The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
May I join you? I;ll bring Spam sammies, California Dream salad, (remember that from the 90s, soo good), and chips hee, hee
Of course but it was last night and we normally meet once a month, how about if I let you know next time?

That sounds cool. I'd like to see a pic of how you do that, a socially distanced picnic! :thumbsup:
I didn't take pics but she set up lawn chairs in a very wide circle spaced more than 6 ft. apart and had 3 tables for anyone who didn't want to eat on their lap. Most people brought sandwiches or had their meal in a bowl. It was also her birthday so I brought balloons that we tied to her deck and another friend brought store bought cupcakes that were individually separated and wrapped.

Bright sunny day here, can't wait to take a nice long walk and top it off with a cup of coffee on the patio. ☕

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch had a good checkup at the vet today. :thumbsup: Especially for a “15 years, 3 months and 15 days” old I think the reciept said. :lol2:

I didn’t bring my kindle to read while I waited in the car but I always keep a book or two on the kindle app on my phone. It gave me time to text my bff too. My vet is so sweet. It kind me sad not to see her in person. But they have everything down to a science with dropping them off and calling and all.

I think Mooch has forgiven me already. She’s happy to be home.
580ED847-B61E-4857-A029-5C9A572AF2B8.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mooch had a good checkup at the vet today. :thumbsup: Especially for a “15 years, 3 months and 15 days” old I think the reciept said. :lol2:

I didn’t bring my kindle to read while I waited in the car but I always keep a book or two on the kindle app on my phone. It gave me time to text my bff too. My vet is so sweet. It kind me sad not to see her in person. But they have everything down to a science with dropping them off and calling and all.

View attachment 338649
Mooch is just a beauty. And appears remarkably relaxed for having gone through the vet experience

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch is just a beauty. And appears remarkably relaxed for having gone through the vet experience
She's a fairly easy going cat. She walked all over making sure the house hasn't changed and that was that. When Noodles was here she'd hiss at everyone. They had such different personalities for being sisters. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 338649
She is lovely and she doesn't look anywhere near her age -- her face is that of a young cat! *ConCATulations, Mooch! Here's to many more checkups like this one!*:yess::clap::goldstar:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't take pics but she set up lawn chairs in a very wide circle spaced more than 6 ft. apart and had 3 tables for anyone who didn't want to eat on their lap. Most people brought sandwiches or had their meal in a bowl. It was also her birthday so I brought balloons that we tied to her deck and another friend brought store bought cupcakes that were individually separated and wrapped.
What a wonderful idea. Sounds like she really made it as safe as possible. It's good to see people taking precautions. My mom was mentioning she looks forward to when her and her friend feel comfortable spending time together. She was thinking of sitting in the enclosed porch (has screen on the sides, so it is not inside technically, but like being outside) and each sitting on a different chair, which are about 6 feet apart. She's already thinking of how to make something work, although neither are ready to try hanging out yet.

View attachment 338649

Yea, go Mooch! What a beauty <3

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few joys from today and yesterday.

Received a goodie from the succulent group wish list thread! Someone sent me some potting mix, which will be very helpful when all of my leaf propagates are ready for pots.
20200611_162845.jpg

Two of the people I sent goodies to thanked me in the thread and shared a pic of their items. They sounded so happy, and it felt so good to see! Some others should receive their goodie today and others have longer shipping times.

These are all the gardening kits for herbs, mini rose, and cement pots. All for $30 and some change! The rose kit was set up yesterday, and each new week a new kit will be set up. I organized which order to set them up and wrote in my planner when each should be germinating. Excited to have more goodies to grow!

20200612_121756.jpg

Last positive is the cats were so cute lounging on the deck today. Isabelle was belly exposed, stretched out with Katrina on the same couch. Later, Persia was cuddling with Katrina and all three were on the same couch! So glad Persia and Katrina have been back to normal the past week or so. Also, Katrina likes to use the pillow as a pillow or sometimes a bed. Awwww!

20200612_125101.jpg
20200612_131332.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few joys from today and yesterday.

Received a goodie from the succulent group wish list thread! Someone sent me some potting mix, which will be very helpful when all of my leaf propagates are ready for pots.
View attachment 338667

Two of the people I sent goodies to thanked me in the thread and shared a pic of their items. They sounded so happy, and it felt so good to see! Some others should receive their goodie today and others have longer shipping times.

These are all the gardening kits for herbs, mini rose, and cement pots. All for $30 and some change! The rose kit was set up yesterday, and each new week a new kit will be set up. I organized which order to set them up and wrote in my planner when each should be germinating. Excited to have more goodies to grow!

View attachment 338668

Last positive is the cats were so cute lounging on the deck today. Isabelle was belly exposed, stretched out with Katrina on the same couch. Later, Persia was cuddling with Katrina and all three were on the same couch! So glad Persia and Katrina have been back to normal the past week or so. Also, Katrina likes to use the pillow as a pillow or sometimes a bed. Awwww!

