The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They kinda look like Crocs slides. Might be a knockoff brand too. I think most shoe places should have something similar.
Baya Slide
According to my parent's they got it for me from Aldi, though it's being so long I doubt they know for sure.

It probably is a knock off brand, but it is so much more comfortable then anything else I've bought. Tried so many brands and they're all not nearly as comfortable.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, yeah, buying stuff from Aldi is like that. They get a truckload of something and then you never see it again :/. Any brand names still visible?
Oh... Don't know why I didn't think to check. If there is any on the back it got removed from years of use, but maybe there is something on the front, I doubt it, but I could check. Such a shame, I've being going barefoot in my home, and for someone that has knee and hip pain, it's not fun.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like a slide sandal. Couldn't tell you the brand, but that broad band is typical for slide sandals.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like a slide sandal. Couldn't tell you the brand, but that broad band is typical for slide sandals.
Yeah that's what it seems, being doing all the research and can't find something similar :(

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
One of the boys is not feeling well and I'm not sure which one. Midway hasn't whined to go out and has been low energy all day and was a bit clingy for a while. Montressor left the upstairs to stay close to me most of the day, which is very clingy for him. And one of them had a major vomit fest on the comforter - two hairballs and what looked like a well digested and very filling breakfast plus lunch. I get that cats try to hide when they don't feel well, but why do the other cats in the cat colony also act a little squirrelly, making it hard to pin down which odd behavior is because of feeling lousy and which odd behavior is because a loved buddy is feeling lousy????

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn has a loose tooth! She said her tooth hurt and I took a look and didn't see any sign of cavity. She's 5, so I had her try to wiggle it and she said it's a little wiggly. It was actually a little sad. I told her it sounds like her tooth is about to fall out and she started crying and saying she didn't want her teeth to fall out! So I explained about baby teeth and how everyone loses their baby teeth so their adult teeth can come in and I told her about the Tooth Fairy. So now she's excited. Haha. I'm so glad we get to be the ones to take her of her first lost tooth.
Just don't read Hogfather to her, at least not until all the adult teeth but wisdom teeth are in.

Anyway thanks guys! Fun fact, did you know there was a little owl on the american dollar bill!

https://terrifictop10.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/owl-dollar-bill.jpg
How cute!

:flail: I have to say, when I saw the last duck my thought was, "Okay, time for a pin. I said he could have one duck; I never said he could inflate it!"

Lately I've been getting whisper purrs from Jasmine, especially when her ears are cold from sitting in a window at night. You know, the cat is vibrating, just like a regular purr, but it isn't vocalized at all. Don't know what cold ears have to do with it...

Margret

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
:flail: I have to say, when I saw the last duck my thought was, "Okay, time for a pin. I said he could have one duck; I never said he could inflate it!"
The first time I saw it, when he texted asking for one duck I told my husband she needed to put a size limit on it when she said yes. I was actually a little surprised it filled only the bathroom.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kidding! Have you seen the TV version of it? It is amazing. They actually did a good job representing the book. The guy who plays Teatime is super scary.
No, I haven't seen that; do you know who produced it, or which network it was on?
Edit: I seem to have found it:
I'll try to watch the whole thing later tonight, after my conference call is over so I can take my time and not be interrupted.

In 1997 we (my husband and I, my mother, and my mother-in-law) traveled to The Netherlands to celebrate Christmas with my husband's sister and her family - her husband was an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who was an attaché at the U.S. embassy in The Hague. After Christmas Roger and my MIL both flew home almost immediately, but my mother and I stopped over in London for a couple of weeks. While there we visited a bookstore and I found Hogfather, newly out in paperback, and bought it immediately. It's the only one of Sir pTerry's that I have in the British edition.

:sigh: I miss Sir pTerry. His illness and death were a huge loss. I sure hope the ads I've been seeing lately that say the first person to survive Alzheimer's is alive now are correct; it's such a horrible illness.

Margret

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't seen that; do you know who produced it, or which network it was on?

:sigh: I miss Sir pTerry. His illness and death were a huge loss. I sure hope the ads I've been seeing lately that say the first person to survive Alzheimer's is alive now are correct; it's such a horrible illness.

Margret
Not sure what network it was on, but it is available on Amazon Video.

I do miss him. He had a special way of writing to entertain and comment on important world issues.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what network it was on, but it is available on Amazon Video.

I do miss him. He had a special way of writing to entertain and comment on important world issues.
Re-read my original message; I just edited it. I found the movie on YouTube.

I can't imagine anyone else writing such wonderful footnotes...

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so tired. Aislyn was up at 6:30 this morning.
I remember seeing this parenting tip somewhere. Get an analog clock with a sign pointing to the numbers. Say, 9:00. Leave poptarts or a piece of fruit or something and a juice box in the kid's bedroom. Make a rule that the kid can't leave the bedroom until the hands on the clock are pointing to the 9 and the 12.
I'm highly considering it. But Aislyn hasn't been that great at listening and following rules lately.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet parenting tip. Me? Glazed eyes, bedhead making me look matted, and threatening horrible death in a growly snarly voice that would send many people scrambling to find an exorcist unless she stopped making noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.