The Positive Thread - 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We enjoyed a nice Easter dinner at Bob Evans after church today. One of my favorite local places puts on a beautiful buffet; but I didn’t want to spend that much. I also didn’t want to do a bunch of cooking. I figured by the time you calculate all I would spend on a typical holiday meal; eating out is probably about the same! And we still had leftovers. It was kind of weird feeling to do that on a major holiday; but I’m glad we did this year.

Plus there was a super cute little girl of probably 5 years old; decked out in spring colors and dancing her little heart out. She wasn’t in anyones way; kind of in a corner by her family. She just looked so happy it made me smile. :hearthrob:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We enjoyed a nice Easter dinner at Bob Evans after church today. One of my favorite local places puts on a beautiful buffet; but I didn’t want to spend that much. I also didn’t want to do a bunch of cooking. I figured by the time you calculate all I would spend on a typical holiday meal; eating out is probably about the same! And we still had leftovers. It was kind of weird feeling to do that on a major holiday; but I’m glad we did this year.

Plus there was a super cute little girl of probably 5 years old; decked out in spring colors and dancing her little heart out. She wasn’t in anyones way; kind of in a corner by her family. She just looked so happy it made me smile. :hearthrob:
We get the Bob Evans Farmhouse Feasts every year for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Takes about an hour to reheat everything and it's so delicious.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone let Gracie sleep with us last night. :cheerleader: That hasn't happened for over a month. I was still awake when she came in so it was soon after we went to bed. She slept with us until a big thunderstorm rolled through about five hours later. I had to get up about an hour later so I considered it her sleeping with us all night.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy I found my Vet and took Graycie over to him to get her Dep shot..... she had an imjection back on Dec29th and just started coughing about a week and a half ago

I'm very relieved because I want her to be okay while I'm out of commission after knee replacement..... I'd be a wreck if she was unwell and I couldn't help her out ,I'm a happy camper now!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I'm leaving the hospital after my Doc appt and a little black kitten( maybe 3 months) sitting by my car----- my Lord I'll tell ya they know where to go-lol

Picked the kitty up,very skinny but just a darling ,started purring up a storm ..... Oh well,I have Sami's car seat up front so I put my sweater in it,kitty ontop and off to my friends shelter.....she was a little upset I didn't call because she has no room- I said" make room " and left for the yarn store

3 hrs later my friend called me- little one was seen by the Vet,a little female-a little underweight so she'll be spayed next month..... it so happens the Vet tech fell madly in love with the baby and took her home with her after work!She's already in her forever home

Turns out only a week ago the Vet tech lost her beloved female BLACK cat of many years and has only the surviving sister who immediately started grooming the baby!!!

Sometimes it's so easy- not often but sometimes,,thank God for small favors

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time this week, I don't have anywhere to go after work. I can just go home and relax. Short lived though as I have to go get an oil change and other minor stuff done on my car tomorrow after work but at least it will be FRIDAY!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazon notified me this morning that they couldn’t fill my auto ship of the eye vitamins I take to stave off macular degeneration because it was out of stock. I thought I only had a week‘s supply left, but when I checked my medication storage, I actually had an unopened box, a 90 day supply remaining.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaned out the bird/creature water bowl. Early winter I picked up a brush attachment for a drill and used it this morning for the first time. Did a great job of cleaning the bowl with next to no effort on my part - a big thumbs up for it. I have indoor cat dishes and feeders to wash this morning. My sister will stop in once while I am gone to check on them but other than that the girls will be on their own til I am back.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaned out the bird/creature water bowl. Early winter I picked up a brush attachment for a drill and used it this morning for the first time. Did a great job of cleaning the bowl with next to no effort on my part - a big thumbs up for it. I have indoor cat dishes and feeders to wash this morning. My sister will stop in once while I am gone to check on them but other than that the girls will be on their own til I am back.
How long will you be gone? What about their litter boxes?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Just four days. Two boxes for Lola because she is a big pee er. Willow will use just one because she only goes once a day. They will be fine
I was just curious because I'll be leaving mine too when I go in for surgery .... About the same time I suppose

Even though there are 6 boxes they (5 kitties) mostly use 2 boxes