The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful when I got up! I could see the stars and hear the birds at the same time,this first day of
summer!
! It's very humid and will stay this way but with sun as the day goes on. These are 2 baths
a day days. mags will approve, ha!! M maggiedemi Where've you been?? Some rain is expected
but no worries, ac is working well and I have movies to watch.:thumbsup::yess:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful when I got up! I could see the stars and hear the birds at the same time,this first day of
summer!
! It's very humid and will stay this way but with sun as the day goes on. These are 2 baths
a day days. mags will approve, ha!! M maggiedemi Where've you been?? Some rain is expected
but no worries, ac is working well and I have movies to watch.:thumbsup::yess:

Yes, it has been humid here, too, especially this morning! Persia is already begging to go outside. They have been spending all day outside, if I let them. Katrina seems to like being where I'm at, but Persia would be happy sleeping on the deck all day by herself. I try to bring the kitties down once to see if they need the litterbox, if they have been out for many hours. They used to only spend a few hours out, and I'd bring them back down. But the very quiet Persia started crying to go up and trying to open the door with her paws 🤣 so she has been training me to take her out more and leaving her out.

What movies are on your list to watch?

My positives.... rearranged my makeshift bedroom again after being able to move excess furniture to my brothers old room after he moved out this past week. I was also able to move some items from the closet, too, so my shirts and clothes can be kept in the closet instead of using the shelving unit. Feels good to have a more organized room. Living room will be next! My brother took his coffee table and couch, so down to 2 couches, 1 large comfy sofa chair, and 1 coffee table. So much room no his things are out of here!

I've also been enjoying my succulent library books.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it has been humid here, too, especially this morning! Persia is already begging to go outside. They have been spending all day outside, if I let them. Katrina seems to like being where I'm at, but Persia would be happy sleeping on the deck all day by herself. I try to bring the kitties down once to see if they need the litterbox, if they have been out for many hours. They used to only spend a few hours out, and I'd bring them back down. But the very quiet Persia started crying to go up and trying to open the door with her paws 🤣 so she has been training me to take her out more and leaving her out.

What movies are on your list to watch?

My positives.... rearranged my makeshift bedroom again after being able to move excess furniture to my brothers old room after he moved out this past week. I was also able to move some items from the closet, too, so my shirts and clothes can be kept in the closet instead of using the shelving unit. Feels good to have a more organized room. Living room will be next! My brother took his coffee table and couch, so down to 2 couches, 1 large comfy sofa chair, and 1 coffee table. So much room no his things are out of here!

I've also been enjoying my succulent library books.
Sounds like some good times are being had by all!
And I know the feeling of feeling good after reorganizing. I've lived in some very, very small apartments where that's essential; and now, in a big house but with 3 feline and 2 human roomies, it's also pretty important.
Movies? I don't normally see a lot of them, but I saw an excellent one last night, "Just Mercy" that I wish everyone would watch.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got some nice rain earlier. There is more in the forecast and that’s very positive!
Sounds relaxing! What type of rainstorm was it? The sound of rain can be so calming to listen to. There was supposed to be rain here, but it keeps getting pushed back. I was holding off watering my vegetable plants, although if it does not rain over night I probably will tomorrow. I was looking forward to a relaxing rainstorm, so hoping in the next few days it will.

My plants are looking pretty green and growing! Lettuce should be ready in 2-4 weeks and the swiss chard another 1-2 months.

SAM_0400.JPG

Also, since being back home I've only noticed 1 hermit crab out and about. My mom mentioned she saw up to 3 out at the same time during the past couple of years she's been caring for them while I've been away for school. Only seeing one for so long, I felt bad thinking his friends may have passed and wondered if I should get another one or rehome the hermie since they are social. Low and behold another emerged and 2 were visible at the same time! The hermie may have been under the substrate molting as they can be down for weeks or months at a time. Happy the one still had a buddy!

SAM_0413.JPG

Another positive, I drilled hoes for the first time in some ceramics and plastic planters. The first one took the longest, the mug, and the other two went so fast! My dino planter also has additional hoes in the feet and tail now and is ready for a plant! The wide green/brown colored one was a free item someone was giving away. The color is so pretty in person and cannot wait to make a mixed plant pot for that one.

SAM_0417.JPG
SAM_0418.JPG

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds relaxing! What type of rainstorm was it? The sound of rain can be so calming to listen to.
A good 15/20 minute soaker. We got another light shower a little while ago. We could use a nice all night rain. Most of the rain in the forecast has gone around us so I’ve been watering a lot and our yard was getting very dry patches. Part of the yard already looks happier. My squash has its leaves up reaching for it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds relaxing! What type of rainstorm was it? The sound of rain can be so calming to listen to. There was supposed to be rain here, but it keeps getting pushed back. I was holding off watering my vegetable plants, although if it does not rain over night I probably will tomorrow. I was looking forward to a relaxing rainstorm, so hoping in the next few days it will.

