The Positive Thread - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I went into the city yesterday for a free classical violin and piano concert. 🎻 🎶 It was wonderful and the instrumentalists got a standing ovation. Afterwards had lunch at a vegan Asisan restaurant. All in all a very nice way to spend the day.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
First meal for My tiltocatl albopilosos tarantula. or nicaraguan curly hair as its commonly called. Its been underground the past 3 months and should have molted even thoough i dont notice any gain in size aside from being more fuzzy😅
Was just gonna ask for a photo and there it was 👌 what a fuzzy lil fellow....

Many years ago a friend had a tarantula named Fred- Fred felt so funny crawling around on my hands and I asked my friend if Fred knew him..... He looked at me strangely and said" Kwik,Fred is a bug"

Funny but tarantulas seem more than just an insect to me,I guess it's the furry body and they seem to want to stay on your hands and hang out- I dunno,I certainly don't like " bugs",especially spiders ever since my near fatal encounter with a brown recluse yet Tarantulas remind me more of a hairy squid,lol

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been reading about “Cat Island,” in Shanghai, a new refuge for stray cats! Boy do they look clean, healthy, well taken care of! (You can see the short video on a website called Sixth Tone). There are 400,000 stray cats in Shanghai alone. This place also TNRs, and it come with a spotless indoor pagoda for their “winter house.” People can come to adopt and learn how to take care of a cat properly. What interests me most (and maybe it’s my imagination) is that ferals seem to have regional differences…I wonder if there are feral subspecies. :think:

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all- g'morning!
So yesterday my Cuz came over,took down the enclosure,sawed the old couch in half to fit through the hallway and beaurtiful door he built me - we through out alot of stuff(Yay) and assembled my new sectional sofa

Hooray ,I have a living room again after nearly 9 months....
Timmy was the first to test out the chaise( such a surprise)- he then gave his approval by clawing it and scratching it up real well so I put a blanket on " his end "- lol
20240210_173503.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! :bouquet: Glad your cousin was able to help put your living room back together.
Me too- I'm just thrilled ...the cats are all fine with it as well,I kept the litter box very near where it was and will gradually get it to the corner..... their little beds are not moved either or their kibble & water dispenser ❤

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too- I'm just thrilled ...the cats are all fine with it as well,I kept the litter box very near where it was and will gradually get it to the corner..... their little beds are not moved either or their kibble & water dispenser ❤
So happy you are going to be comfy & cozy in your newly decorated living room !!! Now to get your car back...

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so tickled to have a nice living room but even more so that the cats are unphased by everything being moved around,it even better now that the sofa covers the mirrored wall and Timmy is just trotting around without any hesitancy as he was seeing his own reflection..... all great stuff!