The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In that case, find a cardboard box the appropriate size, make holes for the cords to fit through (make the holes as large as necessary to get the plugs through, but leave a cardboard flap), put the whole assembly in the box, and seal it with packing tape, including taping down the cardboard flaps. DIY power strip protector.
Actually, that's a good idea, for any other animal than Samai. Doing this would be like putting 5 neon arrows saying "when you get done destroying the cardboard, go for the cords". The rug covering them is working for now.
Maybe it upset you & you were in shock? That can happen sometimes, and you laugh instead of crying.
No, it wasn't shock. I spent my summers on my grandmother's cattle ranch growing up and have done my fair share of skinning. I'm not one of those people that think meat comes from the grocery store. It was probably because I wasn't expecting to drive down the road, a mile from town, and see a cow hanging upside down from a tree. It's not that unusual, I just wasn't ready for it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, that's a good idea, for any other animal than Samai. Doing this would be like putting 5 neon arrows saying "when you get done destroying the cardboard, go for the cords". The rug covering them is working for now.
If the rug is working it may not be worth your while to try anything else. If, however, it becomes worthwhile, try going to the school supplies section in your local grocery store and getting a couple of plastic folders (with pockets inside to store papers in). They're cheap, easy to cut with scissors, and you can make your own box out of them. Holes for cords, leave flaps, packing tape, etc..

Margret

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Huh. I never considered Oldsmobile a luxury car since my Dad wasn't rich. But they were really nice on the inside. We had a blue one and a tan one, brand new.
This one is white on the outside and charcoal/blue on the inside with upholstery that looks velvety. It has features you don't usually find in a regular sedan, like outside mirrors you can adjust from the inside on both sides, electric driver's seats and a drawer underneath the passenger seat for maps I suppose. The seats are extremely comfortable and the seat in front can be made into a bench for 3 people with 3 sets of seat belts or by putting down the armrest to be just 2 seats which has a place for cassettes which I now use to stash stuff like Kleenex (remember those cassettes? that's why I got a new stereo system to play CDs) The back has seat belts for 3 and the visor on the driver's side has 2 parts so that you can have it for side and front at the same time which is really helpful early in the morning or evening and you are on a winding road with the sun shining in first on the front and then on the side, you don't have to move the visor all the time which is dangerous. My son, the big rig driver, says he wishes he had those on the truck he drives. It also has mirrors and lights on both the driver's and passenger's visors and a light to read maps by (remember that this is before GPS and gadgets that tell you how to get somewhere). And the trunk is humongous! I really love this car! It's not the humongous Oldsmobile but the somewhat smaller, sportier looking one. I saw an older Toyota Camry in a parking lot today that looked a whole lot like it including a bumper that stuck out a few inches like my car. People have asked me if it was a Lexus!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so mad at my sister. She posted on FB that she is making my grandmother's stollen. I said "I want one". She informed me that she didn't have any to send me. I know my grandmother's recipe make 2 large and about 5 small ones. She can give them out to her friends, but not to her sister and elderly mother? (whom I take care of after her breast cancer and heart attack)
I realize that she's making it and she doesn't have to send one, but would it kill her to think of family once in a while?
She won't even let mom come stay with her for a couple of months during the winter (she lives in Phx) and she has a 4 or 5 bedroom house. All the kids have moved out. I wouldn't have babysat (for free) all those times if I knew she was going to be like this. And people mistakenly think blood is thicker than water.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is no accounting for families. None. And some have more than their fair share of issues. I am so sorry that yours is one of these.

I'm getting my hair cut Friday. This is a huge deal. I haven't been to a professional stylist in over 15 years, although there have been some "home trims" in that time. I can sit on my hair. It will be going short. SO much damage to get rid of! I'm excited and TERRIFIED, and anticipating spending the afternoon crying in a puddle. Even if I love the cut, the shock will do it.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a big step. Perhaps you would feel better if you can donate your hair to someplace like Locks of Love. They use donated hair to make wigs for cancer patients. It's a wonderful cause.

