The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thanks for the compliment on the deck and I will keep the cleats in mind they use them on the scaffold planks at work. I can't use the ones from work as they use 2x8 at work and the stairs are two 2x6 for the treads.

R raysmyheart I have seen figurines similar to yours but a lot of what I come across is chipped, scratched or cracked:(

The last figurine I posted was made by Blue Mountain Pottery from Collingwood, Ontario, Canada. I should have said it is common to see in Ontario but I am not certain of the rest of the country.

The following figurine is polished aluminum from Hoselton they are in Colborne, Ontario.

Hoselton Alum Cat.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Most positive for me is that I am enjoying the hot, sunny weather we are having here in the northeast United States, I wait for this all year long! I don't know why I love this weather so much, it is the weather that makes me feel at my best! It is currently 93F / 33C here and we might have some thundershowers later in the day. The humidity is 50% which I don't mind with the open blue sky, it would be a little hard to take with a cloud cover, I do admit.:) All that being said, it is important to take precautions if you either love or don't care for this weather, because the heat can quickly sneak up on you and make you weak.

foxxycat foxxycat , Honeybee and Pumpkin take the best photos, of course, they are just so pretty anyway!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , to be near all those orchards and fruit growing fields is Heavenly for sure! Summer fruit season is the best!

No gooseberries allowed in Calif. I sure do miss them.

Did I hear you say Gooseberries? Well, thank you! It reminds me that this season is short and I must get to my local and wonderful farmstand, now in full swing, to get these treasures. Ken and Lisa do some Gooseberries, Redcurrants and Groundcherries each year and they do go very quickly each day of their season!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , the vegetables you are harvesting sound wonderful and the zucchini are my favorite. For my zucchini pasta, of course.

All the wonderful posts here are very uplifting.
@HellsBells80 , nothing beats seeing our cats having fun with their toys, I am so glad your kitty is feeling better!

Shane Kent Shane Kent , belated 25th Anniversary Best Wishes to yourself and Karen!

@ileen , I do love the great frames you made with shells you have collected. They are so pretty! I am also a shell-seeker when I visit the shore!

no shells left on the beaches of SoCal, just little pieces of broken shells, I wonder what happened.

The weather has been hot here and on the way home from work Sunday, the sun was a beautiful ball of orange setting over the field. The photo does not quite capture all the brilliance, but you can see it was a pretty end to a hot day! View attachment 239899

Last edited by a moderator:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Alice catlady Happy to help on the painting. I would love that color on my walls!
Your poor kitties. They did have a traumatic day but your description of the Halloween cat reaction made me laugh. I hope the kitties are okay!
@2rescuekitties Your kitties will be having to dart their heads back and forth to keep up with the hummers! They will love it!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The Rose of Sharon is lovely. I always enjoy any flower in the Hibiscus family. We have the Swamp Mallows here and they are favored by many beautiful pollinators.
Shane Kent Shane Kent and R raysmyheart I love seeing all the kitty figurines. I have a few myself. Every time I have to dust them I consider mailing them your direction!!! Lol
@margd Thank you for sharing those gorgeous shots of the big cats. Elegant kitties!
Furballsmom Furballsmom Legos and Crazy quilts. Fun to see! I am positive the stitching on that quilt is incredible.
My positive for today is that my “very feral” rescue has suddenly become a love bug! Today she decided I am trustworthy and was all over me! It took months to catch her so I am quite surprised at her affection. She has actively avoided me before now. A wonderful change of opinion. Thrasher purred and even climbed into my lap. Because of her history I am amazed that she survived and I am brought to happy tears to see her complete joy. Happy, well, safe and spayed. Her life has changed and she has adapted. Go Thrasher! I never imagined that this particular cat would settle in at all but she has done it in a couple of weeks! Cats are awesome!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I have a Monarch caterpillar in my garden, I took a picture of it but not sure if it can be seen. It's cream colored with dark rings and long feelers and equally long things sticking out of its tail end.

For some reason this pic will not download, mssg says to pick a correct file, I give up

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bird feeders have just been filled for the many beautiful birds that visit here. Especially, there are many finches with striking red that come to visit, I don't remember them last year, I think it is because I have added more safflower seeds to the mix. They are a delight to watch and listen to.:daisy: :bluebutterfly: :daisy: :purplebutterfly: :daisy: :butterfly: :daisy:

Have a good day, all!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It is absolutely gorgeous outside right now! Blue blue sky and warm 83 but no humidity.

I got in another bike ride for the week. Only 3 times this week.

Now to head to my book closet at an antique store and load up puzzles and recycling some books that haven't moved. Stephen King is really popular these days! I recently got one of his short story books and will read that this weekend while the rains come in on Sunday or work on a puzzle.

