragement and support than a downer questioning things. He asked about my new job and I was mention how I enjoyed it and how it is pretty slow, so I have lots of time to get things done. He responded slow is a curse and a blessing because busy makes the time go by but you can't get any cleaning done. I kinda joked calling him Mr. Pessimistic and said that's why you find projects to keep busy (when it is quiet). He said it wasn't pessimistic and gave an example for himself, so I realized he was talking about his own experience and stated that he was speaking of his own experience.

I also shared how I just learned that there should be a book that lists all the wines that are sold, which I look forward to studying in my spare time and should help me get knowledgeable about the wines to help customers. He responded, wines can be complicated, especially when you don't drink.

Sometimes it's hard for me to know what boundaries to set and when, especially because my family tells me I'm making a too big of a deal about stuff when I state a boundary with them, so it's normal for me to have doubt about stating a boundary.

The responses of my ex had a negative connotation to me, partly because I heard it said in a negative way while reading it. Not sure if I was partly projecting as I've been having a lot of anxiety surrounding my new job, but it irritated me and I decided to tell him I wanted more positivity than negativity and said: Okay, I like positivity and encouragement, if you are going to be spreading negative energy, I will not be talking to you anymore. It feels draining to me when you focus on what you perceive as negatives and challenges in my situation because it brings my mood down, and I don't need that. That is why I have limited contact with my family, and only want people surrounding me that help lift me up and encourage me. If you cannot do that, that's fine, but I don't want negativity in my life.

He asked what was negative and I stated the examples and also said I am a fighter and overcome things and make things work.

He replied: Those are general statements about the object or situation it’s not saying you can’t do something but if you feel that way that’s fine I will limit talking I wasn’t saying anything negative so don't worry about anymore .

Wow, after reading his response it felt a bit immature, kinda half gas lighting and half passive aggressive/manipulative/pouty. I had an urge to talk to him and rectify the situation, but stopped myself. If this is how he is going to respond to me stating my needs, it is not worth investing more energy. While I'm still questioning if I should have said something, I know when I tell my therapist he will probably tell me great job because he's been encouraging me to state my needs and stand up for myself. So go me, I guess!

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie from the sounds of it? It sounds like you just need to break all contact and block his number. His replies to me do sound like a Debbie Downer. You were looking for support not someone saying 'oh yeah this will be hard' you needed someone to say 'I believe in you and you can do it.' I for one think it's good you called him out on that behavior. It's the kind of stuff that weighs on you. I had a friend like that. She would always be negative or almost like she was looking for an excuse to argue with what I said. When I got rid of her it was hard to do but I feel better about myself. And it's nice to be able to say something and not have her constant comments all the time now.

So Welcome to the Thread and good on your for standing up for yourself.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie from the sounds of it? It sounds like you just need to break all contact and block his number. His replies to me do sound like a Debbie Downer. You were looking for support not someone saying 'oh yeah this will be hard' you needed someone to say 'I believe in you and you can do it.' I for one think it's good you called him out on that behavior. It's the kind of stuff that weighs on you. I had a friend like that. She would always be negative or almost like she was looking for an excuse to argue with what I said. When I got rid of her it was hard to do but I feel better about myself. And it's nice to be able to say something and not have her constant comments all the time now.

So Welcome to the Thread and good on your for standing up for yourself.

Aw, thanks for the support and reassurance! I just blocked him on facebook and my phone. You are absolutely right, that's the response I look for from friends and anyone I choose to spend time with. It's a great indicator to know what kind of person and friend they can be. It makes such a difference being surrounded by people who support you and push you to be your best than people who point out the negatives and what ifs. Growth is important, and having positive people around can make a huge difference.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in Ohio and went to Harrisburg by bus, 6 hours, ha!! Have you spoken with him since that first night?
6 hours would only put me somewhere in NM. Halfway is probably a 2 day drive. But yes, we talk everyday.

Have an ex that keeps in contact with me. When he first reached out months after the break up, I made it clear it would only be a friend thing, and if he could handle that, that's fine
I also have an ex that I keep in contact with. We started as friends, then it got romantic. Then we both said "What are we doing? We made much better friends". He has been my best friend (no romantic stuff) for 18 years.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have an ex that I keep in contact with. We started as friends, then it got romantic. Then we both said "What are we doing? We made much better friends". He has been my best friend (no romantic stuff) for 18 years.
That's great you've been able to keep a great friendship with him, and it works for you guys! I broke up with my ex last February and spent 2 days crying and grieving, but then have never looked back and know I will never have interest in being with him again and that I made the right decision for me, and even for both of us. I was growing a lot, and he wasn't ready to grow with me, and I didn't know if he would ever be ready.

There have been a few guys who have tried to get me back after breaking up with them, which is why I was so blunt with him about we were not getting back together and it would only be a friend thing. So if he could handle that, we could be friends. Although, I'm finding he's not the best to keep around even for a friendship. I'm glad it worked out in your case, and you have a great friend out of it!

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope the little stray cat I saw a while back found a warm place to sleep.

Based on the reactions after the screening, pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed in the new star wars movie. Oh well, it'll still be fun doing something with two of my brothers and one of my sisters in law.

While I won't see one of my brothers and his family until January, getting a little antsy waiting for his Christmas present to arrive. I might have to buy him a backup gift just in case. Hopefully, I didn't get scammed but it's starting to feel like that. Good thing I used paypal.

It doesn't really feel like Christmas this year. It kinda felt like it last year the closer it got but so far, nothing this year. Although working every holiday kind of makes those holidays feel like just another day. Sucks the specialness out of them. Hopefully my next job closes on major holidays.

Work really sucks when my friends aren't there. And my boss has been around more so lots of fun playing avoid the douche lol ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.