The Positive Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend I realized the pain in my feet might be partly because my sneakers were going on 2 years old. I didn’t have time to shop and it looked like Kohls didn’t have any Asics in the store in my size. So I found the newer version of what I was wearing (knowing Asics fit me well in a running shoe style) and ordered from Amazon.

It’s amazing how quickly I could feel the difference in how my whole leg feels aligned again. I didn’t realize I was over pronating even with arch supports. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me sooner that I might need new shoes.

The next best part: they are light purple (kind of a pinkish purple). And the next: they were on sale for a really good price! :thumbsup:
You know what we horse people say" no foot,no horse"

I'm glad you realized- gotta take care of those footsies

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This weekend I realized the pain in my feet might be partly because my sneakers were going on 2 years old. I didn’t have time to shop and it looked like Kohls didn’t have any Asics in the store in my size. So I found the newer version of what I was wearing (knowing Asics fit me well in a running shoe style) and ordered from Amazon.

It’s amazing how quickly I could feel the difference in how my whole leg feels aligned again. I didn’t realize I was over pronating even with arch supports. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me sooner that I might need new shoes.

The next best part: they are light purple (kind of a pinkish purple). And the next: they were on sale for a really good price! :thumbsup:
Several times I have gotten new shoes, and my back/legs felt so much better and for some reason I throw the old pair on again and wonder how the heck I even walked in them!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using a knock off version of Birkenstock sandals for years. This is during the summer. I love them. My feet/legs feel so comfortable in them. Last spring, The knock-offs were really in bad shape; after all, they were at least 8 years old.

I finally broke down and bought the real thing.. Yup, real Birkenstock. I love them. The arch support, the foot bed, are all perfect to me. I found my knee and hip pain was not as bad. So, I am hooked.

I bought a pair of low clogs and a pair of slippers. They best ever. The clogs are a bit big; but I can wear heavy socks with them. The slippers, are my favorite ones: warm, comfortable...

They are maddeningly expensive, but work so well.. so between these and New Balance sneakers, I know what to wear and what sizes, in the styles.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wore knockoff Birkenstocks this last summer and loved them. Normally I wear Merell sandals all summer because they are excellent also. I have a pair of NewBalance I save for trail walking. A New Balance store sold me them after trying on a bunch when I was having so much foot pain that id gone to a podiatrist. I kind of regret them but they were SO expensive.(DH wore NB for YEARS for work. And so did my nurse aunt who had been injured at work when I was a kid.) I think the issue is mostly that my foot shape does best in a running shoe with a moderate sole. Anything with stitching across the toes seems to fit wrong. The thick soles get heavy and bulky feeling on most surfaces.

I’ve also got a large foot for a woman, changed by my pregnancies. Fortunately stores are carrying size 11 and 12 more and more! It’s AMAZING going in to a store and finding things in my size again! With the foot pain I usually have to try things on; but that was hard if they didn’t have anything in an 11. I’ve even been finding good TRENDY things I can wear in my size. Priority 1 is not having foot pain; but it’s nice to look put together and match my age. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I finally broke down and bought the real thing.. Yup, real Birkenstock. I love them.
I was on my feet a lot when I was teaching and wore Birkenstocks at least 75% of the time. I had several pairs and still have them. I swear they never wear out. I also have their sandals. They're made to last but if they need to be resoled there are several shoemakers who specialize in it.

Normally I wear Merell sandals all summer because they are excellent also.
I have one pair of Merrell sandals that are so old I'm afraid to tell you how long I've had them but they're still in great shape. :thumbsup: I have two pairs of their shoes too since they're so comfortable and still in style.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a couple pairs of the merrels that if someone could redo the insole I’d be set! They are like a suede material and I’ve worn it off and it cracked at a seam. The sole and straps are perfect. Sometimes the expensive shoes are worth it. An investment I guess.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using a knock off version of Birkenstock sandals for years. This is during the summer. I love them. My feet/legs feel so comfortable in them. Last spring, The knock-offs were really in bad shape; after all, they were at least 8 years old.

I finally broke down and bought the real thing.. Yup, real Birkenstock. I love them. The arch support, the foot bed, are all perfect to me. I found my knee and hip pain was not as bad. So, I am hooked.

