The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is there is this guy with a dog the past few days on my walk. I don't know if he is a show dog, but the guy has all these props in his truck. He takes them out and sets them up in the empty field. The dog runs through and over stuff, and chases different toys. I never saw anything like it. I love watching the dog have so much fun. Hopefully I can talk to them one of these days. But for now we just wave to each other. 😍

It's dog agility.

Lots of people just do it for fun and don't enter competitions.

I was looking at my work compensation stuff and saw that I got an equity adjustment back in July. Basically my base salary was increased a little bit. No idea why but I'm not complaining :biggrin: Starting this past Thursday all eligible employees get the company -wide 3% salary increase that shows up in the paycheck for the first pay period of the month, next Friday for me. More money :clap:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is there is this guy with a dog the past few days on my walk. I don't know if he is a show dog, but the guy has all these props in his truck. He takes them out and sets them up in the empty field. The dog runs through and over stuff, and chases different toys. I never saw anything like it. I love watching the dog have so much fun. Hopefully I can talk to them one of these days. But for now we just wave to each other. 😍
Have you seen the Rudy the bulldog run the agility course? He is very impressive.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Unexpected pleasure and gifts on my walk this morning. It has been chilly, in the low 50’s and a bit hard to get motivated. So I decided this morning I would take a different route and walk to the lake which is about a mile away so that I could hit a free library stand near it. I was stopped in my tracks at the lake. There was someone swimming across it! He didn’t have a wet suit on, at least his upper body was bare and he appeared to be crossing the whole lake. I watched for a few minutes and marveled at the determination it would take to swim in that cold water. He was dragging a flotation device so not totally crazy but had to have been darn cold.

On my way back at the free library box I found a travel novel by Bill Bryson that I haven’t read and they are always funny and a good read. And my last gift was two crumpled one dollar bills that I found on the side of the road near home. All in all a great walk!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I broke down and turned on the heat since it was in the low 40's overnight. Today was one of those damp, dreary days so we went to a favorite restaurant for lunch. They have a lot of soups, stews and noodle dishes so it sounded like a perfect match for the weather. 🍲

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I was talking to two of my neighbors this morning, both of whom have cats. I asked how they fared with our recent evacuation because of the wildfire that came within a mile and a half of our homes. One of them had the funniest story.

When they were grabbing everything to throw in the car, her husband grabbed the container of what he thought was litter. When they arrived many hours later at the closest hotel they could find, they settled the cat in, opened the container, and pour its contents into the litter box. Turns out he grabbed a container of bird seed!

My friend said she, her husband, and their cat all stared for a few minutes at the litter box. The cat looked at them, sniffed the seed, then stalked away. Her husband had to go out at 10 p.m. to find a store that was open so he could buy litter. :lol:

It was nice to have one moment of laughter from those terrible few days.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's dog agility.
Cool! I didn't know the word for it. I would love to talk to him. He seems like a caring person to do all that for his dog. They were having so much fun together. I hope I see them again, it's getting so cold here, so maybe not. :crossfingers:

Have you seen the Rudy the bulldog run the agility course?
That's amazing. I just love watching dogs enjoying themselves like that. This dog looked a bit like my brother's golden retriever. 😍

My positive is my thermal waffle shirt will be here next week. I hope it's warm. My fleece sweatshirt didn't keep me warm enough today. Has anybody tried French Terry sweatshirts? Are they warm?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wonderful in-laws have been working on redoing our dining room set (older family furniture I inherited from my side and a bit worse for wear), getting them stripped, stained and reupholstered. We got our chairs back today, and I'm very happy. And so apparently is Sparkle, who wants to make sure her scent is in the new fabric.

1003202029_HDR.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My wonderful in-laws have been working on redoing our dining room set (older family furniture I inherited from my side and a bit worse for wear), getting them stripped, stained and reupholstered. We got our chairs back today, and I'm very happy. And so apparently is Sparkle, who wants to make sure her scent is in the new fabric.

View attachment 353427
I love the style of those chairs. Traditional but modern at the same time. And a great refinish, reupholstery job.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a smaller-bonfire tonight. After the kids went to bed DH and I sat outside by what was left until it was out. It's cool out so the fire felt nice. We got rid of all the branches from the tree that was damaged in a storm this summer. I've had 3 huge piles of sticks out there.

My kids helped me cut down the dried cornstalks from the garden and we recycled most to decorate out front for fall. The rest made nice kindling for the fire.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was talking to two of my neighbors this morning, both of whom have cats. I asked how they fared with our recent evacuation because of the wildfire that came within a mile and a half of our homes. One of them had the funniest story.

When they were grabbing everything to throw in the car, her husband grabbed the container of what he thought was litter. When they arrived many hours later at the closest hotel they could find, they settled the cat in, opened the container, and pour its contents into the litter box. Turns out he grabbed a container of bird seed!

My friend said she, her husband, and their cat all stared for a few minutes at the litter box. The cat looked at them, sniffed the seed, then stalked away. Her husband had to go out at 10 p.m. to find a store that was open so he could buy litter. :lol:

My cat Roger had IBD. One day I was scop

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My friend said she, her husband, and their cat all stared for a few minutes at the litter box. The cat looked at them, sniffed the seed, then stalked away. Her husband had to go out at 10 p.m. to find a store that was open so he could bur. :lol:

z?z?
My cat Roger had IBD. I had a 50 lb bag of sunflower seeds in the basement and one day I found where he had diarrhea in the bag of seeds. I guess he did not have time to get to a litter box.h

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a smaller-bonfire tonight. After the kids went to bed DH and I sat outside by what was left until it was out. It's cool out so the fire felt nice. We got rid of all the branches from the tree that was damaged in a storm this summer. I've had 3 huge piles of sticks out there.

My kids helped me cut down the dried cornstalks from the garden and we recycled most to decorate out front for fall. The rest made nice kindling for the fire.
Nice romantic time for you and DH.💞 Will you have more fires?
strider rose strider rose How is your mama?

Chilly this morning, supposed to warm up but chance of rain which we need if we 're going to have nice foliage.
Ginger gang slept on wicker chair again last night. I took a thick, red blanket from the dryer and put that on my
chair. When I looked out a few mins later Connie was curled up in it, soo cute.

Did a load of laundry yesterday and I'm paying for it today but that's ok, I have good books and DVDs. :clap: :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a thick, red blanket from the dryer and put that on my
chair.
Man, that sounds so cozy. Heaven. :cloud9:

My positive is my dad gave me one of his jean shirts. That will save me $40, those things are so expensive! I wanted to try one to see how warm the material is, but I couldn't find any cheap ones. Dad's shirt is X-Large, but that's okay, I just want to try it out, so it doesn't matter if it's too big. If I like it, I can get my own in Medium or Large. If I don't like it, I'm not out any money. Do you guys still wear jean shirts? I haven't worn one in over 20 years.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 353427
I love these chairs!! My style... actually, my kitchen chair are very similar. No padding, and the cross bow in the back is not on my. Mine are cinnamon and oak... love your chairs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.