The Positive Thread - 2024

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finally got my fillings done! I don't know if any of you remember but 2 years ago (or more now), I was supposed to have them done and my previous dentist receptionist kept messing up the appointment scheduling. So I finally found one in the new town I moved to and had the chipped molars taken care of. So happy to not have to worry about them anymore. I also got my permanent retainer taken out. :hyper:
Dental work being out of the way is such a great, refreshing feeling!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Saved a tiny yorkie from being run over. Its owner let it loose in the clothing store I was in and it promptly disappeared (after following me all over the store for a long time). On my way out, I saw it in the middle of the street and got down on my knees and whistled. Fortunately it came running into my arms whilst traffic screeched. The owner was shaken & grateful but I couldn’t help wondering why it wasn’t leashed. Anyway alls well that end’s well.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Saved a tiny yorkie from being run over. Its owner let it loose in the clothing store I was in and it promptly disappeared (after following me all over the store for a long time). On my way out, I saw it in the middle of the street and got down on my knees and whistled. Fortunately it came running into my arms whilst traffic screeched. The owner was shaken & grateful but I couldn’t help wondering why it wasn’t leashed. Anyway alls well that end’s well.
What a scary situation. Hopefully that owner will keep their dog leashed. That owner was very lucky you were there to get him out of traffic, the outcome could have been horrible. I can't imagine leaving my 5 pound dog off leash in a strange area, it just seems like it's asking for trouble.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got my fillings done! I don't know if any of you remember but 2 years ago (or more now), I was supposed to have them done and my previous dentist receptionist kept messing up the appointment scheduling. So I finally found one in the new town I moved to and had the chipped molars taken care of. So happy to not have to worry about them anymore. I also got my permanent retainer taken out. :hyper:
What a relief this must be for you- happy to hear your teeth are taken care of- we only get one set of adult teeth for the rest of our lives- do all you can do to KEEP THEM❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Negligent,sheer negligence-thsnk God you were there- I hope this had an impact on this owner

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had a difficult family funeral yesterday, but it meant that everyone was together, except for one cousin and his girlfriend who'd sadly come down with a bug and couldn't make it. So today we all went out for a big meal at a traditional Scottish fish bar and then a walk on the nearby beach. Because one of my favourite cousins lives with his wife and son in Tokyo, and another of them lives in London, it was lovely for those of us who've stayed local to get to hang out with both of them at the same time.

Naturally my parents and I came home to the cats pretty much going "And what sort of time do you call this?" but otherwise being happy to see us, and Cleo proceeded to go bonkers tearing about the house, so I gave her a very energetic and entertaining game with her favourite wand toy. Life is good.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met a friend for brunch who I immediately bonded with when we both volunteered for the same non-profit organization. She is an animal lover as well, both cats and dogs. She had three cats until the last one recently passed away. And she showed me a pic of a dog she plans to meet this week and hopefully adopt. She's one of those people who you feel like you've known all your life, i.e. a very warm and caring human being. 🤗

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ate a little bit of peach milkshake. I say "ate" because it is too thick to drink. How could you get those huge peach slices through a straw? I will eat a little at a time and keep it in the freezer. I can make one last a few days and they are great. :biggrin:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I was all excited to get this enclosure down and get my living space back but my Cousin can't come until don't know when but today my new couch is coming( no place to put it yet,lol) Still,I'm happy to know I will not be uncomfortable for much longer now and can't wait for the delivery-then whenever Cuz can get here- it's here already

I think thats a positive- better than being couchless after he throws this old one out,right? Gotta see the glass half full👍

Plus ,I've closed access to the enclosure so Timmy cannot get in it and gets used to that hidey cubby not there- and I'm not sure he's even noticed- moved the litter box to outside the enclosure and nobody seems to care about that as well- good stuff,all positive

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think thats a positive- better than being couchless after he throws this old one out,right? Gotta see the glass half full👍
We ended up sitting in camping chairs between giving our old could away and getting our new ones. It was amusing! :lol: Fortunately I really like my camping chair. Its comfortable and the back is tall enough to rest my head backwards if I want. It was good back when the kids needed an adult outside while they played. I'd set up my chair, put a drink in the cup holder in the arm rest and open my kindle in the shade.:cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This weekend I realized the pain in my feet might be partly because my sneakers were going on 2 years old. I didn’t have time to shop and it looked like Kohls didn’t have any Asics in the store in my size. So I found the newer version of what I was wearing (knowing Asics fit me well in a running shoe style) and ordered from Amazon.

It’s amazing how quickly I could feel the difference in how my whole leg feels aligned again. I didn’t realize I was over pronating even with arch supports. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me sooner that I might need new shoes.

The next best part: they are light purple (kind of a pinkish purple). And the next: they were on sale for a really good price! :thumbsup: