The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit of perfectionist with school as well, but I've had to kinda let that go recently. I just don't have the time for perfectionism and a baby and keeping up with housework and still taking a little bit of time for myself. It frustrates the heck out of me, but sometimes, you have to let something go. I still have an A average but I've gotten a few B's here and there and once (gasps) a C! Oh, the horror!
That's not counting the C I got in the public speaking class. Frankly, I was happy to get that. I wrote awesome speeches but the second I turned the webcam on to record them, I went "deer in headlights" and forgot everything I once up, up and including my own name.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky, in that growing up, I had Aretha, as well as Martha and the Van Dellas, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Carole King, Dusty Springfield, Carly Simon, Janis Joplin, and a whole lot more. All had great sets of pipes, and this before such things as Auto-tune. But if you want to hear something that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, get a recording of Jefferson Airplane ' Surrealistic Pillow ' and listen to Grace Slick singing 'White Rabbit'.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A horrible tragedy has come to pass. I was eating some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream late last night. I went into the kitchen without using the light, shoved it into the freezer - about half a pint left - and went to bed. Got up this morning and it was on the floor in front of the freezer. Wasted. I don't know, I guess I didn't set it flat and it fell out as I was closing the freezer door and hit the floor just as the door was closing so I didn't hear it. Or ghosts. One of the two. So horrible. My ice cream! *Sobs*
Oh I'm so sorry about your ice cream. :hugs: Good thing the kitties couldn't get to it and eat any. You would have had sick kitties on your hands.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicqui is doing good on the prescription food the vet started her on. She has been eating it for almost 6 weeks. She has only vomited once in that time, and that was after eating a gecko. :gaah: So the vomiting must be like the vet said, GERD/acid refux. He told me to give her a hairball remedy, that didn't help. I tried a food that didn't have chicken in it, that didn't help. Hopefully this food will soothe her tummy and solve the problem. It's expensive but better for her to feel better and for me to not have to clean up the icky stuff. :cringe:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A horrible tragedy has come to pass. I was eating some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream late last night. I went into the kitchen without using the light, shoved it into the freezer - about half a pint left - and went to bed. Got up this morning and it was on the floor in front of the freezer. Wasted. I don't know, I guess I didn't set it flat and it fell out as I was closing the freezer door and hit the floor just as the door was closing so I didn't hear it. Or ghosts. One of the two. So horrible. My ice cream! *Sobs*
I found your culprits...it was partying gerbils!

(don't even ask how I found that, you don't want to know!)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I was hoping to get higher grades, but I still get to go to my top university of choice next month to do the course I prefer (linguistics) so I guess that's all that matters.
In the end, yes, that is all that matters. I know how disappointed you must be, but remember that a LOT of extremely intelligent people DO NOT TEST WELL! And for many reasons.

She has been eating it for almost 6 weeks. She has only vomited once in that time, and that was after eating a gecko. :gaah:
God knows, it would do it for me! I'm with her.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan ate cat food. He's crawling now and followed me to the kitchen while I messed with the laundry. Our laundry nook is just an extension of the kitchen. I figured he'd be fine, not quite awake yet, so whatever. I turned back around and he'd just shoved a handful of cat food in his mouth.
He might turn into a cat now. That's how this works, right? Hehe

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate a piece of dry cat food once and survived. It tastes terrible! It tastes like chewing a Brewer's Yeast tablet instead of swallowing it. I don't know why cats like it.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember eating dog food when I was little. I know it won't hurt him. Still, yuck! LOL
I think I have strep throat. I have blisters in my throat and I only get blisters with strep. My insurance won't cover a doctor's visit for anything not "female related" so I'm gonna tough it out and hope it goes away. Since Aedan is still breastfeeding, I'm hoping that will be enough to protect him from it but I'm gonna try to get him an appointment tomorrow to make sure he's not getting it. He's been kinda fussy today so his throat might be hurting or it could be from teething. Hard telling.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I accidentally ate my aunt's cat's food whilst I was feeding him as a child once. I was scooping the last bits of it out of a tin with a spoon and when I was putting it in the bowl I accidentally got a bit on my finger, which I later licked without realising that there was cat food on it. It sure does taste disgusting, but it's not meant for the human taste palette :lol:

On other news, I'm going on a trip to Paris for a few days tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it - I hope Toffee and Fudge will remember my neighbour who came to feed them when we were away in Provence in mid June, haha.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be getting laminate wood flooring in my bedrooms in the next week or two. I had furniture in my Arizona room and one bedroom that I wanted to get rid of. Called a consignment store yesterday and they came today and picked it up. That will make the Arizona room a cozier place to sit when this hot weather is over. I'll get a new dresser and nightstand for the bedroom, probably at the same consignment store, for a good bargain. It's exciting, I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.