I got some pictures of Honeybee as I was teasing her...she thought I had a treat for her...but nope she just wanted to use me as a chew toy.
:lol:
20180720_102505.jpg

20180720_102439.jpg

And some pictures this morning of flowers

20180720_055457.jpg

False sunflowers open now-they definitely don't like shade. The ones in shady areas are very short. These ones are waist high.

20180720_055503.jpg

And these are blazing glory If I recall. I can send seeds if someone wants to grow these. They self seed and start out like grass then grow this lovely flower. Bees and butterflies love these. Drought and water tolerant. Prefer 6+ hours of sun. I don't water these as much as other plants and they do just fine. I have some growing at work by mailbox and never get watered. It's windy and hot sun. They do just fine. They grow bulbs once mature.

20180720_055503.jpg

The front garden that came with the house back in 2005 but I added to it.

20180720_055435.jpg

Screenshot_20180720-145619_Gallery.jpg

The front steps. The bees and butterflies are going nuts this year.
:yess:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is absolutely gorgeous outside right now! Blue blue sky and warm 83 but no humidity.

I got in another bike ride for the week. Only 3 times this week.

Now to head to my book closet at an antique store and load up puzzles and recycling some books that haven't moved. Stephen King is really popular these days! I recently got one of his short story books and will read that this weekend while the rains come in on Sunday or work on a puzzle.

I got some pictures of Honeybee as I was teasing her...she thought I had a treat for her...but nope she just wanted to use me as a chew toy.
:lol:
View attachment 243354
View attachment 243355
And some pictures this morning of flowers

View attachment 243356
False sunflowers open now-they definitely don't like shade. The ones in shady areas are very short. These ones are waist high.

View attachment 243357
And these are blazing glory If I recall. I can send seeds if someone wants to grow these. They self seed and start out like grass then grow this lovely flower. Bees and butterflies love these. Drought and water tolerant. Prefer 6+ hours of sun. I don't water these as much as other plants and they do just fine. I have some growing at work by mailbox and never get watered. It's windy and hot sun. They do just fine. They grow bulbs once mature.

View attachment 243357

The front garden that came with the house back in 2005 but I added to it.

View attachment 243358

View attachment 243359
The front steps. The bees and butterflies are going nuts this year.
:yess:
foxxycat foxxycat - I swear, one of these nights when you're asleep, I'm gonna come and dig up your whole yard, catnap Bee and Pumps, and move everything to Olcott Beach!

§ .§ .§ .§ .§

Things are beginning to cool down here once more, as we slip back through the seventies and into the sixties this evening. For anyone who hasn't tried this year's early crop of sweet corn - holy cow, what are you waitin' for? It's like sugar on the cob!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , I'm totally sharing your happiness about those cats!!
For those of you who might not know, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine referenced noseeums. That's a real insect, and VERY irritating.

An update, the honey crisp apple tree is looking good!!

...that's just not even fair, LOL! Colorado sweet corn simply isn't up to par with south dakota's or iowa's sweet corn. I can remember an invitation from a farmer one year, back when. PIcking that sweet corn right out of a south dakota field, some of it didn't even make it home. It's that good when it's good.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:oops: It's been a LONG time since I've posted here, and I've had many posts to read to catch up -- gorgeous photos, great news (the greatest being about cats getting vetted, rescued, and adopted, of course!) and interesting PAWSitive news! Thanks everyone for all the great posts. We're basking in the glow of a nice clean house, all doing well, but kind of dreading next week when there will be another "Excessive Heat Warning" from Mon-Thurs. :eek::shocked: Just hoping it changes and won't be that bad. But after all, it IS late July, and there IS climate change...:gaah: But for right now, things are PAWSitive and it's time to work out, feed everyone, and relax for a bit!

Shane Kent Shane Kent -- really love all of your new acquisitions especially Tongue Out Thursday! :crackup:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat , Honeybee is a very beautiful cat. Also very awesome are your photos of the flowers, what variety and color!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , enjoy the sweet corn! This is a great season!

I visited a very beautiful area closeby today. It used to be a dairy farm with beautiful cows, but the business is no longer there. However, there is still a place to get ice cream as there always was. You can sit outside and enjoy the scenery, it is on a hilltop.

Today I was amazed at the pasture that had loads of Queen Anne's Lace and Thistle. Butterflies, dragonflies, and bees were all about the flowers.
20180720_161758.jpg

There were many birds, also. I thought some may be barn swallows and I did for sure recognize finches with vibrant yellow, but they did not stay still long enough to capture a photo.
20180720_161750.jpg

I did have luck in snapping pictures of the butterflies on the beautiful thistle flowers.
20180720_161812-1-1.jpg

I should say, there was a lot of milkweed growing, too. All wonderful plants you would see in a pasture.
20180720_164440.jpg

For sure, I will be going back before the Summer passes, I think I really found some treasures today!
20180720_164223.jpg

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An update, the honey crisp apple tree is looking good!!
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Thank Heavens! An orchard one road to the south had just the first signs of Fireblight three years back, and they ended up clearing two rows. It's a stopgap measure, and thankfully it worked.