My plants are looking pretty green and growing! Lettuce should be ready in 2-4 weeks and the swiss chard another 1-2 months.

View attachment 339809

Also, since being back home I've only noticed 1 hermit crab out and about. My mom mentioned she saw up to 3 out at the same time during the past couple of years she's been caring for them while I've been away for school. Only seeing one for so long, I felt bad thinking his friends may have passed and wondered if I should get another one or rehome the hermie since they are social. Low and behold another emerged and 2 were visible at the same time! The hermie may have been under the substrate molting as they can be down for weeks or months at a time. Happy the one still had a buddy!

View attachment 339810

Another positive, I drilled hoes for the first time in some ceramics and plastic planters. The first one took the longest, the mug, and the other two went so fast! My dino planter also has additional hoes in the feet and tail now and is ready for a plant! The wide green/brown colored one was a free item someone was giving away. The color is so pretty in person and cannot wait to make a mixed plant pot for that one.

View attachment 339811View attachment 339812
I love growing plants, too! Grew some chard a few houses ago. It's one of my favorite vegetables. Great job you did on the planters! What did you use, a drill/driver? Great about your crab friends! I've never seen these in person, as we don't have them in L.A.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love your planters, W WillowMarie and great job on drilling those holes!
I love growing plants, too! Grew some chard a few houses ago. It's one of my favorite vegetables. Great job you did on the planters! What did you use, a drill/driver? Great about your crab friends! I've never seen these in person, as we don't have them in L.A.

Thank you! I used a drill with diamond drill bits for the ceramics and corkscrew looking piece for the plastic containers. Water needs to be used to reduce friction when using the diamond drill bits. Luckily, all of the ceramics had a small lip, so a thin layer of water was held on top while I drilled.

Do you have beaches near L.A.? Some beaches, sadly, sell hermit crabs, but they are not in good conditions. They are often found at pet stores around here. :) I didn't know this when I first started keeping them almost 10 years ago, but all sold ones are wild caught. Guess this also happens with some fish species, too.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Thunder can be heard for the past half hour here.... waiting for the rain... is it getting close? Maybe it will be here when it is bedtime and the rain can rock me to sleep. Hope you get some more rain overnight, too!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I used a drill with diamond drill bits for the ceramics and corkscrew looking piece for the plastic containers. Water needs to be used to reduce friction when using the diamond drill bits. Luckily, all of the ceramics had a small lip, so a thin layer of water was held on top while I drilled.

Do you have beaches near L.A.? Some beaches, sadly, sell hermit crabs, but they are not in good conditions. They are often found at pet stores around here. :) I didn't know this when I first started keeping them almost 10 years ago, but all sold ones are wild caught. Guess this also happens with some fish species, too.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Thunder can be heard for the past half hour here.... waiting for the rain... is it getting close? Maybe it will be here when it is bedtime and the rain can rock me to sleep. Hope you get some more rain overnight, too!
Oh, yeah, that's what L.A. is known for, among other things. But I'm not a beach person. And yes, anyone taken from his/her home, shouldn't be (as in the crabs, and fish, and others, as long as "home" is natural habitat and safe).

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During my rearrange, a TV Stand was flipped over with some towels on top. Persia would squeeze under when the stand was right side up despite being 9 pounds and the spacing from the floor was only 2-3 inches... made me nervous so this is how it is now. Isabelle enjoys her new sleeping spot <3 She loves towels and I lay a few out to create multiple potential beds for her. Isabelle still lays on her towel on the second shelf of a shelving unit sometimes, but since she sleeps here overnight Persia slept on the shelving last night, when she wasn't curled up next to or on me.
So cute to see their sleeping patterns and behsvior changes as new areas are available or become desirable.
20200621_085525.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Storms last night and my poor Cal was hiding underneath bed and actually crying!! I tried
to coax her out but to no avail. She came out for a bit but when I got up she was sleeping
on the chair cushion as I had brought outdoor pillows, etc in. She looked so sweet.
Slept well early in the night, then up at 10pm for a bit, then got up at 1:30am, guess that
is my new wake up time now......just go with it. Supposed to rain all day,,,should Kaylee
bring my chair inside?:lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Look at this stinkin’ cute duck family!! I’ve gotten the biggest kick out of watching these babies grow (although there were originally 10 and now there are seven :( ). See the one trying out his stubby little wings? And you should see them making tiny hops in the air trying to catch bugs! They make me smile. :redheartpump:
F42593B0-5A14-4AB4-9FD7-531EC40FC86E.jpeg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory Those ducklings and duck are too cute! Hope the rest make it <3

Been enjoying the quietness of the park this summer. Normally there are soccer games, live music, and more people frisbee golfing and playing. Also, since the pool is closed all summer, no music is playing, which is heard slightly from the enclosed porch. There is also slightly less traffic, too, which also helps make it quieter.

Rained a few minutes this morning. Sunnie and I enjoyed it while out on the enclosed deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.