The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved several yards of gravel this weekend at the cottage. My computer geek hands are a little beat up from the shovel and wheelbarrow. At least I got it done and over with. It's always nice to be one step closer to being completed:)

Of course a trip to the cottage wouldn't be complete if I didn't hit a small town flea market.

IMG_1487.JPG

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Enjoy your vacation R raysmyheart Are you going anywhere or is it a staycation?

I love your garden foxxycat foxxycat I bought a hosta a few weeks ago, like you suggested, and it hasn't died yet.

:yess:

My positive is that I'm going horse riding tomorrow. I have to get up at the crack of eight, so I can get the kitties fed and get down to the stables before it's too hot to move. Fingers crossed for a nice cool breeze.

:crossfingers:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Norachan Norachan i have yet to kill a hosta. I remember the year I had one in a plastic shopping bag and forgot to water regularly and it thrived. So yes it may not get as big with a drought but doesn't mind excess water either.

This morning I realized that I forgot to water the back container of those queen of heart petunias and look like they are on their last legs! I watered and pulled off all the dead blossoms and remembered looking over at it this weekend and they looked fine. In a few days I will feed them some fertilizer after snipping them back and they should be fine. I always forget about those flowers out back.

This morning there were some light purple bee balm opening up and I saw a bumblebee! So in the next week we should see more color in that side garden. I have to snip back the daisies that have now passed by. They lasted quite awhile!

20180715_122013.jpg

Here was Pumpkin Face on Sunday. I rarely see her venture to the front yard. Since we have been doing the laser therapy she seems to be walking around more with ease. She is such a good girl.
I tapped on the window to get her to look at me.

20180713_132957.jpg

On my long bike ride the other day on Friday took a picture of these catonine tails along the way.

20180717_102734.jpg

The left container on my front step spilling over. It smells really good around here with all the flowers! Supertunias are doing just fine here!

20180716_061112.jpg
hosta doing well. The other 2 dont have as many blossoms due to dry conditions. And this spot is shady.

Saturday we went to a couple of yard sales-not much to write home about but we went to eat at a local breakfast place and they had this home made bread with breakfast! It was fabulous!

20180714_100818.jpg

The raisin bread above was absolutely delicious! The wheat bread I had wasn't bad either! The slices are as big as our plate! Thats pawsitive!

Sorry about the all over discussion as I had forgotten about these photos until I was reviewing my pictures! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday an electrician came to the apartment. Our wiring is not positive, so we won't talk about that, but Lelia was completely fascinated. She would crawl out from under the chair and watch him and sniff his tools, until he actually looked at her and then she'd hide again. It was super amusing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi all! Some great posts here as always!!
Elsewhere, there's a totally devastating, as in cuteness on uber steroids thread by Alice catlady Alice catlady
I had, for the first time ever that I'm aware of, two...!!TWO!! Hummingbirds, at the same time....at the same feeder!!!
Mind boggling, considering this is a combination of eastern plains/semi arid desert/weird suburbia
And, I get to go pick up some food a couple neighborhoods away, still locally available (although it may be discontinued or undergoing new packaging, never good, not sure yet), so no shipping fees, no concerns of overheated delivery trucks to my door and a bit of a discount for in store pickup. This works :)

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a nice thread! :)

I had the bright idea that I would paint our bedroom in a really dark color. For the past 10 years it’s been different shades of white. So I was thinking it was time for something new, and went with this color:

D070F219-A24A-4A6C-BCDF-227DACFF292A.jpeg

Turns out that is one heck of a job! I’m on coat 3, and there is still white spots here and there. :fireblob: Somebody give me strength!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat that raisin bread looks a lot like my favorite, cinnamon roll bread from Trader Joe. If there's a TJ in your area, I advise you to check it out - warning, highly addictive.
I had a lovely weekend at the beach, visiting with family & friends etc. Here are some photos.
Tiny flowers (weeds?) by the ball field in Central Park
IMG_1413.JPG

Check out that lawn! Glad I don't have to mow it.
IMG_1415.JPG

Lovely flowering tree on the median on Broadway
IMG_1417.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG
I spied a bunny in the dunes, very exciting. I didn't know bunnies liked the beach. He hopped away before I could get pictures. I threw some carrots in there, we'll see if I see him again next time. PS Thankfully, the seagulls are not interested in carrots
IMG_1419.JPG
There are a few species of bird that are protected at our beach - common tern, least tern, black skimmer & american oyster catcher. These pics are mostly the oyster catchers & I think least tern.
IMG_1422.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG
IMG_1431.JPG
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1435.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG
IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat and Norachan Norachan - Those Hosta are also great for luring Hummingbirds this time of year. With Spring's nectar offerings dropping off, and the late-Summer wildflowers like Cardinal Flower still on the horizon, Hosta flowers fill that "dead zone" gap perfectly for the little needlenoses.

