The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn gerbils! Lol
I've heard it said that babies and cats don't mix. Whoever said that should come by my place for a while. Cuz that clearly isn't true.
It's a foul slander started by cat haters. Goes along with the myth that cats try to "steal" a baby's breath (a misinterpretation of cats sniffing a baby's mouth because it smells like milk).

Murphy has put in a request for payment in the form of catnip. Hehe
Pay up. He earned it.

I think I have strep throat. I have blisters in my throat and I only get blisters with strep. My insurance won't cover a doctor's visit for anything not "female related" so I'm gonna tough it out and hope it goes away. Since Aedan is still breastfeeding, I'm hoping that will be enough to protect him from it but I'm gonna try to get him an appointment tomorrow to make sure he's not getting it. He's been kinda fussy today so his throat might be hurting or it could be from teething. Hard telling.
It's been almost a week since you posted this; how is your throat now?

The thing is, it's dangerous to ignore strep; that's how you get rheumatic fever. https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-rheumatic-fever-basics

Mine is a misting fan. It has a small tank at the bottom with a tube that takes the water up to the fan at the top. It's like the air coolers that were out years ago. Don't remember if I got it on Amazon or QVC but here's a description on Amazon.
You know those big orange buckets they sell at Home Depot? Well, the last time I was at Home Depot I saw a fan designed to sit on one of those buckets and draw water up from the bucket and mist it, while fanning. Unfortunately, the display had just been set up and there wasn't a price tag on it yet, so I've no idea how much they were selling for. You could probably find it on their website, though.

Oh, I know I'm hungry. I'm slightly hypoglycemic so if I don't eat within 30 minutes of feeling hungry, I get nauseous, lightheaded, weak, and shaky.
Yes, I get nauseated when I'm really hungry, as well. Very annoying; it makes it really hard to fix the problem. I've found that if I take one sip of milk, and then throw it up, as soon as I'm done throwing up the nausea disappears and I can finish off the milk and whatever else I was about to eat.

My children used to do that and it drove me crazy. I told them if they did not know what they wanted out of the fridge then to leave the door closed until they did know, that I did not want to cool the whole house with an open fridge door. Money was too tight to waste it on airconditioning the house via an open fridge door.
Not to mention that it doesn't work. The refrigerator transfers heat from inside the fridge to outside the fridge - it keeps food cold by warming the house a little. Leaving the door open just makes it work harder, and produce yet more heat to balance the cold that it's making.

Except for when you have a migraine. One time, I had a real bad migraine and almost crawled into the kitchen. Stood staring into the fridge for almost 5 minutes before my son finally asked me what I wanted in there. Unfortunately, the brain (or at least mine) doesn't fire correctly when I've got a migraine. My response-"the toilet. I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where it is".
I hate it when that happens. (and that's not the first time)
Ouch!

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The throat is improving. The blisters are gone and now it's just a little scratchy.
I wouldn't have kept ignoring it if the symptoms started getting worse.
So, we get WIC and they gave us vouchers for 40ish jars of baby meat this month. Aedan wants nothing to do with it. I can't blame him - it has no flavor! It's gross. On the other hand, the cats love it. So I guess they're getting baby food for a while haha. May as well let them have it rather than throwing it away.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My oldest son LOVED the baby meat Gerber's put out way back when. He scarfed it up at age 3 months and did not want much to do with sweet stuff. He loved spinach, green beans and all those other good-for-you veggies. Even as a teenager he loved his veggies, and yes, even spinach, preferably creamed which was the way I served it but not just steamed which we both found gross. That child ate whatever I put on the table unlike his siblings who found something or other objectionable at one time or another (fish tastes fishy unless it's fish stick, I don't like meat unless it's ground beef etc).
Baby meats are not supposed to taste like grown-up foods which usually have too many spices and particularly salt and sugar in them. I think feeding the baby meat to the cats instead of making it more palatable to your child is almost a crime, just mix some carrots or other veggies with it, at the rate you're going you're liable to end up with a picky eater.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan ways everything - except the baby meats. I don't use much salt when I come and I've googled spices that are good for babies and use them in the food I cook and he eats what we eat. He eats more real food than baby forf. Small bites. I asked the pediatrician and she said that's perfectly safe.
I have a weakness for baby peaches. He usually eats the full 4 ounce container but when he doesn't finish the peaches, I help him out lol. YourYo not supposed to store it anyway. And he gets over 100 containers a month. Can any baby actually eat that much? That's not counting the baby meats or the cereals. Seems overboard to me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it ok to tell a former co-worker that you DO NOT want to be kept up to date of all the gossip / rumor / news going on at your previous job? :argh: I got an email from someone on Saturday. I've been trying to ghost this person for awhile now (long story). The email wasn't a "how are you doing" inquiry. It was to tell me some gossip she heard from someone about a person I had worked with. I actually know the gossip is untrue because it was about "M" who, according to the gossip, left "just recently" but had really left in June, an entire month before I left.

Can I just straight out tell her to stop telling me everything that is happening at my previous job because I don't give a :censored:? Or do I have to say it nicely, like "Thanks for the news but I'd appreciate if you not continue to give me updates on what is happening with that job / team?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to tell a former coworker that I was not interested in all the gossip going on at the office after I retired. He no longer called me and he was my best friend. I did not care for the people I worked with and I sure as hell did not want to hear about them after I left. All he wanted to do was to talk about our coworkers and nothing else. I was glad when he stopped calling.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I told him it was OK to talk about other things but apparently he did not want to. He also came into a lot of money but I don't know if that had anything to do with him not talking to me anymore.

I want to know what ghosting means, too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ghosting (relationships) - Wikipedia

I really do not care about any of the people I used to work with, especially those on that particular team and the lab :headshake: This person knows all the details about why I left. I don't understand why she thinks I'm interested I'm the latest gossip about that :censored: team / department.

So it's ok to set boundaries with this person and make it clear that I don't to want to be told any gossip / rumor / etc? If she gets upset, then that's her problem right?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, so ghosting means you just disappear, like a ghost without telling anybody. I kind of did that when I moved back to the country. Not many people know where I am.

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finally found a wet food that my cats, Windy & Theo will eat. The winner is Fancy Feast! My poor Theo was having such bad diarrhea while trying to figure this food issue out. They are so picky! I've discovered that it has to be pate' or the ones with extra gravy. Also changed the hard food to Friskies. I've heard that there is a dry Friskies that doesn't have food coloring. I'm going to look for that - haven't been able to find it yet. Has anyone seen this kind of Friskies?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're trying to ghost this person, why even answer any emails at all? That kind of defeats the purpose.

If I stop responding, she'll start bugging a mutual friend of ours for info about me and use that friend as a "messenger" to get messages to me. She's done this before. I never use that mutual friend to send a message back.

I guess I just want to know if telling someone to stop telling me XYZ because I don't give a :censored: is ok or not. Or if just not responding and dealing with inquiries from the mutual friend is a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.