The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoof. I hope my straw advice didn't cause it. :alright:

I've never had one. I know they hurt like heck though. What can be done for it, other than enduring until it heals?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go back to the dental school tomorrow to get it checked out. Today was the first day the swelling was down enough to let me get a good look. What I thought was the clot was in fact bruising.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how I managed it, but I've developed a dry socket :gaah::doh:
OH NO! Poor Lovey, take care of you!

Tomorrow evening I'm going to pick up my new recliner! I'm majorly excited. Now I just have to find a love seat, and I'll have a "real" living room! I've been making do with two chairs for so long, I can't remember what "furnished" looks like!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he went over all of that with me (again, there are serious advantages to having an agent come to your house). However, since I don't travel, and ALL of my doctors are part of a huge group and accept Humana, I'm good to go with that. Now, should I move, or lose my Medicade, I may have to revisit it, but in that case, PCH would have come to my door, and private insurance would no longer be an issue for me!

Isn't it wonderful? I had my old computer for literally YEARS! I think it was well over 15 years old when my son got me the new laptop. I was in HEAVEN! I had no idea that things could even load this quickly!
That is so funny.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to feel human again. Tonight I actually ate 2 fork full's of spaghetti. This is the first thing other than the egg that I've actually eaten in 3 weeks. (My gall bladder will never allow an egg again). Now that I'm finally off of the antibiotics, I feel a little better. Only now (because of them?) I have little blisters all over the roof of my mouth, tongue and gums, so...that's annoying. I'm going to try some mashed potatoes in the next couple of days, looking forward to that. I think my stomach is the size of a quarter right now, so just a bite or two of anything and I'm full.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That can really get frustrating. When my ex lacerated my spleen and kidney, I wasn't able to eat for more than 2 days. They'd gotten the internal bleeding under control but wouldn't let me eat in case it started up again and they had to remove the spleen. I guess the kidney bleed wasn't as bad so they never discussed taking it. That, coupled with the blood in my abdomen compressing my stomach and intestines, made it so I couldn't eat more than a bite or two. I looked like I was about 6 months pregnant with all the blood in there bit they wanted to let me body reabsorb it.
I'm glad you're on the mend! Good wishes coming your way.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 , you may want to get some probiotics. Antibiotics can do some nasty things to our bodies by killing off all the intestinal flora we need, and probiotics help to replace those. The last time I needed them my doctor recommended Align as the best brand available at a reasonable price, but you should ask your own doctor what you need; there's a chance of drug interactions if you just accept an internet recommendation.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
(My gall bladder will never allow an egg again).
Best day of my life was when my gall bladder and I parted ways. They were going to do a lapro, but when they saw it, they cut me from stem to stern, lifted it CAREFULLY out, and the whole thing disintegrated in the pan! I have NOT missed that annoying little organ one little bit!

Only now (because of them?) I have little blisters all over the roof of my mouth, tongue and gums, so...that's annoying.
Could be from the albumin in the eggs, could be thrush. If it is thrush, active-culture yogurt will help, if you can eat that.

Just talked to my neighbor, and we're on to go get the chair today! AND the thrift store that is so nice here DELIVERS! So, chair today, love seat next week!

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 I agree with probiotics. Antibiotics are nuclear bombs, they kill the bad with the good. Also my mom put off gallbladder surgery for at least ten years because everyone talked about how a lot of foods would then cause all sorts of digestion problems, cure worse than the disease. I remember her huddled over in pain many times. Finally her doctor talked her into getting it out and food never again has caused her trouble. The food doom and gloom people lied.

Alicia88 Alicia88 That is horrible what he did. Please tell me a long prison sentence was given.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yay on the new furniture!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm way ahead of you on the probiotics. Now that I'm finally off of the antibiotics, they can start to work.
As far as my gall bladder, I did have a consult with a surgeon about it. He refuses to take it out for only one stone. Said I can get along fine with it how it is.

On a side note, Doctor dick (surgeon) has me signed up for surgery on the 3rd. Without my consent. I don't think so. I have not heard from even my PCP since my hospital stay, nor have I had another CT scan to see if I need it. I tried to go onto my patient portal and cancel it, but it won't let me. How can they sign me up for something without even my acknowledgement?
There is a long story behind the hospital Doctor and Doctor dick getting into a screaming match in my room about my recovery diet. I find the whole thing almost humorous.

Edit: I weighed myself today. Lost 15 lbs. I wouldn't recommend doing it this way though.

Last edited:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
My husband had an abscess and his PCP recommended a great surgeon. The surgeon said he wanted to try 3 months of antibiotics before surgery. Hubby developed a fungal infection in the affected armpit, I shaved it to offer relief from the hair holding moisture against the skin, surgeon said that the rash came after me shaving because it was clearly irritation. 3 months passed, abscess was bigger, surgeon said 3 more months of antibiotics.

I slammed on the brakes and told my husband he will get a second opinion. Second surgeon said antibiotics were useless because the infection was long gone, his immune system was simply detecting white blood cells in the area and assuming there had to be an infection, then send more white blood cells to fight the "infection", then it'd detect the new cells, on and on. Hubby had surgery just a week or two later.

Moral of the story: kashmir64 kashmir64 Find a different surgeon and get a second opinion on that gallbladder.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 I agree with probiotics. Antibiotics are nuclear bombs, they kill the bad with the good. Also my mom put off gallbladder surgery for at least ten years because everyone talked about how a lot of foods would then cause all sorts of digestion problems, cure worse than the disease. I remember her huddled over in pain many times. Finally her doctor talked her into getting it out and food never again has caused her trouble. The food doom and gloom people lied.

Alicia88 Alicia88 That is horrible what he did. Please tell me a long prison sentence was given.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yay on the new furniture!
Nope. He got 3 months in jail and was ordered to complete a 52 week DV class. Wanna hear the best part? After I pressed charges , I learned that he had 2 prior DV convictions and had just completed a 52 week DV class a few weeks before I met him. I guess he's gonna have to actually kill someone before they do anything. He came close with me. He didn't take me to the hospital until I was on death's doorstep. They couldn't get a blood pressure or temp read on me. I received a massive blood transfusion and they said if I'd gotten there 10 minutes later, it would have been too late.
There should be a registry for people like that. If I'd known his history, I wouldn't have given him the time of day. He was so nice at first. Talked me into quitting my job and moving in with him so I could go back to school. Then I was trapped. And all my friends and family were in Missouri and couldn't help. I was the perfect victim.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. He got 3 months in jail and was ordered to complete a 52 week DV class. Wanna hear the best part? After I pressed charges , I learned that he had 2 prior DV convictions and had just completed a 52 week DV class a few weeks before I met him. I guess he's gonna have to actually kill someone before they do anything. He came close with me. He didn't take me to the hospital until I was on death's doorstep. They couldn't get a blood pressure or temp read on me. I received a massive blood transfusion and they said if I'd gotten there 10 minutes later, it would have been too late.
He needs to be in prison. I'm glad everything with you turned out OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.