I bought a pair of low clogs and a pair of slippers. They best ever. The clogs are a bit big; but I can wear heavy socks with them. The slippers, are my favorite ones: warm, comfortable...

They are maddeningly expensive, but work so well.. so between these and New Balance sneakers, I know what to wear and what sizes, in the styles.
So do you see a significant difference between the real McCoy in comparison? From both being brand new that is

I know alot of people will say there's no difference but I've always bought good shoes and only in recent years started buying knock offs- I think you certainly get what you pay for with certain items..do you agree after having made this purchase?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So do you see a significant difference between the real McCoy in comparison? From both being brand new that is

I know alot of people will say there's no difference but I've always bought good shoes and only in recent years started buying knock offs- I think you certainly get what you pay for with certain items..do you agree after having made this purchase?
Yes, I do see a difference in the footbed. The originals are so much more comfortable. I really did not have a breaking in period. Just slipped them on and off I went. The knock offs are close; but do not compare to the real thing. Since my knock offs held up for so many years, I am hoping these will last forever. Now, when I wear shoes with a regular flat sole, I feel as if I am wearing high heels!!

The slippers are great.. you can wear them out and about, but I would not. I keep them just for indoor use. The footbed is a bit more flexible and softer.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do see a difference in the footbed. The originals are so much more comfortable. I really did not have a breaking in period. Just slipped them on and off I went. The knock offs are close; but do not compare to the real thing. Since my knock offs held up for so many years, I am hoping these will last forever. Now, when I wear shoes with a regular flat sole, I feel as if I am wearing high heels!!

The slippers are great.. you can wear them out and about, but I would not. I keep them just for indoor use. The footbed is a bit more flexible and softer.
Wow,thats great--- slip them on and go,worth every penny👍❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met friends from college this afternoon. We go way back and I feel fortunate to share memories with them. Although our lives have changed since then our friendship has remained the same. 🤗

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD and I had a little girls time today. We went to Hobby Lobby and HomeGoods before getting lunch. Her girls group is doing a little Secret Valentine exchange so we put together a cute basket gift.

The boys were off early to an event for DS’s boys group. DH came home with a 3rd place medal for the adult event. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DD and I had a little girls time today. We went to Hobby Lobby and HomeGoods before getting lunch. Her girls group is doing a little Secret Valentine exchange so we put together a cute basket gift.
I remember when my daughters were young and they would ponder over which Valentine's cards to buy for their classmates. 💝 Then they'd come home and decorate a Valentine's box to pass them out at school. Please let us know what DD gets in her gift basket exchange.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember when my daughters were young and they would ponder over which Valentine's cards to buy for their classmates. 💝 Then they'd come home and decorate a Valentine's box to pass them out at school. Please let us know what DD gets in her gift basket exchange.
To prove I am a crazy cat lady who started early....
2nd grade. I helped my Mom pick out a box of cards to address to each of my class mates. I went to a small school, so there were quite a few extra cards left over.
I went through those cards. There were a few different cards, and you got so many of each. One of those patterns had a picture of a kitten on it. I squirreled the kitten cards away and kept the majority of them, and only gave those kitten cards to my close girlfriends. Why? I didn't want to take the chance of those kittens going to a "bad home" and being throw in the trash can. The thought of it upset me so badly I made absolutely sure those kitten cards all had "good homes." :lol:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
To prove I am a crazy cat lady who started early....
2nd grade. I helped my Mom pick out a box of cards to address to each of my class mates. I went to a small school, so there were quite a few extra cards left over.
I went through those cards. There were a few different cards, and you got so many of each. One of those patterns had a picture of a kitten on it. I squirreled the kitten cards away and kept the majority of them, and only gave those kitten cards to my close girlfriends. Why? I didn't want to take the chance of those kittens going to a "bad home" and being throw in the trash can. The thought of it upset me so badly I made absolutely sure those kitten cards all had "good homes." :lol:
That's the cutest little story and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree-did you tell your Mom,surely she would've loved that she taught you so well right from the start❤

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Caught a nice glimpse of a young bobcat tiptoeing through the mud, so lithe & alive, in his element & utterly curious about everything. If he’d been a kid I’d say he was 12 years old. The tail a dead giveaway: wiggling all over the place! For one second I thought it was Zorro! Then, gone.