Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
And one more pic just for fun! 🦢🦆

View attachment 354649
I love watching swans.. I think they are so peaceful... but, be careful approaching them.. especially when there is a nest involved!! They are vicious!

Once they mate, they bond for life...dedicated to each other.

We used to have a couple of them, on a creek. They mated, had a family... Everyone went down to watch them. One time, when my dad as alive, I took him down to see them.

OMG!! So protective of their babies.. The parents were were attacking the car!! OMG...

I still love watching them.. I could sit, watching them all day...

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive: Mogi slept with (or on) me last night. :happycat:
She is the cat most easily intimidated by my other younger cats and I feel guilty about many things but particularly about taking down the curtains in the bedroom. The other cats would shove and push each other to get on the bed but she was happy to sleep on the windowsill behind the curtains on top of the heating. The curtains came down because new windows will be installed at the end of the month. Mogi has started crying out at night .......again.

When I go to bed, all cats follow me and although there is no real fighting, the battle starts. There is plenty of room on the bed but no cat will tolerate another cat as sleeping partner. The contestants are Emily, Katy and Mogy. Another cat may watch but only as spectator!

If I am unlucky Bossy Cat (Emily) will win. She's not my favorite sleeping partner but she has most say in what goes on in my cat household. My favorite is perhaps Katy who doesn't move the whole night but causes me a lot of pain when I get cramp in my legs or feet and can't move in case I disturb her. I would love to have Mogi more often on the bed, perhaps not every night - she will bite me if my hand strays to stroke her or to feel which cat is pinning me down.

But yesterday. I went to bed early. Mogi came with me, the other cats were all asleep in the living room. At first Mogi was under the bed, waiting to see if Bossy Cat or Katy turned up. I switched out the light and felt her jump on me and start kneading my legs. She fell asleep next to me and was still there when I felt to check which cat was taking up so much space. She bit me of course. She left before it was time to get up and Katy, a happy, soft, furry bundle, took her place until breakfast time.

Last night, Mogi did not cry out in the night!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I am setting myself up for an easier next couple of days. Went to the grocery store today so I won't have to tomorrow after work. Started on the laundry so I won't have to do it tomorrow or Friday. I am going to strip my bed and remake it with my new flannel sheets so I will only have to strip and remake 2 beds on Saturday. (Oldest does his own bedding when he feels like it. )

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is my cooking seems to be getting better. I threw a packet of stevia in my stir-fry today and I couldn't believe the improvement in taste! I hope I can create more recipes that I like. I just throw things in the pan and hope for the best. Maybe not the best way to cook, but I love to create!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to have Mogi more often on the bed, perhaps not every night - she will bite me if my hand strays to stroke her or to feel which cat is pinning me down.
Ha!!! so she bites! Sounds like your bed is nice and comfy with so many who snuggle with you.

M maggiedemi Maybe you'll have your own show on the Food Network!
artiemom artiemom I didn't know swans mated for life!
neely neely It's nice that you're meeting up with friends! I love the pics!

Yesterday was so beautiful. I again viewed Mitch's trees. Read for a bit, ate a few Granny Smith's
with caramel, yum. I had a sausage and biscuit from Wendy's. Their biscuits taste homemade!
Nicole and I were talking about my mom's German potato salad and how neither one of us has
the recipe. She served it hot...sooo good. She also made an amazing spinach salad with warm
bacon dressing and I think I have the recipe somewhere.

If it doesn't rain I'll enjoy the outdoors again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my mom's German potato salad and how neither one of us has
the recipe. She served it hot
Yum! I love the idea of serving it warm. Also the warm dressing on the salad. Please let us know if you find the recipes.

My positive is that I'm researching different types of sugar that will be fun to try- Demerara Sugar, Turbinado Sugar, Pourable Light Brown Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar. I'm not a big sugar eater, but I do like it on toast. It will be fun to try them and note the differences.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum! I love the idea of serving it warm. Also the warm dressing on the salad. Please let us know if you find the recipes.

My positive is that I'm researching different types of sugar that will be fun to try- Demerara Sugar, Turbinado Sugar, Pourable Light Brown Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar. I'm not a big sugar eater, but I do like it on toast. It will be fun to try them and note the differences.

When I went vegan I started using Sugar In The Raw Turbinado sugar. I loved it. I used it when I made brownies, pudding and I used it in coffee and cereal. I quit using white sugar because I found out they used bone char to whiten cane sugar.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I will, mags. I love toast with brown sugar mixed with cinnamon.

neely neely What kind of dog? Did Carleton see him?

I started a new book, One by one by Ruth Ware, soo good, then when it got too chilly I went in
and watched The Blair Witch Project. K will be here for 3 hours instead of 2 so she'll be able
to catch up on some things.

Cal threw up a hairball and food landed on 3 throws and a sheet...groan. Put them in the washer
this morning, double rinse with fabric softener and they're now drying. She always looks scared
when she does that and I've never ever scolded her. She finally came back on the bed after I
put clean bedding and throws on.

Going to be sunny today although chilly. Perfect day for a walkabout. :sunshine: :jive: :yess:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I will, mags. I love toast with brown sugar mixed with cinnamon.

neely neely What kind of dog? Did Carleton see him?

