The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day yesterday! Cal stayed in and slept, while I did some reading. Her hair is growing so fast
so I'll have to do another trim today. My tomatoes are growing quickly so they'll need to be put in ground
soon. I hope they turn out.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is one of my guy in his favorite position.
Perfect angel. 😍

Your dad too? Bravo!!! And I keep frozen and canned on hand, so I never run out; but I always opt for fresh whenever I can get it.
The garden is Dad's! So all these fresh veggies are thanks to him. :thumbsup:

Is doggy kept in a fence or just outside?
He is indoors a lot, but then they put him on a long leash outside, and sometimes he is loose. I never know if he is chained up or not, so I was terrified of him. But now that we are friends, I'm not afraid anymore. :)

Today is Tango's "estimated" fourth birthday!
Happy Bday! I can't believe that I missed Demi & Maggie's Bday on June 1st. I completely forgot! They are 6 years old.

I met an old college friend for iced coffee at a quaint coffee shop that is very eclectic.
You have the best coffee dates. ☕

My positive is, I ordered 14 outfits with my stimulus check. 😲 I think I went a bit overboard. Of course, I don't know if everything will fit. They are really slow in shipping everything.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day yesterday! Cal stayed in and slept, while I did some reading. Her hair is growing so fast
so I'll have to do another trim today. My tomatoes are growing quickly so they'll need to be put in ground
soon. I hope they turn out.
My single tomato plant is growing like a weed too! I wish my pepper plants got the same memo.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is, I ordered 14 outfits with my stimulus check. 😲 I think I went a bit overboard. Of course, I don't know if everything will fit.
I hope they all fit and you have a new summer wardrobe. :thumbsup:

Heating up outside so took our walk early this morning. We saw all shapes and sizes of dogs but were hesitant to pet them because of what we heard on the news and whether it would offend the human so we just talked to them instead. 🐶

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My single tomato plant is growing like a weed too! I wish my pepper plants got the same memo.
My peppers are always slower to grow. I have tomatoes that are almost as tall as me (in pots) but my peppers are half that height. I get more peppers toward the end of the summer too.

My love seat came! Mooch approves too. She got right up via the ottoman and stepstool and sat down. The power functions don’t seem to bother her with the noise. Now if we have company everyone can sit comfortably. I’m a little farther back from the end table than I hoped; but the footrests would hit if they were closer. The window behind me is making for good reading light too.
C86CCE05-9878-4A2F-82FE-986DF68A366A.jpeg

Now I just need to decide on steps for Mooch!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My peppers are always slower to grow. I have tomatoes that are almost as tall as me (in pots) but my peppers are half that height. I get more peppers toward the end of the summer too.

My love seat came! Mooch approves too. She got right up via the ottoman and stepstool and sat down. The power functions don’t seem to bother her with the noise. Now if we have company everyone can sit comfortably. I’m a little farther back from the end table than I hoped; but the footrests would hit if they were closer. The window behind me is making for good reading light too.
View attachment 339325
They look so comfy, and power foot rests are the best!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They look so comfy, and power foot rests are the best!
It was all my husbands idea. He insisted we needed something better and more comfortable. We just went back and forth a lot on which set. He wanted one with longer footrests because he’s so tall; but the longer one felt awful on my back. I fell right to sleep on this one. :lol: I do that on my SIL’s couch too. Every time!:paperbag:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exciting! Both my large tomato and cherry tomato plants are about 3-5 inches high. Another week or two before those are scheduled to be fertilized, but my lettuce, swiss chard and carrots were fertilized today! Hope this boosts their growth. The kind I bought says to apply 1-2x per week, and I think I'll start once a week because I've read too much fertilizer can burn plants.

How big is yours now??

View attachment 339325
Wow! When did you tomato plant start to grow?

Couch looks comfy! It is so much fun seeing how the kitties react to new furniture and items <3

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always buy them potted from a nursery. They take too long for me otherwise. They were about 6-8” tall when I got them in May. I have a number of volunteer tomatoes coming up in with my limas and peas from last year. I won’t let those stay though. I tried that once. They need a long enough warm period so they were late compared to everything else and in an awkward spot.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 339325
Nice loveseat! Where did you buy it from?

I bought freeze pops at Jewel yesterday because they were on sale.. I'm so excited about them because I'm apparently a big kid at heart.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought freeze pops at Jewel yesterday because they were on sale.. I'm so excited about them because I'm apparently a big kid at heart.
I'm with you, many years later I still feel like a big kid at heart. Just one reason why I liked being a teacher and I'm sure you feel the same way. 😉

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For nine years I have looked at Willow’s back or butt since she always needed to be able to run off when she was near me. This has just started in the last couple weeks. Facing me and looking confident. And a facing me snuggle snooze. It’s a really big step.
5D3A4424-E7A2-4D2A-A0B1-A852A686DCE6.jpeg

E34C6FED-B87F-4B7D-B9D2-F89ADA38EDD6.jpeg

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good quality too. They will probably last forever.
That’s what I hope. Our last couch wasn’t super cheap but not expensive either. It still had life in it; it wasn’t meeting our needs anymore. I gave it to a lady from my church who needed something newer but didn’t want to buy when she may be moving in the next couple of years. My SIL has had her couches for at least 18 years and I still fall asleep on them every time I visit. :lol: She’s ready to replace them but my nieces dog is a bit crazy. He came out of a bad situation so his training is a work in progress. When he gets gentler they will get something she said.
This is tonight. Every plant has tomatoes but nothing ready to pick yet.
CF3CA7E1-5C4A-4FFF-8B38-95C33C7A8623.jpeg

We picked these tonight and had most for dinner. They are so good and sweet!!
5E2C6E0D-48AB-4F42-9932-B0046191BD27.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Facing me and looking confident. And a facing me snuggle snooze.
What a sweet baby. 😍

My positive is that I think I figured out what is making my face break out, my beloved Aloe Gel. This is a good thing, because at least I can fix the problem. And it will save me a lot of money to not have to buy it anymore. This was one of the reasons that I didn't move to Australia, because they don't sell it there and I didn't think I could live without it. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is tonight. Every plant has tomatoes but nothing ready to pick yet.
View attachment 339377

We picked these tonight and had most for dinner. They are so good and sweet!!
View attachment 339379
Those tomato plants and pea pods look beautiful!

What a sweet baby. 😍

My positive is that I think I figured out what is making my face break out, my beloved Aloe Gel. This is a good thing, because at least I can fix the problem. And it will save me a lot of money to not have to buy it anymore. This was one of the reasons that I didn't move to Australia, because they don't sell it there and I didn't think I could live without it. :lol:
Glad you figured it out and sounds like an easy fix. :)

With my extra energy today, I cleaned the kitchen floor. Vacuumed, hand cleaned the floor with a rag, and swept one more time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today has been a quieter day and that is very positive. I finally soaked my feet and they feel much better. I got all the fathers day cards together to mail. That always gets confusing. DH and I both have stepdads besides our dads and my grandpa. We send cards from us and cards from our kids. I bought them all several weeks ago so it took me a while to remember whose was whose. There were also a few birthday and graduation cards. I should have bought more stamps! 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.