View attachment 338669View attachment 338670
Gorgeous!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is lovely and she doesn't look anywhere near her age -- her face is that of a young cat! *ConCATulations, Mooch! Here's to many more checkups like this one!*:yess::clap::goldstar:
Sometimes I see her age and others she still looks young. Her activity is less and she can’t jump; but she climbs, plays with a few catnip toys and loves to snuggle. We manage the rest. She’s a great companion. :catlove:When she was a kitten I enjoyed her; but I looked forward to having that bond that comes with time.:hearthrob:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mooch had a good checkup at the vet today. :thumbsup: Especially for a “15 years,
Yay Mooch! :cheerleader:

Isabelle was belly exposed, stretched out with Katrina on the same couch
Awww look at that belly fluff! 😍

My positive is I got a bunch of fun stuff in our Aldi order- Sweetened Coconut Milk, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Vegetarian Fat Free Refried Beans, Alfredo Sauce, Tortilla Chips...I just realized most of the things I get are processed though! I need to start eating more fresh foods. My mom hardly buys any fresh produce because she likes to hoard and keep things forever. But me & dad can make small changes. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely isn't that wonderful? :cloud9::redtabby::redheartpump:
M maggiedemi It's what most people do in this society. There are quite a few fairly healthy choices that are ready to eat. I like my store's deli, where I buy several items like that each time I shop. They're convenient, really good, and healthy. The fresh produce is a "must" for me and my roomie. When you open our refrigerator, most of what you see is fruits and vegetables. She eats even more of these than I do. They do eat meat, eggs, cheese, ice cream, yoghurt etc. but she's really good about getting plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. A lot of people think they're too much bother to wash, chop and cook but a lot of people also really like them when they have them. *hint, hint*;)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens were extra rambunctious today on the deck. Made me smile to see them so playful and having fun. Sometimes the kittens race across me, pouncing on and propelling off my belly 🤣 Katrina also loves walking and running on the railing of the deck. <3

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens were extra rambunctious today on the deck. Made me smile to see them so playful and having fun. Sometimes the kittens race across me, pouncing on and propelling off my belly 🤣 Katrina also loves walking and running on the railing of the deck. <3

Rambuncsh! So cute! Nice catio you have there, too.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rambuncsh! So cute! Nice catio you have there, too.
Thanks! When my mom redid the really old porch we had, she decided to make an enclosed porch. Sunnie, our family cat, used to be let out on the deck and only stayed on the deck, but decided to be more adventurous and started going down the stairs. So no more deck time for him. But now with the enclosed deck, he can spend time out there again!

My kittens love it, too! I used to take them out closer to 12-1 pm, but they stated asking to go out earlier. If Sunnie doesn't want to go out in the morning, I've been taking my kitties out after they eat breakfast! They spend hours out there and are so happy. Persia won't even get up sometimes when I call her to go back in if she wants to stay out longer. 🤣

Sometimes Sunnie walks up to the glass door and stares at my kitties. Everyone is calm, although if the door is open with the screen closed and they smell each other, the kittens hiss at him. Persia, who is so calm, will sit there fairly calm looking, but hiss repeatedely at him. Normally, I leave the glass door closed to reduce stress, if they get stressed with smelling. Sunnie is funny because he is so chill. If the kittens are hissing at him, he stays calm and either stares at them curiously or just walks away!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! When my mom redid the really old porch we had, she decided to make an enclosed porch. Sunnie, our family cat, used to be let out on the deck and only stayed on the deck, but decided to be more adventurous and started going down the stairs. So no more deck time for him. But now with the enclosed deck, he can spend time out there again!

My kittens love it, too! I used to take them out closer to 12-1 pm, but they stated asking to go out earlier. If Sunnie doesn't want to go out in the morning, I've been taking my kitties out after they eat breakfast! They spend hours out there and are so happy. Persia won't even get up sometimes when I call her to go back in if she wants to stay out longer. 🤣

Sometimes Sunnie walks up to the glass door and stares at my kitties. Everyone is calm, although if the door is open with the screen closed and they smell each other, the kittens hiss at him. Persia, who is so calm, will sit there fairly calm looking, but hiss repeatedely at him. Normally, I leave the glass door closed to reduce stress, if they get stressed with smelling. Sunnie is funny because he is so chill. If the kittens are hissing at him, he stays calm and either stares at them curiously or just walks away!
We built a really nice catio in the Mojave with a cat screen and a cat door, so we could close it off from insects or close it completely when it snowed or when we had a sandstorm coming through. They'd spend almost all the time out there sometimes, even all night.
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people think they're too much bother to wash, chop and cook
My mom thinks they are too much bother, plus she likes to keep food forever so she only buys frozen or canned. And now she claims all green vegetables are bad for digestion. But me & dad have our ways. ;)

Kittens were extra rambunctious today on the deck.
I wish I could give Demi & Maggie an enclosed deck like that! Are the walls screens or windows?

My positive is that I made friends with my neighbors' dog! Not the Pomeranian, this is a different neighbor to the right. They have a huge black dog that has been terrifying me on my walks since September. I usually turn around before I get to their house because he barks his head off at me. Well yesterday I don't know what came over me. I decided to talk sweetly to him and tell him what a good boy he is. He froze and looked shocked. Then he laid down and wagged his tail! Now I can take my walk down that entire road. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, gorgeous babies!!
neely neely Sounds like a fun party!! Another pic of Carlton?
susanm9006 susanm9006 How about another pic of darling Willow?

Another beautiful day here in Ohio. Lots of sun, low humidity??? Wait a sec, did I move
to Spain?? I hope to read on deck, also again get caught up on sleep. Small Cal looks
so adorable with her new 'do. I can now kiss her all over and feel her skin. I've been
brushing her several times a day, my baby girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.