The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This could be a positive, depends on how you look at it. I only intended to keep half of my Kohls order. I got 2 pair of each brand of jeans because I wasn't sure if I needed Regular length or Long length. I was going to send the ones that didn't fit back. But...I got them in different colors & both lengths fit fine. So...I'm keeping everything. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I visited with a group of friends today, plenty of social distancing. One of the women lives in a complex near a lake with swans and ducks. She ordered several pizzas and we sat on the patio chatting about all kinds of things. With everything going on in the world now it was a nice reminder that we all need to find something positive in our day. 🦢🦆
(I took a video and tried to post it but no luck, will try again later.)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I visited with a group of friends today, plenty of social distancing. One of the women lives in a complex near a lake with swans and ducks. She ordered several pizzas and we sat on the patio chatting about all kinds of things. With everything going on in the world now it was a nice reminder that we all need to find something positive in our day. 🦢🦆
(I took a video and tried to post it but no luck, will try again later.)

That sounds so fun!! Too much confinement with the same people is not healthy. I will sit
on my deck with my neighbor, talk and have a beverage. The chairs are more than 6 feet
apart. She had gall bladder surgery in August and is still recovering from it. I loaned her
the DVD, The RIng, and she said it scared her sooo badly but in a fun way.

I hope to be able to sit out for a bit and maybe watch a movie at some point in time.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went into the living room this morning, I noticed one of the little pumpkins on the TV stand was missing. I finally found it shoved between the couch and the end table in what we call "the tunnel". But as I was looking for it, Gracie goes and steals another one. :angrywoman:
20201010_085502.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shes just a basic kitten in the fall...gotta have her pumpkins! :fallsmiley::lol:

My positive...Mooch jumped from the floor to her chair instead of using her steps! I saw her looking up at me from the floor when I was on the couch the other day looking like she was going to jump but instead she decided to go use her steps. She hasn't jumped up like that in well over a year! She's also been climbing her cat tree every day since we put a step-stool by the base. She looked like she wanted to use the highest perch; but I put stuff there because that makes me nervous for jumping down's sake. She's been more playful the last few weeks too. I've found her digging in the bucket of cat toys and she's been chasing a shoelace with my kids. Go Moochie! :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and his fiancee have been working on their house. Today, I did epoxy countertops (I did mine a few tears ago.) Two of his friends came over and they are painting. They are leaving the log cabin framing, and my son put one of his statues in one of the notches. I found it today. He is such a dork. (He and his sister leave weird things around my house. It is just something they do.)

I made them two wreaths to hang on the back and front doors.

The physical therapy is helping Hobbit! He can sit on his own for long periods of time without wobbling. He still is "just" army crawling and doing the feet on floor and butt in the air "crawl." He can also stand for short periods of time while holding on to something.

image (20).jpg image (19).jpg 20201001_121340.jpg 20201001_121724.jpg 20201010_150120.jpg 20201010_150323.jpg 20201010_150715.jpg 20201010_150132.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie goes and steals another one.
I just love spunky little Gracie. 😍

How cool are these napkins!
Pretty fall color! 🍁

He can also stand for short periods of time while holding on to something.
Oh look at his cute little baby jeans! You had to know I would notice those with my jeans obsession. :)

My positive is I found two warm shirts that I want to buy. One is "Cinnamon Beige" color and the other is "Gingerbread". The colors just sound so festive and perfect for fall/winter. 🍂

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi The coffee sounds good. I have a small French press. I'm thinking of buying
some beans and making a cup now and then
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Aww......darling Mooch jumping, sweet girl!!
neely neely I've been eating on my deck when possible, I love eating outside in this type of weather
klunick klunick You'll probably find more missing, ha!!
betsygee betsygee The napkins are so beautifully crafted! They look like something that should be sold
in high-end shops.

I sat on the deck yesterday and read for a short while. Nicole sent down meat loaf, masted potatoes
and fresh cauliflower, so good! I washed my sweat pants after Amazon delivered them. I looked at
the tag and it read Hand Wash? I looked at the tag of the first pair I bought. (I liked the first pair so
much so I bought a second pair when then they went on sale). They are also hand wash only but
I read it as machine wash in cold water, dry flat. I washed them in the machine on delicate in cold
water and they look fine. They are the softest sweats/lounge pants I've ever had and I can wear
them in public!! Nicole gave me long-sleeved T-shirts for my bd and with all the hand-me-downs
that Julie gave me, I'm pretty well set for the cold months.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I am normally very disappointed on Sundays because the weekend flew by. But with tomorrow being Columbus Day and having the day off, today is like Saturday Part 2.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I just posted, but...
Cute! I would borrow that cookie monster suit, it looks so warm. :lol:

I washed them in the machine on delicate in cold
water and they look fine.
Yeah, I would just use the delicate cycle. It's too hard to wring out wet clothes, that's why I never hand wash, and they drip all over.

My positive is I really like this bag of Starbucks Italian Roast! It's really strong. Their coffee is a little more expensive, but seems to be more flavorful. Or maybe it's the roast that I like. 👍☕

Status
Not open for further replies.