Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what to do. I got a friend request on FB today...from my ex. Not just any ex, this was my one and only true love and the only one I said 'Yes' to. Didn't get married, we were too young and stupid. I probably should accept, but why after 35 years is he trying to reach out? I just need to figure out if I want or need him back in my life. Don't get me wrong, I will always love him. You always hold a special place for your first love.
So much has changed. I have changed. He has probably changed. Do I want to ruin the memories and end up hating him because he became a jerk?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say accept. John and I met when I was 16. He asked me for my number, but didn't call. He later said he chickened out. Ten years later, we went on our first date. You never know what will happen if you take a shot.
Last I heard he was married. He did msg me and simply asked "Is this you?".
I don't want him to be like my son's father. He friended me simply to push his political views (Trump) on me. I deleted him quickly.

I responded, so we'll see how it goes.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
There will always be a connection with your first...
I kept in touch with my high school sweet heart's parents over the years.
After about 25 years, I met up with my old flame. He had kids, and was married. I'm married as well. There was no real "flame" any longer, but we decided we make pretty good friends (long distance helps, too). Other high school friends have not been as connected, even when we've occasionally touched base.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what to do. I got a friend request on FB today...from my ex. Not just any ex, this was my one and only true love and the only one I said 'Yes' to. Didn't get married, we were too young and stupid. I probably should accept, but why after 35 years is he trying to reach out? I just need to figure out if I want or need him back in my life. Don't get me wrong, I will always love him. You always hold a special place for your first love.
So much has changed. I have changed. He has probably changed. Do I want to ruin the memories and end up hating him because he became a jerk?
I hope things go well when you start talking with him.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been there, and chose no. But it sort of depends I think on the situation. My guy was longtime married and just getting nostalgic I thought about our past. I didn’t want to go there and ignored the request.

I would see what you can find out about him. Is he married or in a relationship? Are you married or in a relationship? Is reconnecting something that might cause pain or make your life messy? Or would reconnecting bring closure to past issues?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
All I can say is people change...you can keep it friends only and see what your gut says..I know in my short life, I feel like my life has been one of 3 seperate people..I have changed several times and definately am NOT the same person I was as when I was a teenager ready to move out...you can meet for dinner and see how it goes..some people change..some people are mature enough to know this..hard to tell by Facebook posts though...meet face to face and take it one step..if nothing, maybe you guys can be good friends.
If not, you guys can laugh at the old days and talk about the good times in high school or college..lol.

I don't know if I would accept friend request-I would instead meet up and see what happens-then when you gain some trust then add him to your facebook page..not everyone I chat with is on my facebook-some people I only feel comfortable trading jokes or small talk...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I would accept friend request-I would instead meet up and see what happens-then when you gain some trust then add him to your facebook page..not everyone I chat with is on my facebook-some people I only feel comfortable trading jokes or small talk...
Last I heard he lived in SC. However, his dad and brother still live in the valley, but that's over 200 miles away.

I'm like you, I only have 9 FB friends. I tend to not let too many people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.