The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! Felix has gained 3 whole pounds since taking the Tapazole. He is noticeably heavier and I now have to put more effort into lifting him. Before, I could lift him with only one arm because he was under 8lb but he is now 11lb and climbing. Food intake has been the same. He's also noticeably chubbier. I'm really happy. I hope this means the medication is working!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a new dishwasher! Well, new to us. The neighbor gave it to us. She said she just doesn't have room for it anymore. We're trying it out tonight. She said it leaks just a little, but we have tile floors so no big deal. It's on wheels so we can keep it next to the wall out of the way when it's not in use and we just connect a hose to the sink to use it. Pretty nifty.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some extra sleep this morning! We haven't gotten a clock to try that thing yet, but since Aislyn is never hungry as soon as she wakes up, I told her if she played in her room until she was hungry then woke me up, I might not be so tired and I might be able to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast. It worked like a charm. I got to sleep til almost 9.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some extra sleep this morning! We haven't gotten a clock to try that thing yet, but since Aislyn is never hungry as soon as she wakes up, I told her if she played in her room until she was hungry then woke me up, I might not be so tired and I might be able to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast. It worked like a charm. I got to sleep til almost 9.
Cool! Good call. :celebrate:

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished watching the Hogfather movie. You're right, Mr. Teatime is terrifying.

Did you read the credits at the end? The toymaker was played by Terry Pratchett!

Margret

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I should start a cute cat video thread. Problem is that if I do so, I won't find any more cute videos.

A couple of the wild nature clips were a little cringeworthy (bobcat lying on a cactus looking chilled) but all the people ones and what looked like zoos or nature preserves were cute and funny.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a wonderfu video! Thanks for sharing that. I've heard that the bobcats on cactii is really fairly common.

We're at the old apartment trying to finish up and suddenly, it's full of fleas! The cats didn't have any when we moved and there's been no sign of them any of the other times we've been over here but now we're picking them off of is left and right! Where did they come from??? I sent John it for some bug spray and we're gonna bomb the place.
Fleas are bitty opportunists, and will hitchhike in on clothing in a heartbeat. The worst flea infestation I ever had came at a time when I was between animals. I actually moved the family in with my mom for a few days while I resorted to spraying malathion over every inch of our house, AND in the yard. I don't recommend this...the stuff is deadly, and may even be illegal now, but it did work.

Doncha love it when a plan comes together? NICE JOB! And it isn't even bribery, just presenting attractive alternatives.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter's speech therapist once told me that bribing children is giving the reward up front in hopes of getting the appropriate behavior. Giving the reward after is no different than your boss giving you a paycheck after you do your job duties.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it got me some extra sleep. John had today off so he got up with the kids this morning. And then Aislyn helped me get the roast in the crock pot. I did the chopping and she put it in and I let her add the seasoning. I told her it'll probably taste better since she helped.
She's been better the last few days. Fewer fits, less "my mom this, my mom that," and not as much arguing about the rules. There's always an adjustment period but this one took a lot longer than normal.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna end teen pregnancy once and for all. I'm gonna pick a different teenage girl every week and have her watch Aislyn and Aedan for 2 hours while trying to take a 12 page math quiz. They'll be too traumatized to ever have unprotected sex again!
:flail: :thumbsup:

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm gonna end teen pregnancy once and for all. I'm gonna pick a different teenage girl every week and have her watch Aislyn and Aedan for 2 hours while trying to take a 12 page math quiz. They'll be too traumatized to ever have unprotected sex again!
OK, I'm now going to go change my pants. Don't DO that to an old woman without warning!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've realized that I have gone noseblind. I was away from my house and dog for a full week. Upon returning Bosco smelled SO BAD, but everyone said, that's just how he smelled. I couldn't stand to be near him until he got a bath. After three days or so, I didn't notice the smell anymore. Same thing happened when I came back to my house. It smelled like a pet house. It smelled gross, but after about a day I didn't smell it anymore. It doesn't help that pretty much the whole house is carpeted. I think carpet traps odors. I have to vacuum constantly. I didn't realize how bad everything smelled. I guess I need to clean more than I am right now. Now I feel dirty and gross and smelly...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always worried that I smell like spoiled milk and I don't notice cuz I'm nose blind to it. I'm constantly leaking. And John lost his sense of smell. We did done googling and foundc that it's a pretty rare side effect of flonase. He stopped using it but he still can't smell. I keep trying to get him to go to the doctor but he won't.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, Aedan is my child. He was screaming his head off. Teething sucks. I tried everything 5 times, then resigned myself to holding him while he yelled cuz I was out of ideas. Found a cute cat video on Facebook. He stopped crying to watch.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So they just called for the flags to be put at half-staff for the Capital Gazette shootings. The Presidential Proclamation says, at the end: "IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this third day in July, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second."

I don't remember past half-staff Proclamations saying anything about the year of U.S. independence (also it shouldn't say "and"). I wonder if I just never noticed, or if it's new, or if it's just because it's so close to the 4th. Interesting. . .

ETA: Hmm, after looking up past Proclamations, that is what they've always said. It's funny that I didn't notice before. Seems awfully fancy for a half-staff notice. Now I want to see what else they use that date for, lol.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Half Staff Flag Status

Last edited:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Montressor has been acting like he hasn't felt quite right the past couple of days. I found out why. He puked up a hairball over 4 inches long. How do you fit that much fur into a cat's stomach?

Are there any preventative remedies for hairballs?

And why are they called "hairballs" when they are made of fur? Shouldn't they be "furballs"?

Status
Not open for further replies.