The Positive Thread - 2024

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sighted tornado one county west of us today. There were no watches, no warnings, or anything like it. They are so unpredictable. I don't think it was a bad one, and it did some damage to a house but AFAIK no one was injured. It hit 2:30-3:00PM, and the schools delayed dismissal until the all clear. One school had buses on the road and they came back, just to play it safe. Thank God it was short lived, and no one was hurt!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Sighted tornado one county west of us today. There were no watches, no warnings, or anything like it. They are so unpredictable. I don't think it was a bad one, and it did some damage to a house but AFAIK no one was injured. It hit 2:30-3:00PM, and the schools delayed dismissal until the all clear. One school had buses on the road and they came back, just to play it safe. Thank God it was short lived, and no one was hurt!
Scarey- no warning? They develop that quickly? WOW!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tornados are something that scares me. My city, because it on the coast, had only One in it's entire history. That happened 10 years ago. I remember it well. I live on the shore, but as soon as I heard about it, I took a long walk down to the center of the city. It was amazing.. so many trees down, roofs, small businesses were really hit hard. And it was only a Cat 1 or 2...

Blizzards, floods, hurricanes are problematic, but at least you yve some warning beforehand. Tornados, there are no warning whatsoever.. and so devastating.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tornados are something that scares me. My city, because it on the coast, had only One in it's entire history. That happened 10 years ago. I remember it well. I live on the shore, but as soon as I heard about it, I took a long walk down to the center of the city. It was amazing.. so many trees down, roofs, small businesses were really hit hard. And it was only a Cat 1 or 2...

Blizzards, floods, hurricanes are problematic, but at least you yve some warning beforehand. Tornados, there are no warning whatsoever.. and so devastating.
Minnesota is at the edge of the tornado zone but most of the time we get plenty of warning of potential tornados. Usually a few hours in advance of weather that can create them, programming interrupted when they are nearing and sirens when they are in our area. Whether an actual tornado occurs and moves through your area is unknown until it forms but usually some warning before it touches down anywhere. Most homes have basements as well which gives some protection.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We went to get Carleton's food at the pet store today and were greeted by a lovely female Macaw. (They can live up to 50 years)

View attachment 471933View attachment 471934.
Wow, he's gorgeous!!!
I just now realized I posted about the tornado in this thread, I thought it was the what's on your mind thread. That's what I get for attempting to multi-task. :doh:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby cousin is taking ballet now 😄 So cool!
[/QUgold!

Nice!Does she live near you? Can she attend any of your classes? I studied dance for years in my younger days,such a beautiful art.....Ballet is finest,magnificent

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice!Does she live near you? Can she attend any of your classes? I studied dance for years in my younger days,such a beautiful art.....Ballet is finest,magnificent

That is wonderful that you studied dance as well! She doesn't live close unfortunately, otherwise she totally would be placed in my classes. She lives in Dubai where her father works as an architect, so she is taking ballet there 💕

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was windy but sunny and warmer than usual so after doing errands we stopped at a coffee shop and had our drinks outside.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will turning 38 in June and since there are no spousal prospects, I've had to really start thinking about my fertility. I originally said that if I were still single when I turned 40, I'd just have a kid on my own, but I started having dreams about babies last year (I swear every big decision in my life has started because of a dream, it's why I have 5 animals 😆) and it really had me wanting a baby sooner.

In July, I started really focusing on dealing with my poor financial skills. I closed my credit card that was putting me further and further behind because I kept acting like I had that money, I started throwing money into a high interest savings account for an emergency fund, and I've even started paying more toward one of my student loans.

This all leads me to a couple of days ago, when I put together the budget I would need if I had a baby in two years and I realized I could actually afford to start IVF next February or March. It's made me so freaking excited because it's so close but also not close enough. I belong to a Facebook group for single moms by choice and so many of the moms were saying I should do it sooner, but I need to feel more financially secure before I bring a kid into the world. I want to give them a good life and if I'm struggling with money, I'm failing that.

I'm so, so, so grateful that my insurance covers 80% of fertility treatments, I get 3 months of paid maternity leave and also 28 days of PTO a year. Since daycare is insanely expensive and I work from home, my ultimate goal is to not have to put my kid into daycare, but I know realistically I need to plan for having a difficult baby that I would need to send to daycare. In two years when I would hopefully have a baby, I can have enough PTO saved up where I would only work 3 days a week until the kid is almost 2, thus only putting my kid in daycare part time.

Anyway, the TL:DR is that I will hopefully be having a baby in the next two years.