The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is my sore right leg feels so much better today after wearing really tight jeans on my 2 hour walk. This leads me to believe it really is a blood clot, despite my doctor saying it couldn't be. I know wearing compression stockings can help heal blood clots and these spandex jeans were tight like those. Unless compression clothing can also help heal a pulled muscle? That's what my doc thinks it is.
Compression socks or leggings can help with pulled muscles. Let us hope that is all it is!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Very chilly today and rained throughout the night. Will only be in the low 50s and will dip into the 30s tonight, ouch!!
It's payday!! Kaylee will do banking and pick up a few things from store.

Cannot read outside today I don't think, that's ok. I have DVDs and Ebooks downloaded. Good day for a brisk walk
although I'll need my parka, boots, hat, and gloves. I'm already wearing my boots as my floors are cold as ice. This
duplex was built on a cement slab.

Nicole is officially retired!! Her last day was yesterday!! :yess: :cheerleader::clap:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is my sore right leg feels so much better today after wearing really tight jeans on my 2 hour walk. This leads me to believe it really is a blood clot, despite my doctor saying it couldn't be. I know wearing compression stockings can help heal blood clots and these spandex jeans were tight like those. Unless compression clothing can also help heal a pulled muscle? That's what my doc thinks it is.
If you really think you have a blood clot you should go to the ER and have it checked. I did that when I had a bad pain in my leg and it turned out I had a fracture in my chin. I developed two blood clots when I was in the hospital and now I have to be on medication for the rest of my life.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son and daughter-in-law are officially homeowners! Yay! Things were looking iffy for a little while because the company that owned the house was being difficult, there was a question about a cash bonus my son received, and, for some reason, his Social Security number was coming back as not matching him. He was supposed to sign last week, but it was pushed back to Monday. Monday was pushed to Tuesday at 1. Then 3. In the end, the guy came to our house at 10 pm (seriously!) Tuesday. Yesterday. the money was transferred, papers were filed, and he got the keys at 4 pm. They are doing some work before they move in, though.

Baby Hobbit started physical therapy a couple of weeks ago because he is 9 months and was unable to sit for more than a couple of seconds on his own. According to the doctor and the therapist, his prematurity and his height are hindering him. He is 30" (76.2 cm) long, which puts him at the 99 percentile for his age, or something along those lines. I just know that he is exactly half my height! Haha! He is in 18 months clothes and will be out of them soon if this keeps up. (His father is 6' 6"/6' 7".) They said that tall babies have a difficult time balancing.

Anyway, since he started therapy, he can sit on his own and can go from being on his stomach to sitting! He is also army crawling very well! He is trying to crawl, but he keeps putting his feet on the ground rather than his knees.
I can’t believe they came at 10pm!! I’m a night person but DH would have been 😴! I’m sure they are relieved its done! Now the fun part of making it home!!:clap:

Little Baby Hobbit is at such a fun stage. I’ve seen a few babies figure out how to crawl with their feet. It looks like it takes more muscle but they don’t seem to care.:crazy: One of my friends said her little cousin never crawled. She just rolled everywhere. Then went to walking.:lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Gracie is finally wearing down and is going to love me again. It's been since Monday that I have been on the outs with her because I threw a pillow in her general direction. She hasn't been as affectionate with me as normal. No coming up to me for love. No sitting on my lap. No coming to see me in the morning. But today... she came when I called. She let me pet her too. I have the weekend to get myself back in her graces. I will know I'm truly back when she sleeps on my lap and sleeps with me during the night. :crossfingers:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Compression socks or leggings can help with pulled muscles.
Well that's good news! I'll keep wearing these type of jeans. The slim fit ones fit tight like compression clothing, the relaxed fit are loose.

If you really think you have a blood clot you should go to the ER and have it checked.
I already did. They x-rayed it and didn't find anything. They laughed when I asked if it was a blood clot. They said I would be dead after a year. She said it was probably a pulled muscle.

My positive is I'm so excited about our Aldi order today! It won't be here until dinner time. I'll post about what I got later. I'm excited to see if I got what I ordered or if there will be some fun substitutes.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that's good news! I'll keep wearing these type of jeans. The slim fit ones fit tight like compression clothing, the relaxed fit are loose.

I already did. They x-rayed it and didn't find anything. They laughed when I asked if it was a blood clot. They said I would be dead after a year. She said it was probably a pulled muscle.

