The Positive Thread - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is St. Patrick's Day!!! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ I'm still searching for the perfect Irish soda bread.:wink:
If there is a Trader Joes near you, run to it, and get their Irish Soda Bread. The best I have found!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If there is a Trader Joes near you, run to it, and get their Irish Soda Bread. The best I have found!!
Thanks! In the past I've always gone to a bakery because I've found there's to be made the way it should taste. But the Irish bakery I went to is gone, it closed during the pandemic.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't have even known had you not said it๐Ÿ‘
It's a big deal in our city, they even dye the river green. Yesterday was the official parade but I'm sure everyone will be out celebrating all weekend long.

I looked up recipes for Irish Soda Bread and decided to just make my own. I'll have to go out and buy a few of the ingredients though since I don't stock them in the house.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our corned beef and cabbage will be late this year. I forgot to send DH to get me a can of beer for it. I ended up sautรฉing the cabbage as a side dish. I could have eaten the entire pan but I didnโ€™t want to suffer the consequences. ๐Ÿ˜…

Everyone but DS remembered to wear green this year. DH has his built in.

I finally got to meet my SILโ€™s foster failure blind cat. Someone found her as a small kitten either tossed from or possibly just hit by a car. She ended up at a good rescue and lost one eye a few weeks later. Eventually the vet said the other needed to come out too. But she seems very happy in her family here. :hearthrob: She is almost completely black and her coat is incredibly silky! ๐Ÿ–ค Its interesting watching her walk around and check everyone out by scent.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE! ๐Ÿ˜ Those look outstanding!!
Oh I'm glad- was wondering how they look to others ..... But then again " we" cat lovers have a different perspective than normal people- haha

I'm so happy with them,been waiting a long time for my cousin but he's got a very bad ankle ,someone really nice and very skilled did it for me

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh I'm glad- was wondering how they look to others ..... But then again " we" cat lovers have a different perspective than normal people- haha

I'm so happy with them,been waiting a long time for my cousin but he's got a very bad ankle ,someone really nice and very skilled did it for me
I've been wanting to do this in the cattery for years, but have yet to find someone who is willing to hang the shelves properly so they don't collapse when the cats get up there. :(

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ordered 2 of the large boxes of frozen cat food from Hare Today a few days ago. It was about 100 pounds of food.
In the past, most delivery drivers leave the food at Mom's (one property, 3 houses, a business, a barn, etc., so I understand how it's confusing). I get a notification, drive up there, load the heavy boxes, drive them back, and then un-box them in the parking lot and haul as much of the 5 pound chubs as I can per trip back to the freezer. It's fine, but kind of a pain.
Today, I was at work and the manager told me that the UPS guy had brought the two big boxes here! He ALSO carried them all the way back to the big freezer and set them there so I didn't have to haul them around. I got on UPS and left the driver a compliment. I hope he knows how much I appreciated this.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my first fertility appointment in April and I'm excited and nervous about it. I don't plan on starting the actual IVF process until January or February, but I want to know about things I can change now that will make it easier for me when I do start. Plus, I need to lose more weight. I've lost 55lbs since September, but I want to get my weight in the overweight range of the BMI before I get pregnant (so another 60lbs).

I'm trying to not overthink about possible baby names because the girl name (at least the nickname Evie) is pretty much set and I don't want to change my mind. Boys names are so much harder for me because I don't love any like I do the girl names.