A friend just had 31" trimmed and donated. She looks terrific and has more time for life. She said she feels great about it now, although it did take a lot of courage to go through with it.

As each section comes off, think of it not as your loss, but a priceless gift to someone.

You're a very kind, courageous, and generous lady. If you need a hug, we're all here for you.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no accounting for families. None. And some have more than their fair share of issues.
Maybe it's my issue and not theirs. Both my sister and half brother are alike "Look at me, see what I have, see who I know, aren't I special". I couldn't care less how much stuff they have or who they know. So maybe it's my issue that I couldn't care less. I am not impressed.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting my hair cut Friday. This is a huge deal. I haven't been to a professional stylist in over 15 years, although there have been some "home trims" in that time. I can sit on my hair. It will be going short. SO much damage to get rid of! I'm excited and TERRIFIED, and anticipating spending the afternoon crying in a puddle. Even if I love the cut, the shock will do it.
The first time I got my long-enough-to-sit-on hair cut short the stylist asked me for a note from my husband saying it was okay! This was many years ago, and I suspect that at some point an angry husband or boyfriend may have threatened her, but even so!

Margret

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele once had hair long enough to sit on- bright red at that. I had to brush it out for her, because she couldn't do it herself. One day, she had it cut super short, and the owner of the place she went tried to talk her out of it, and when he couldn't, he insisted on taking pictures first.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I've wanted to chop off my waist length hair but couldnt go shorter than lower shoulders. I dont look good with short boy cut style because I have a long hairline in back of neck. The last hair dresser who shaved the back of my neck, boy did I break out. Since then I've been ok with longer hair. If I keep it braided or a tight bun then I can get away with not washing it daily..but I still have to shower daily so to heck with it I left it long.

Yes family....hump. that's all I'm gonna say about it. :rolleyes3:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went from long to short hair and was really happy about it. Then my stylist moved. Not one of the last three people were able to cut it like she did. The last one really butchered my hair. I have tried to keep a sense of humor about it. I told everyone at work I was trying out a new style called "the weedwacker".:lol:
It really does look terrible though. Hopefully in another month or two it will grow out enough that I can go to a different place and maybe they can at least even it out a bit.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you sure you want to go short? You could go shoulder length with some nice layers.
The stylist I'm going to is insanely good, and has a reputation for being excellent with what styles work well with what hair type and faces. I'm going to rely on her a LOT. I'm hairing impaired. I cannot use a blow dryer, or curling iron, or smoothing brush. It MUST BE wash and wear, and there's a lot of curl, so if it is TOO short, it just stands up in "widgets" all over. She knows this.

It's a big step. Perhaps you would feel better if you can donate your hair to someplace like Locks of Love. They use donated hair to make wigs for cancer patients. It's a wonderful cause.
I want to, but my hair is damaged. I AM going to ask about it, though.

Maybe it's my issue and not theirs. Both my sister and half brother are alike "Look at me, see what I have, see who I know, aren't I special". I couldn't care less how much stuff they have or who they know. So maybe it's my issue that I couldn't care less. I am not impressed.
No, its their issue that they care too much about things that don't really matter.

The WASHER/DRYER is here! One machine that does BOTH! I'm going offline now to begin reading the manual, and see if I can wash a load of clothes...if I can get it to launch start. The control panel is straight from NASA!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like wine. I wish I did, but for me it is just a terrible thing to do to grapes. I hate the rotten fruit taste.
I went to a dinner party the other night and one of the other guests made me feel bad. The host knows that I don't care for wine so didn't offer me any. Her sister in law made a big deal about it though. She kept trying to get me to try it. I politely refused but she kept going on and on.
Toward the end of the dinner the sister in law excused herself and was gone for about 10 minutes. When she returned she had a bottle in her hands. She had actually gone to a convenience store and bought a cheap bottle of pink Moscato. She said "Here is something anybody will drink"
I was so embarrassed. And angry. I don't know what the other guests thought, but I thought she was unbelievably rude. I said my goodbyes shortly after that.
Perhaps I am being overly sensitive. The host did text me to apologize for her sister in law's behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.