I started a new book, One by one by Ruth Ware, soo good, then when it got too chilly I went in
and watched The Blair Witch Project. K will be here for 3 hours instead of 2 so she'll be able
to catch up on some things.

Cal threw up a hairball and food landed on 3 throws and a sheet...groan. Put them in the washer
this morning, double rinse with fabric softener and they're now drying. She always looks scared
when she does that and I've never ever scolded her. She finally came back on the bed after I
put clean bedding and throws on.

Going to be sunny today although chilly. Perfect day for a walkabout. :sunshine: :jive: :yess:
Ohhh.. poor Cal... I know how that goes... ugh.. a mess to clean up, but they really cannot help it.

Geoffrey is different, than Cal, after vomiting. He usually comes over to me.. letting me know something is wrong. I clean it up; sometimes he watches. Then he goes over and eats!! It is as if it was a relief to his belly...

I am expecting another one, any day. He seems to not be eating as much.. sigh.
He is a bit strange.. Each time he looks Fat; and when I comment on it, he will automatically cut back on his food intake for a while.

This afternoon and tonight, we are getting a lot of rain. The positive is that we really need it, as we are in drought conditions. Right now, it is grey out there.

A good day to stay in, make phone calls... Have not been having a good week, so I am glad I am staying inside.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is snowing here this morning and it put an instant smile on my face. Seeing the puppy’s first reaction to it was also cute. Miss Eveliina ventured out on the door step with me to check things out too. She doesn’t mind the snow at all.
Happy morning 🙂

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve got Mooch on my lap, a whole chicken breast in the crock pot (with sliced lemons and some sherry for fun), and my mom stopped by for a visit since she was in the area. Oh and my fall lights on in the kitchen since its such a gloomy day. 🍁🍂🍁
3FD87C1C-2DCA-4D03-B091-8016550C5312.jpeg

Getting sleeeepy. 🥰
15692D9E-666A-47A7-BDD3-1E3B135B279A.jpeg

Excuse the giant bags of clothing in the background. DH is supposed to drop them off for donation tomorrow. I just have to tell him first. :lol2: :crazy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is we got our Aldi order tonight. They didn't have either of my 2 BBQ sauces, Carolina or Kansas City, so they substituted Original & Honey. They didn't have Pink Lady Apples, so they substituted Honey Crisp. They didn't have either of my granolas, so they substituted one I already have, and a chocolate granola. I don't like chocolate! I'll give it a try though. It could be fun.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve got Mooch on my lap, a whole chicken breast in the crock pot (with sliced lemons and some sherry for fun), and my mom stopped by for a visit since she was in the area. Oh and my fall lights on in the kitchen since its such a gloomy day. 🍁🍂🍁
View attachment 355120
Getting sleeeepy. 🥰
View attachment 355123

Excuse the giant bags of clothing in the background. DH is supposed to drop them off for donation tomorrow. I just have to tell him first. :lol2: :crazy:
Moochie is such a beauty! I bet is was nice and cozy having her on the sofa with you.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza, it's cold but we're going to have a very sunny day with high's in upper 50s. I was able
to sit on the deck and read yesterday for awhile. I wore my parka, beanie, scarf, and boots, but
I got too hot and changed to a hoodie. I need to buy a thin but warm pair of gloves with the finger
parts cut off.

Fed Will and Roberto this morning. Little Chrissie has gone back to being more feral. He won't eat
the wet food I give him unless I go inside and he growls at me till I go in. I'm not sure what happened.
He was letting me pet him and seemed to like it but I'm just happy to see him eat and that's the important
part.

M maggiedemi mags, Pink Ladies are one of the last apples to harvest, about a week before Granny's.
Can't wait!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They didn't have either of my 2 BBQ sauces, Carolina or Kansas City, so they substituted Original & Honey. They didn't have Pink Lady Apples, so they substituted Honey Crisp.
I hope you like the Honeycrisps, they are my husband and my favorite apples. 🍎

Little Chrissie has gone back to being more feral. He won't eat
the wet food I give him unless I go inside and he growls at me till I go in. I'm not sure what happened.
Maybe he's just being protective of his food. :dunno: Hopefully next time he visits he will let you pet him again.:crossfingers:

It's supposed to be a gloomy, windy day so I planned to sleep in this morning but Carleton had other plans, lol. He woke me up with a minor hairball then digging in the litter box so I decided to get up, make breakfast and relax with my coffee. I turned on the news but it was so depressing with the Covid numbers rising once again that I changed the channel to TCM. I watched a black/white movie called, She Loved a Fireman, which I never heard of but I enjoyed it and, best of all, it had a happy ending. 👍

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got up early to get my bloodwork done so I stopped for coffee and a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin afterwards. I am a night person so early for me is anything before 10. :paperbag:🤪 I almost made it early enough to get Chick-fil-A for breakfast but I didn’t think I would get there in time. A chicken biscuit sounded really tasty. :yummy: But I ended up with Dunkin’s veggie egg white with turkey sausage on a multigrain bagel and it was really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.