The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got two yuck jobs out of the way - digging out an old bush and planting a new one. Hard and hot work on a 90 degree day, but I did the tear out before 9:00 am and planted the new bush in late afternoon. And I scraped off and replaced the window film on my bathroom window. The window project wasn’t that hard but required the use of razor blades to scrape off the plastic. But I didn’t cut myself and the replacement film went up pretty easy.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely day yesterday. All was quiet in the neighborhood so I was able to get caught up
on sleep and eat w/o my stomach being upset from the stress of my neighbor. My succulents
are growing nicely although I need to add potting soil to one I dropped when a racoon and
skunk were fighting. The skunk squirted and my house reeked of it. I asked my neighbor
to please (3rd time) to feed birds their bread way in the backyard so there won't be fighting,
not fling the food while standing on her deck. A mama cat who just had kittens, brings them
underneath our decks at night, then moves them at daylight. I haven't seen any of them
yet. Small Cal knows they are there and likes to sleep on the umbrella base in the early
morning. so cute

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful!! Was she a rescue?
I adopted her at a year old from a county high kill shelter. I suspect she was either a feral or was raised in a situation where there was little to no socialization. But I don’t know how she arrived at the shelter originally because after she was surrendered she was adopted into a home with kids, cats and dogs and returned two weeks later for being too timid. She was back at the shelter for another month before I found her. Because she was terrified of people or being picked up she wasn’t a cat easily adopted. But I thought her fear was just temporary (it wasn’t) and could give her the kind of home she needed (it was).

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted her at a year old from a county high kill shelter. I suspect she was either a feral or was raised in a situation where there was little to no socialization. But I don’t know how she arrived at the shelter originally because after she was surrendered she was adopted into a home with kids, cats and dogs and returned two weeks later for being too timid. She was back at the shelter for another month before I found her. Because she was terrified of people or being picked up she wasn’t a cat easily adopted. But I thought her fear was just temporary (it wasn’t) and could give her the kind of home she needed (it was).
Awwwww.......precious girl is where she needs to be with you as her Mama💖

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting my hair cut today! :yess: I can hardly wait and although things have changed since the pandemic I don't mind wearing a mask or taking safety precautions.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exciting! Both my large tomato and cherry tomato plants are about 3-5 inches high. Another week or two before those are scheduled to be fertilized, but my lettuce, swiss chard and carrots were fertilized today! Hope this boosts their growth. The kind I bought says to apply 1-2x per week, and I think I'll start once a week because I've read too much fertilizer can burn plants.

How big is yours now??
I haven't measured it yet, but I think it's about 14" tall!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely How is your haircut?

I think my tomato seedlings are ready to be planted. I'll have about 15 tomatoes total, not plants.
Will probably use Miracle Gro soil and put 2 in each container.Maybe I can still buy actual plants,
not sure.

We may have storms today but no worries, I have one of my fave horror flicks to watch, The Grudge.
the American version, which I think is scarier than the Japanese version. Me and Small Cal will be
inside from the sweltering humidity and dew points, ahh..love ac.

Still haven't seen new mama and babies but SMall Cal knows they are there.💖

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely How is your haircut?
It's wonderful, the salon took the restrictions seriously and I felt completely safe. I was long overdue and it felt great to go somewhere besides the grocery store, gas station or pharmacy. 😉

I don't know what's gotten into Carleton but he's become more playful and yowls to get my attention. I'm more than glad to comply especially since he plays like a kitten. :runningcat:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It's wonderful, the salon took the restrictions seriously and I felt completely safe. I was long overdue and it felt great to go somewhere besides the grocery store, gas station or pharmacy. 😉

I don't know what's gotten into Carleton but he's become more playful and yowls to get my attention. I'm more than glad to comply especially since he plays like a kitten. :runningcat:
My salon did a very good job, also. I did feel safe.

I noticed, that since I have been leaving the apartment more, for walks, quick trips to stores: Geoffrey has become 'clingier'. and more vocal. I think he is missing all the affection/time I had devoted to him... while in quarantine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I gave my neighbor and myself a good laugh this morning. :paperbag:

I ran out to give my tomatoes a quick watering. I just grabbed the hose without a nozzle because I was in a hurry. My tomatoes are in tall pots so normally when I do that I just aim the water at the inside rim of the pot so it doesn't disturb the soil. I had bent over to watch where the water hit and I noticed a little toad in the 2nd pot right away. So when I got to that pot I stayed bent over; careful not to aim near him. He jumped out right at me!! I screamed! The neighbor's dogs barked. Toad sat on the ground looking put out. It was a good time. Well; for everyone but Toad. :lol:

I did get his picture before I watered his pot.
2DD73C8F-4487-49E3-9AE4-C92772E03FD0.jpeg

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple positives:
1. Reading all of the good things happening in your lives. It makes me feel very happy
2.Lola just jumped up on my bed and demanded snuggles, which I am happy to provide.
3. Lola has been extra loving for the past week. I'd been stressed that week and I think she could sense it.
4. I'm almost done with the book I'm reading.
5. The weather is sunny today (has been for the past few days), so I think I'll to do some reading outside.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I feel that way when it rains, too! And I love the rain.
Yeah, that's quite a catio, isn't it? It'd be perfect for certain, uh, sizeable cats :insertevillaugh:who need a lot of room to run and who are very ACTIVE.
Lola3791 Lola3791 Don't our beloved cats make us feel like that? I know! My Tarifa is croissanting beside me. It's lunchtime for Three. So I'd better get with the program!:angrycat::kneading::cutecat:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I gave my neighbor and myself a good laugh this morning. :paperbag:

I ran out to give my tomatoes a quick watering. I just grabbed the hose without a nozzle because I was in a hurry. My tomatoes are in tall pots so normally when I do that I just aim the water at the inside rim of the pot so it doesn't disturb the soil. I had bent over to watch where the water hit and I noticed a little toad in the 2nd pot right away. So when I got to that pot I stayed bent over; careful not to aim near him. He jumped out right at me!! I screamed! The neighbor's dogs barked. Toad sat on the ground looking put out. It was a good time. Well; for everyone but Toad. :lol:

I did get his picture before I watered his pot.
View attachment 339649
Awwwww.....I love toads...had one in my front garden for 2 years and named him Sean. I gave him
water and when I would come out front to water, he would come out of garden to say high. He let me
pick him up and pet him. Now I know I should've washed my hands after holding him. They sell toad
houses that are so very sweet.

Love the catio built by Derek!! or should I say Catshion!! Is there a pic of Derek? I couldn't view one.

neely neely I bet it was nice being in salon
Silver Crazy Silver Crazy So what is your name, when you're a Bengal? hee, hee

Status
Not open for further replies.