The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember ever refusing to nap when I was a kid. Even in kindergarten, I fell asleep during rest time. I would take a nap every day if l could! Aislyn argues that she's not tired but she always falls asleep and stays asleep for at least 2 hours. So she must be a little tired!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you pray, would you add her to your prayers? Her name is Alyssa.
Done, and a candle is lit for Alyssa.
00000000000000000.jpeg

But I don't feel like any of our rules are unreasonable.
They aren't. I would only tweak your answer a tiny bit. Don't even mention that this is your house, not Mom's house. Don't make comparisons. Simply say, "Different houses have different rules, and these are the rules in this house."

As for the crying, it's not upset crying, it's manipulative crying to get her way.
Ignoring is good. If it doesn't seem to work, try saying something like, "Would you rather waste time crying, or would you rather (insert something better)?" It isn't "bribing." NEVER say, "If you quite crying I will (or "we will"). " Just...distract. Offer something else constuctive to do.

On a happy-ish note...South Korea has made the killing of dogs for meat illegal. Not eating dog meat, but slaughtering for meat. The darned Festival is still happening. However, a first step in stopping the whole despicable thing has been taken.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try that. I'll take get grocery shopping and let her pick out dinner. Maybe even make a cake for dessert.
She definitely tries using crying for attention. Yesterday, I was nursing Aedan on the couch next to her and he started kicking his little feet cuz babies do that. He kicked her and she started crying. Of course it didn't hurt. He's 5 months old! His kicks don't have any force behind them! It was close to bedtime and she gets super whiny when she's tired. That's why I still make her take naps. If I don't, she's just impossible.
If you haven't read it . . . read Siblings without Rivalry. It is an amazing book that can really help. Sibling rivalry is completely normal, but there are things that parents do accidentally that encourage it. Things that are super easy to change. Step children and biological children tend to have even worse rivalry problems so stopping this as much as possible now is a great plan!

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thinking about how I have to take my baby to the vet tomorrow to get her nails trimmed and have them listen to her heart. Last time they said my kitten had a very slight heart murmur, so I'm hoping that it won't get any worse.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just told that having a litter box in the corner of Aislyn's room is unsanitary. Um, no it's not. We have one in the corner of the kitchen, one in the corner of the living room, and one in the corner of Aislyn's room. They're cleaned every day. It's not unsanitary. This from a person who has puppy pads all over her house for her dogs to pee and poop on. SMDH

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you haven't read it . . . read Siblings without Rivalry. It is an amazing book that can really help. Sibling rivalry is completely normal, but there are things that parents do accidentally that encourage it. Things that are super easy to change. Step children and biological children tend to have even worse rivalry problems so stopping this as much as possible now is a great plan!
I haven't read everything in this thread, but I just want to pop in to say there was NEVER any rivalry between me and my sister growing up. I don't think it's inevitable.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn has a loose tooth! She said her tooth hurt and I took a look and didn't see any sign of cavity. She's 5, so I had her try to wiggle it and she said it's a little wiggly. It was actually a little sad. I told her it sounds like her tooth is about to fall out and she started crying and saying she didn't want her teeth to fall out! So I explained about baby teeth and how everyone loses their baby teeth so their adult teeth can come in and I told her about the Tooth Fairy. So now she's excited. Haha. I'm so glad we get to be the ones to take her of her first lost tooth.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You may show her this:

Everybody and their second cousin has "dropped by" my house today, and a couple said they would come back later. At some point, am I justified in saying, "Please don't, not today, I have a lot going on"? It has taken me the better part of two hours to do an hour's worth of posting here today.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stopped by the bank today to get a $2 bill to prepare for the lost tooth, but they didn't have any. I'm gonna try to make it to the main branch tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have one. I had a very generous tooth fairy. The firstc tooth was $2, then $4, then $6, and so on. It was quite a letdown when I ran out of teeth, but a great incentive to keep believing. Lol
And, a bit of humor.
1637141.gif

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work retail and I actually have 2 dollar bills in my drawer quite often. If there are any stores that you frequent you could call and ask them if they have any $2 bills. I have a couple customers that like to buy them off me.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A little weird question, but I'm getting desperate. Does anyone know what the classification of footwear these are? I've worn these indoors for 6 years to the point the bottom is completely gone and it's now ripped. Don't know what kind of slippers/shoes/?? these are. Help!?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.