The Positive Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there someone who will be helping you afterwards? You mentioned a knee replacement?
Not really,I'm pretty much on my own- 2 very flaky friends say they'll help but still haven't even come by to learn where the cats stuff is etc(& I've asked and asked )

My surgeon says he's sure I'll manage except for the cats,no bending the first 2 weeks..... We'll see,I'll have to figure out a way

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a little day trip to New York state today with the BF. Was a really nice time!
Upstate NY? Were you cold? It's snowing here! My positive is Maggie was really sick, thought we were gonna lose her for sure. But she recovered.

klunick klunick --What is a slurpee? One of those cold drinks? I only like hot drinks.

susanm9006 susanm9006 ---I only wear Adidas water slides. But my feet get so dirty, might switch to Crocs without the holes. I saw a pair.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really,I'm pretty much on my own- 2 very flaky friends say they'll help but still haven't even come by to learn where the cats stuff is etc(& I've asked and asked )

My surgeon says he's sure I'll manage except for the cats,no bending the first 2 weeks..... We'll see,I'll have to figure out a way
I am more worried about you than the cats. You just won’t be very mobile for a couple weeks. I really hope your friends come thru.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today, my mother had a fall in the house. She cut her lip and jarred her knee. When she got home from being checked out in hospital (nothing broken as far as they could see), Cleo got on her knee and purred. She said it was the most comforting thing she could have had. It relaxed her and kept her warm.

Kwik Kwik Are the cats eating on worktop-height surfaces something you're okay with/the cats are used to? If so, you could at least feed them without bending over.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am more worried about you than the cats. You just won’t be very mobile for a couple weeks. I really hope your friends come thru.
Speaking of one of them- she just texted ,she sends 19 texts then you reply and she doesn't answer,saying much later or next day" I was at work,can't use the phone at work"

Am I nuts,is it me? Why would you contact someone and reply 2 days later---- then don't text me until you can have a conversation ,right?

Thank you for caring- we shall see who cares once it's done,whether they come through or not- I won't count on it because I know how they are .... I'll not be disappointed but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised,lol

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, my mother had a fall in the house. She cut her lip and jarred her knee. When she got home from being checked out in hospital (nothing broken as far as they could see), Cleo got on her knee and purred. She said it was the most comforting thing she could have had. It relaxed her and kept her warm.

Kwik Kwik Are the cats eating on worktop-height surfaces something you're okay with/the cats are used to? If so, you could at least feed them without bending over.
I'm glad your Mom is okay- thank God

I'm okay with my babies jumping up to eat - Graycie and Sami do but Max and Timmy do not( Bella hardly eats wet food and she's not food motivated).....Max isn't used to it though he can learn but Timmy only recently graduated to the kitchen

They have their dry food out all the time and I have to fill those dishes but surely one of these nuts around here can fill dishes - the litter boxes trouble me,I clean them several times a day- they are not going to like dirty boxes.....

Uh,this too will pass -as my Mom used to say ❤

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your Mom is okay- thank God

I'm okay with my babies jumping up to eat - Graycie and Sami do but Max and Timmy do not( Bella hardly eats wet food and she's not food motivated).....Max isn't used to it though he can learn but Timmy only recently graduated to the kitchen

They have their dry food out all the time and I have to fill those dishes but surely one of these nuts around here can fill dishes - the litter boxes trouble me,I clean them several times a day- they are not going to like dirty boxes.....

Uh,this too will pass -as my Mom used to say ❤
I wonder how well a long handled dog poop scooper would work. It at least would require you to bend and you could get some of the clumps out.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Upstate NY? Were you cold? It's snowing here! My positive is Maggie was really sick, thought we were gonna lose her for sure. But she recovered.

klunick klunick --What is a slurpee? One of those cold drinks? I only like hot drinks.

susanm9006 susanm9006 ---I only wear Adidas water slides. But my feet get so dirty, might switch to Crocs without the holes. I saw a pair.
Crocs get really hot on your feet.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

[/QUOTE
7-11's version of an Icee. We get one every Friday and Saturday.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
That's an idea- it would work better than nothing I imagine!!👍
susanm9006 susanm9006 - your idea got me looking on Walmart .com and I found telescopic cat litter scoopers( aluminum handle with metal scoops)-the photos showed someone sitting in a chair scooping- I ordered it

Worth a try,at least I don't have to attempt to be a contortionist !!! I'll set up a chair near the one they frequent most

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve been craving good pancakes and I read a little local cafe has the best in the area; so DH and I had a little breakfast date today. The place was busy the entire time we were there! The food was good and the prices were affordable! It seemed like all fresh home cooking too.

We stopped at the grocery store afterwards and I got a text from a friend’s wife asking if our kids wanted to come hang out since theirs hadn’t seen friends over spring break and were antsy. DH had been over recently but their son wasn’t home so DS had stayed home. DD is friends with their daughter. They have 4 kids of their own but love a houseful. Both mine wanted to go so we dropped them off and had most of the day to ourselves. DD came home with a plate of homemade whoopie pies and they even made meatball subs for dinner.

It ended up being a very relaxing day and I think I needed it more than I realized!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just returned from a fun trip to New Orleans and while there I picked up a package of totally delicious sea salt chocolate caramels from a gift shop. I shared them with my son and his Gf so I only brought a few back with me. They were so good, I thought I would find out if anyone near me carried them. Looked the company up and it turns out the maker (Annie B’s), is not only in Minnesota but only two miles from my house.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
DH thought his cell phone was broke so we went to the Apple store. Turns out all he needed was a software repair that they were able to do while we waited. :thumbsup: We've always had great service there too.
I have always had good service, with good results, at the Apple Store.