...that's just not even fair, LOL! Colorado sweet corn simply isn't up to par with south dakota's or iowa's sweet corn. I can remember an invitation from a farmer one year, back when. PIcking that sweet corn right out of a south dakota field, some of it didn't even make it home. It's that good when it's good.

It's even better when the farmer grows the great old heirloom varieties, and his Wife stops over with an armload!

;)

:oops: It's been a LONG time since I've posted here, and I've had many posts to read to catch up
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Everyone here has missed you and your posts. I haven't, of course, because I'm an old curmudgeon, but everyone else has.

;)

It's great to see you back again!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl let the bf pet her while she was on the cat tree today. She's been running away from him because she's a brat (also, I keep telling him he's trying too hard and what worked with his cat won't necessarily work with Lelia) so it made my heart happy that she allowed him to do this.

He's also planning me a mini vacation for my upcoming birthday. Good man, that.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine thank you for the good wishes regarding that apple tree! And three cheers for that orchard that their approach worked!!

...heh, you're not spoiled or anything, LOL

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I keep telling 1catoverthelineplusBOB that old only applies to Scotch, California redwoods, you know, that sort of thing :D

Woop Woop so glad you're back!!

@Lari , sounds like a keeper :thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our weather has been beautiful the last few days so the kids have been able to play outside a lot and gardening has been much more pleasant! We picked all of these jalapeños off one plant today! I'm going to chop most up and freeze them in portions for winter. I have a lime chili marinade recipe they are delicious in.

The camera keeps light/color correcting the orange pepper to yellow. Its a "snacker" variety and the only other good pepper I've gotten off my pepper plants so far. The cherry tomatoes are coming in nicely though! The plants must be 6 feet tall by now. Its like a nice privacy screen. :lol:

IMG_4944.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today must be quick. The four that went for the interview were accepted. They also did so well they went straight out to the adoption floor, even though it is kitten season. No hold backs for kittens! That speaks well for the four. Beautiful kitties and beautifully behaved. The silver tabby is stunning and the Blue Smoke a Flff Ball. That grey tabby is very dark and handsome and the grey tabby has amazing eyes, talks a lot and will take over the place with personality. I have great hope for them all. A very positive thing for these rescued kitties. Yay!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had the bright idea that I would paint our bedroom in a really dark color.
Wow, I love that! It works so well with your yellow pillow. Very nice

Estimate (made from about six inches away): 24 - 26 mm length. Notice the direction it's looking? Right toward Japan, and Norachan Norachan and her ponies!
No! Don't let it come over here! We have plenty of flies and bugs already. A couple of the ponies I ride have fly bite allergies. As well as the usual meds they dust the horses down with baby powder to stop the itching. Have you ever ridden a pony that smells of baby powder? It's a surreal experience.

a few images from trail cameras put out by Panthera
Oh, aren't they beautiful?! :thud:

I want a new trail camera. My old one still works fine, but it's been dropped a few times and it's being held together with tape. They're such useful things and I've seen all sorts of interesting wildlife with mine.

Today there was this cat figurine.
*Gasp* My grandma used to have a pair of those with a cobalt blue glaze, rather than the green.

This weekend's positive is that I have a pile of recycled timber sawn up ready for another project. I feel a new kitty kennel/climbing frame may be on the way.

:anticipation:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine now now no digging up the lawn allowed and Pumps will hide forever if she was catnapped. Bee is too easy to lead with a bag of treats which I am sure you have plenty. And maybe I will catnap some of your kitties for Honeybee. Lol she needs a kitty she can dominate and groom for hours lol.

R raysmyheart I love the pictures! I was wondering what that white lacy flower was because I had forgotten about the name queen Ann's lace. I love the thistle. The flowers have been really good this year!

Norachan Norachan that sounds like a fun project!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 glad to see you back and I was wondering what you were up to. Staying cool I hope!

Jcatbird Jcatbird glad to hear that kitties got adopted!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles those peppers look lovely! A neighbor has some bell peppers growing out front and they are getting huge!

Yesterday took some more pictures of flowers....

20180720_165056.jpg

I had forgotten about the two yucka plants that were planted long before I moved here. Even in drought they bloom. I had to put a brick at the base to keep it from laying on the ground. Other than that it's doing welll.

20180720_165029.jpg

Clemantis doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.