The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Baby Cookie Monster!! Absolutely too cute!!

My positive: I introduced DD to my favorite book series from when I was her age and she is LOVING it! I’m trying to be a little “hands off” about it and let her discover it for herself so I’m thrilled she’s taking to it like I did. She was a struggling reader for a long time too. So its so great to see her enjoying reading like this!

I kept my copies of the entire series; but I got her a compilation copy of the first 5 books. So now I’m on Ebay, Amazon and Thriftbooks looking for more for her. DS is also finally into a book series of graphic novels; so I’m searching for deals on those. The wait at the library is about 10 weeks for each book!! 🤪

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
According to 2017 research published in the Human-Animal Interaction Bulletin, self-identified cat lovers tended to have higher intelligence than dog lovers do.
Interesting but what if you love both, cats and dogs?

My positive is getting up early this morning and exercising 3 1/2 miles on the elliptical. Now I'm starving, lol. Exercise always gives me an appetite.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I introduced DD to my favorite book series from when I was her age and she is LOVING it!
What's the name of the books?

My positive is I just ordered a bunch of fun stuff in our Aldi order for Friday! Kansas City bbq sauce, Carolina bbq sauce, pink lady apples, cotton candy grapes, pumpkin spice bagels, harvest bagels with cranberries/seeds/whole grains, 2 different granolas, vegetarian chickenless tenders & patties. We'll see if I get everything I ordered or if they substitute anything. So exciting. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

My positive is I just ordered a bunch of fun stuff in our Aldi order for Friday! Kansas City bbq sauce, Carolina bbq sauce, pink lady apples, cotton candy grapes, pumpkin spice bagels, harvest bagels with cranberries/seeds/whole grains, 2 different granolas, vegetarian chickenless tenders & patties. We'll see if I get everything I ordered or if they substitute anything. So exciting. :thumbsup:
Everything in your order sounds really delicious.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its the Mandie series from Lois Gladys Leppard. They are mysteries set around 1900. I had forgotten that she saw the movie they turned the first book into. I won’t watch it because I feel want to change what it looks like in my head. :lol: But so far its not ruining the book for her. Im not sure if shes on Mandie and the Secret Tunnel or Mandie and the Cherokee Legend. I want to reread them myself.:lol:

My favorite author released a book today too. Its a good thing I didn’t notice before I went to bed at 2something this morning. I might have skipped sleep altogether.:read:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Its the Mandie series from Lois Gladys Leppard. They are mysteries set around 1900. I had forgotten that she saw the movie they turned the first book into. I won’t watch it because I feel want to change what it looks like in my head. :lol: But so far its not ruining the book for her. Im not sure if shes on Mandie and the Secret Tunnel or Mandie and the Cherokee Legend. I want to reread them myself.:lol:

My favorite author released a book today too. Its a good thing I didn’t notice before I went to bed at 2something this morning. I might have skipped sleep altogether.:read:
I have a set of Nancy Drew novels which I just loved as an early teen. No grandchildren to give them to but I just can’t seem to part with them .

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just spent a hour and a half out in the yard obliterating leaves with the mower. It’s just such a satisfying thing to do and so much more fun that raking and bagging. Not done for the season by a long shot, I will probably have to do it again in a few days but for now the yard is almost leaf free.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Background: my eye doctor's appointment, originally scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30 was rescheduled, until NEXT MAY!! I was furious. I understand about Covid, but... this is ridiculous. No cancellation list, either!!

Mind you, in September, it was a year from last appointment....

While I am not one to officially complain (I usually grumble).... I ended up sending a very crazed
e-mail to my eye doctor. She is located in the same hospital I used to work at, so I know her
e-mail address.

The next day, I got a phone call from her assistant. She apologized, saying that my doctor was furious at this! I was able to get an appointment for December--better than May..
She said she would work on getting me in earlier..

Postive:
This afternoon, I got a phone call from the assistant. She said I can come in Tomorrow!! at 1:30pm!!!

OMG... such a positive.. not that I am really having issues, but, I only go once a year, have very mild cataracts, and have had these glasses for 2 years, same prescription. I feel as I may need a new prescription or a new pair of lenses..

I was also found to have had a small tear in the lattice, which healed over on it's own.. all I saw was a bit of black spots.. and it healed...so I feel better about getting the appointment.

I guess sometimes it does help to complain.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally caught up on grading DD’s grammar and writing. :woohoo:
artiemom artiemom My dad is in a similar predicament with his eye doctor. He NEEDS cataract surgery on one eye. He commutes 2 hours one way for work. I can’t believe he hasn’t complained but rescheduling people is the norm with his practice; its not covid. Its unacceptable! But that’s for a different thread. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is Walmart gave us a cute little gift bag with our order. There seemed to be something for everybody in it- a chocolate chip granola bar for dad, a pineapple coconut water for mom, and 2 cracker samples for me. I don't usually eat crackers, but these were really good! One was tomato & cheese, and the other was potato & cheese. I ate them for lunch on a plate of stir-fry. So fun.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Was a nice day yesterday..a bit chilly in the morning but warmed up nicely. The foliage is so
pretty. The neighbors are either sides of me have such, tall, pretty trees. The birds were having
a concert, very loud, the blue jays were off key as usual, hee, hee

I plan on spending some time on the deck.

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the shoulder and biceps tendon surgery that caused the RSD/CRPS.
I didn't think I could live 20 days with it and here I am, 20 years later!! I have some bad days but the important
thing is I get through them. :yess: :clap::sunshine::jive:

Status
Not open for further replies.