My positive is I'm so excited about our Aldi order today! It won't be here until dinner time. I'll post about what I got later. I'm excited to see if I got what I ordered or if there will be some fun substitutes.
You know if you had a blood clot as they don't stay in one place for too long. If they go to your lungs, you cough up blood. That happened to my mom after breaking her foot. If they go to your heart, well....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS helped me put together a cabbage soup in the slow cooker today. Usually DD does a lot in the kitchen but he wanted to try. I could tell she felt disappointed but she understood he needs a turn too. He did well browning the ground pork, using the can opener (especially for being left handed) and stirring everything together without even making a mess.

Yesterday DD cut all the veggies for a pasta salad. All I did was make the dressing, boil the pasta and help cut the cheese cubes down.

Its nice having them become more helpful and independent. Right now they are doing Friday chores. DD already cleaned their bathroom too.:banana1: Too bad I can’t make her do mine.;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DS helped me put together a cabbage soup in the slow cooker today.
That gave me the sweetest mental picture, of him helping you cook. ❤

maggiedemi compression does help pulled muscles. It supports them. So it would help that!
Thank you! I'm so happy I found something that works finally. :)

Finally!!! :yess:
I like your jeans! You know I had to notice, I'm obsessed with jeans.

That's my positive. I counted and I have 29 pairs of jeans, thanks to my stimulus check! All bought this year. That's crazy. Who needs that many pairs of jeans? I never hoarded anything before besides hot sauce. Oh well, they will get worn, but only once a month each if I wear them in order. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is I had to make an additional stop at the grocery store for an item I forgot to buy the other day. And to my surprise, my favorite dark chocolate with espresso beans bar was on sale for an unbelievably good price. I could have bought them all but used will power to only buy two. 🍫

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could have bought them all but used will power to only buy two. 🍫
Can I borrow your will power for my jeans addiction? :lol:

The soup came out GOOOOD!! :lol: I did add a sprinkle of parmesan-romano to top it off.
That looks a lot like the stoup we had tonight! I forgot to put cheese on top though, that would have been great. 🧀

My positive is we got our Aldi order tonight. I got everything I ordered except for the nectarines. I got apple almond honey granola, oats & honey granola, memphis bbq sauce, texas bbq sauce, vanilla almond milk, bananas, fresh pineapple spears, fresh pears, vegetarian chickenless tenders, tortilla chips, and various veggies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That gave me the sweetest mental picture, of him helping you cook. ❤

Thank you! I'm so happy I found something that works finally. :)

I like your jeans! You know I had to notice, I'm obsessed with jeans.

That's my positive. I counted and I have 29 pairs of jeans, thanks to my stimulus check! All bought this year. That's crazy. Who needs that many pairs of jeans? I never hoarded anything before besides hot sauce. Oh well, they will get worn, but only once a month each if I wear them in order. :lol:
Lee Relaxed Fit jeans.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Having problems with positivity anyone?
Here's George to lift your day (it worked for me :biggrin:)
OMG!!! mani, please send him to me!! I would kiss him 100 times a day, those darling ears, sweet nose, and tiny hands!!
Oh, what a baby doll!! Thank you for that:hugs::clap::cheerleader:

Very chilly now, two of the Ginger Gang are curled up on the new but old wicker chair I have on deck. I placed
warm throws on it last night and placed warm onse from the dryer on my red chair this morning. Conrad is now
sleeping on it, angel boy.

Going to enjoy the brisk day and have a walkabout perhaps.Need to break in my new hiking boots,
they have good ankle support. If not, I have plenty of good books and DVDs and will of course do a
load of throws.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Love,love, love cabbage soup!! Mom used to make it and it was delicious. Yours looks amazing!!

M maggiedemi mags,29 pairs of jeans??? hee, hee, that is so you!! Love your order from Aldi's. Is the pineapple good?

klunick klunick Your babies are so sweet!!

neely neely I probably would've bought all the chocolate bars, hee, hee

Elphaba09 Elphaba09 Go Baby Hobbit!!💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee Relaxed Fit jeans.
Those are actually on my wishlist, but the bootcut version. Hee hee. Yes I have a wishlist of more jeans. :lol:

I placed warm throws on it last night and placed warm ones from the dryer on my red chair this morning.
Awww. The freedom to wash & dry blankets whenever you want. Someday soon I hope... :cloud9:

mags,29 pairs of jeans??? hee, hee, that is so you!! Love your order from Aldi's. Is the pineapple good?
Hee hee. Yes, it's crazy, I went from hot sauce to jeans. I have 30 more pair I want to try on my wishlist. :lol: Yes, the pineapple is good.

My positive is there is this guy with a dog the past few days on my walk. I don't know if he is a show dog, but the guy has all these props in his truck. He takes them out and sets them up in the empty field. The dog runs through and over stuff, and chases different toys. I never saw anything like it. I love watching the dog have so much fun. Hopefully I can talk to them one of these days. But for now we just wave to each other. 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.