The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother called me after speaking to our mutual vet to say that Pumpkin’s bloodwork was good! He just turned 17 and is showing signs of aging (losing some muscle/weight and not grooming as much). But the vet said everything looked good! Hes such a sweetie! 🧡

He had been sleeping so cute but popped that eye open as I took the picture. :lol:
5B6510FA-7121-4A51-A7B8-CF10845AEF4F.jpeg

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother called me after speaking to our mutual vet to say that Pumpkin’s bloodwork was good! He just turned 17 and is showing signs of aging (losing some muscle/weight and not grooming as much). But the vet said everything looked good! Hes such a sweetie! 🧡

He had been sleeping so cute but popped that eye open as I took the picture. :lol:
View attachment 353689
He looks like a big sweetie and he is so handsome. I used to have a big orange guy named Pumpkin.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 353689
So sweet!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 353689
He;s adorable and doesn't look 17, sweet boy!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Trip is over and I am so glad. It took a toll on me...about an hour ago I felt I must go to er to calm the pain down
but I rallied, Cal snuggled against my belly and once the meds kicked in a second time I was ok! She knew I
felt rough, darling girl.

Supposed to be in the low 70s today, perfect! then back down in the 40s tonight. Amazing sleeping weather.
The Ginger Gang didn't sleep on the chairs last night, not cold enough.

After I got back yesterday I was on the deck entering house through slider and I heard snorting and jingling.
It was Blue, the neighbor's pit bull. What a doll he is. He ate the cat food I had out, ha!! He is looking a bit
chunky and I wonder if he does this when I'm not out there. The kids came and got him. He gives huge, sloppy
kisses with his big, long tongue, so cute!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love him! 😍

My positive is Dad gave me a $25 Visa gift card that he got as reward points. Sweet that his first thought was to give it to me. Not sure what I will buy with it. Probably cat food, granola, coffee, or more jeans. :lol:
I would think of it as a gift... as in an early Christmas or belated B-day. I think your Dad would want you to get something you really wanted, something you do not have.... Something different; not another pair of jeans.. something kind of special..
A pair of earrings, bracelet, something which would last a while... each time you see it or wear it, you will think of the love your dad has for you.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mia, that sounds so bad... Cal had the right idea---cuddling with a kitty makes everything a bit more tolerable. A nice warm kitty... that is the epitome of love...

Take it easy today.. I know for us, it is a humid, yucky day... not hot, not cold, humid~~ will rain late in afternoon.

My positive is that I 'batted my eyes' and got the Facilities director to come up here, to put up my curtain rods!!!! They need an adjustment; but he did it for me!! I did not have to wait for one of the guys to do it for me. They are short handed this week.

The rods are adjustable, needing to be raised a bit.

It is a strange situation. I cannot put up normal curtain rods, because the vertical blinds are outside the window, a bit.
The curtains are up against the window--- to stop the drafts, with the blinds outside them. I put the curtains up because the windows are over 40 years old, and drafty. They have to be replaced ,but when, no one knows...

I do need a longer curtain. That's ok. I can put the short one in the bedroom! When I am ready to do so.

Semi sheer white, with taupe---more brownish gold, than grey. sheafs of wheat on them.. so pretty... so certain if I like the weird look having the blinds over them, but if it solves the draft issue, I will be so happy.

I attached them with 'rings' with clips... so I can take them off at any time... without bothering the guys...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is the last few days it was colder than normal for this time of year so Carleton slept in bed with me the entire night. :lovecat: When it's warm he stays downstairs because it's cooler but during winter he's my permanent heater. I guess he thought winter came early this year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch's meds have been on backorder but my vet was able to fill her prescription for me. She said they haven't had issues getting it. So we are set for a while! Whew!
He;s adorable and doesn't look 17, sweet boy!
He's not the stinker he was when he was younger; but he's one of the most patient and tolerant cats I've ever met. My DS adores him so much. My little nieces were using doll brushes to do his hair a few weeks ago. He sat there loving it and when he had enough; he just got up and walked away. They were supervised of course. He loves to snuggle and always has.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since joining this forum a few months ago, I have pretty much switch food every few weeks since now that I know what brands are good/healthy. My positive is that Boone and Gracie are NOT picky eaters. One may not like the new food right off the bat but after a day or two, they are fine with it. Never have upset tummies either.

Tried Wellness Kitten tonight and Gracie loved it! She wasn't a fan of the Instinct Kitten although she would eat most of her meal. Not only did she eat all of hers tonight but she ate what little Boone had left behind too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A pair of earrings
Good idea. I haven't bought jewelry in so many years.

My positive is since Walmart was mostly out of our canned cat food, I found some multipacks for the same price at Target and Amazon, so I'll just have them delivered. That will probably end up being easier in the long run, so I'm glad it happened. I panicked at first because it's hard to get out of the habit of shopping in-store. But once I get used to online, I think I will prefer it for most things.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I 'batted my eyes' and got the Facilities director to come up here, to put up my curtain rods!!!! They need an adjustment; but he did it for me!! I did not have to wait for one of the guys to do it for me. They are short handed this week.
naughty girl,hee, hee, works every time!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mia, that sounds so bad... Cal had the right idea---cuddling with a kitty makes everything a bit more tolerable. A nice warm kitty... that is the epitome of love...
Take it easy today.. I know for us, it is a humid, yucky day... not hot, not cold, humid~~ will rain late in afternoon.
Thank you, I made it through the day...today will be bad as well, always the second day after trip is worse, but I've
been doing this for almost 20 years Had the surgery that caused this on the 13th of October, 2000, a FRIDAY, ha!!!
Then my first pain doc told me in July of 2001 that she could no longer help me and would send me to Dr. Michael
Stanton-Hicks at Cleveland Clinic Pain Management. She made the appt herself. It was for the 11th of Sept. 2001!!
DIdn't go, and they rescheduled for October 11th. I'm not superstitious but then again....

Beauty of a day yesterday, couldn't sit otr for long but I was able to read a bit. The Gingers were sleeping
in the shade at Mitch's house He owns the house next door..bought it when it was foreclosed upon about 4 years
ago but doesn't live there. there are a lot of of huge trees that the cats love.

Going to be sunny and in the 60s with little wind, perfect!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I do believe that I have finally been cured of a tidal wave of spam that began a few months ago. Sometimes twenty or thirty emails a day clogging up my mailbox. I was blocking each one but they just kept coming and eventually I just deleted them. But reading on the internet they said that you need to move spam to your junk folder instead of deleting and the mail system will begin to recognize and remove them for you. I started it last week and was down to just a few Emails yesterday and ZERO today.

Status
Not open for further replies.