The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We built a really nice catio in the Mojave with a cat screen and a cat door, so we could close it off from insects or close it completely when it snowed or when we had a sandstorm coming through. They'd spend almost all the time out there sometimes, even all night. View attachment 338802View attachment 338805
Absolutely love that! Especially the outdoor cat furniture! Did you make them? You're kitties love so happy <3

I wish I could give Demi & Maggie an enclosed deck like that! Are the walls screens or windows?

My positive is that I made friends with my neighbors' dog! Not the Pomeranian, this is a different neighbor to the right. They have a huge black dog that has been terrifying me on my walks since September. I usually turn around before I get to their house because he barks his head off at me. Well yesterday I don't know what came over me. I decided to talk sweetly to him and tell him what a good boy he is. He froze and looked shocked. Then he laid down and wagged his tail! Now I can take my walk down that entire road. :thumbsup:
The walls are screens. The door into the house and the door leading outside are both glass through.

You made more puppy friends? How special! Sounds like he was scared before, but now sees how nice and non-threatening you are. Is doggy kept in a fence or just outside?

I have more pics of Carleton on my phone than anyone else. Here is one of my guy in his favorite position. :zzzcat:

View attachment 338940
What a cutie! Love that flat face.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely love that! Especially the outdoor cat furniture! Did you make them? You're kitties love so happy <3

The walls are screens. The door into the house and the door leading outside are both glass through.

You made more puppy friends? How special! Sounds like he was scared before, but now sees how nice and non-threatening you are. Is doggy kept in a fence or just outside?

What a cutie! Love that flat face.
The "cat cactus" was made by my ex. Thanks for compliment! The tall beige one is plastic and I'm pretty sure he got that at Petco. It's here now, in the master bedroom. It has these removable beds in three parts of the structure, too. I'm not a huge fan of plastic, but it is a really nice piece of cat furniture. I've never seen any like it, either.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats were so cute today!!! I kept sneaking up to the closed deck door to snap pictures.

First, Isabelle allowed Persia to lay on the couch with her. She often allows Katrina, but it has been more rare with Persia lately.

20200614_121744.jpg

Then Katrina came to join the fun by sleeping on the cushions above. Persia looks super relaxed, as does Isabelle.

20200614_124024.jpg

Isabelle shifts, exposing her belly, looking super cute. I wanna touch that furry stomach!!!

20200614_124358.jpg

Persia shifts.... her usual antics of trying to get as close to Isabelle as she will let her... She shifts a little at a time. If Isabelle allows it, she will shift closer until they are touching....

20200614_125603.jpg

Katrina decides it is cuddle time with her sister! She climbs down and cuddles with Persia, leaning against the pillow.

20200614_130032.jpg

AND..... Persia shifts again! Contact has been made and her butt is leaning snuggly against Isabelle's back legs and butt... Is Isabelle okay with this? Is she tolerating it...?

20200614_130457.jpg
20200614_130930.jpg

Isabelle shifts and LAYS HER LEG ON PERSIA!!! How cute!!!! Isabelle willingly touches Persia and leaves her foot here. :heartshape:

20200614_131154.jpg

And later, Isabelle moves to the other couch, and I have room to lay on the large couch with the kittens. It was such a beautiful mild day today.
20200614_140106.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats were so cute today!!! I kept sneaking up to the closed deck door to snap pictures.

First, Isabelle allowed Persia to lay on the couch with her. She often allows Katrina, but it has been more rare with Persia lately.

View attachment 338996

Then Katrina came to join the fun by sleeping on the cushions above. Persia looks super relaxed, as does Isabelle.

View attachment 338998

Isabelle shifts, exposing her belly, looking super cute. I wanna touch that furry stomach!!!

View attachment 338999

Persia shifts.... her usual antics of trying to get as close to Isabelle as she will let her... She shifts a little at a time. If Isabelle allows it, she will shift closer until they are touching....

View attachment 339000

Katrina decides it is cuddle time with her sister! She climbs down and cuddles with Persia, leaning against the pillow.

View attachment 339001

AND..... Persia shifts again! Contact has been made and her butt is leaning snuggly against Isabelle's back legs and butt... Is Isabelle okay with this? Is she tolerating it...?

View attachment 339002View attachment 339003

Isabelle shifts and LAYS HER LEG ON PERSIA!!! How cute!!!! Isabelle willingly touches Persia and leaves her foot here. :heartshape:

View attachment 339004

And later, Isabelle moves to the other couch, and I have room to lay on the large couch with the kittens. It was such a beautiful mild day today.
View attachment 339005
Those are some of the cutest, most blissful, happiest pics I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty day yesterday, read outside off and on, snuggled with Small Cal till she became frightened of
all the lawn mowers, I was resting and could here her darling sounds underneath the bed. When I got
up to go back on deck, I saw one of her sweet back legs sticking out from underneath bed, soooo adorable.
Another nice day scheduled for today some clouds and that's ok.

neely neely I think Carleton should come for a weekend to play with Small Cal but I doubt
she would let him go home. He's a handsome baby boy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty day yesterday, read outside off and on, snuggled with Small Cal till she became frightened of
all the lawn mowers, I was resting and could here her darling sounds underneath the bed. When I got
up to go back on deck, I saw one of her sweet back legs sticking out from underneath bed, soooo adorable.
Another nice day scheduled for today some clouds and that's ok.

neely neely I think Carleton should come for a weekend to play with Small Cal but I doubt
she would let him go home. He's a handsome baby boy.
Yeah, lawnmowers and blowers and weed-whackers are scary. Loud. I know humans who really, really don't like those sounds.
Those little catfeet!!! :catlove:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well then! Happy "estimated" Fourth PURRthday, Tango! :bday::celebrate::party::party2::party3:View attachment 339143 To be sure to give an appropriate virtual gift, here is a CAT TOY. FOR CATS!!! (no confusion there!) :crackup:
Oh, I'm sure she'd enjoy a cat toy for dogs as well! :lol:

Her real-life presents are cat treats (that she should be able to eat without an allergic reaction - fingers crossed) and a new Da Bird refill.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the earth has slightly rotated off its axis or the COVID virus is causing madness at the executive level, but something out of ordinary is going on. I opened my Xfinity cable bill this afternoon and this year Xfinity has made changes to their pricing that LOWERED my monthly bill by $2.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe the earth has slightly rotated off its axis or the COVID virus is causing madness at the executive level, but something out of ordinary is going on. I opened my Xfinity cable bill this afternoon and this year Xfinity has made changes to their pricing that LOWERED my monthly bill by $2.
Pigs must be flying! 🐷

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a glorious day for me.:jive: I met an old college friend for iced coffee at a quaint coffee shop that is very eclectic. The owner collects antiques and artwork that is tastefully placed throughout the shop. Unfortunately restaurants are not open here yet due to Covid but you can eat outside, weather permitting. They have a small menu but everything is homemade and freshly prepared. Outdoor seating is limited so we got there bright and early at 9:00 a.m.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a glorious day for me.:jive: I met an old college friend for iced coffee at a quaint coffee shop that is very eclectic. The owner collects antiques and artwork that is tastefully placed throughout the shop. Unfortunately restaurants are not open here yet due to Covid but you can eat outside, weather permitting. They have a small menu but everything is homemade and freshly prepared. Outdoor seating is limited so we got there bright and early at 9:00 a.m.
That just sounds wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.