I spied a bunny in the dunes, very exciting. I didn't know bunnies liked the beach.
ileen ileen - Ain'tcha never heard of Beach Bunnies?

The cool spell is finally upon us here on the shores of Lake Ontario. If the predictions of three days of rain over the week-end come true, perhaps the landscape will green up a bit. Pawsitive: the lawn hasn't grown even as much as an inch in ten days!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , thank you for your vacation wishes! I will be having a stay-ca-tion, not going too far, spending time with Speedy. I do, however, plan on taking a ride to the ocean one day, either to New Hampshire or Maine. The ride to New Hampshire is about an hour and a half drive, to Maine it is a little more. Both States have beautiful beaches and I couldn't go wrong visiting either place. The main attraction for me at any beach is walking the shore, looking for rocks and shells and beach glass. I love to walk in the shallow waves, up and down the beach, I basically do this all day when I go.:fish: This year is different in that I have a camera and I am very much looking forward to taking pictures!

I wish everyone a wonderful day!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went by the pond today and noticed some very wonderful and beautiful flowers I have never seen around here before. They were growing in abundance, immediately offshore, after the cattails and were visited by many bees. Here are the flowers, looking very unique to me and beautiful, as well!

Near the water -
View attachment 241823 View attachment 241825

A closer look -
View attachment 241826 View attachment 241827 View attachment 241828

It was a very interesting find for me, for sure! Has anyone ever spotted these in your area?

R raysmyheart - The Mystery Plant solution is: "Buttonbush."

Cephalanthus occidentalis - Google Search

What appears to be the coming of a long cool spell - a week or more - is here, with the temperature now beginning to drop through the seventies. Mother Nature - the lawn thanks you.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - The Mystery Plant solution is: "Buttonbush."

Cephalanthus occidentalis - Google Search

What appears to be the coming of a long cool spell - a week or more - is here, with the temperature now beginning to drop through the seventies. Mother Nature - the lawn thanks you.
Thank you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , the case of my 'mystery' plant is solved! I was so mystified by this plant with unusual flowers which I posted in this thread last week. It grows by the pond -
20180712_183313.jpg 20180712_182927-1.jpg 20180712_183338-1-1.jpg and look at the very unusual blooms! Thank you for helping me to identify this plant, by the link you provided, I can see it is indeed Buttonbush. It is a new name to me and I am always glad to learn something new, each and every day. Buttonbush is a wonderful name for this plant, but Lollipop Flower or Snowball Blooms or even Pincushions Plant (I just made these up) would not have surprised me at all. Mystery solved.:thanks::cheerleader::rock:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine beach bunnies?? Koff koff too funny LOL
Alice catlady Alice catlady how nice to see you here! And what a fabulous color, it'll be so worth it when you're done.
I don't know if you had a chance to look but Post #1 of this thread talks about the reason, the rules etc. It's every three months/quarterly but started in November so it's not concurrent with a regular year. The last donation was to my charity suggestion the CatCare Society $135 because there were 1350 positive posts. There is an organization selected for the next quarter, but i think not yet for the last?
I'm sitting in the backyard, just watched the opening ceremonies of the All Star game, lots of thunderheads way west of me causing lots of rays of sunlight, busy hummies and a watchful but content cat. All good things!

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine beach bunnies?? Koff koff too funny LOL
Alice catlady Alice catlady how nice to see you here! And what a fabulous color, it'll be so worth it when you're done.
I don't know if you had a chance to look but Post #1 of this thread talks about the reason, the rules etc. It's every three months/quarterly but started in November so it's not concurrent with a regular year. The last donation was to my charity suggestion the CatCare Society $135 because there were 1350 positive posts. There is an organization selected for the next quarter, but i think not yet for the last?
I'm sitting in the backyard, just watched the opening ceremonies of the All Star game, lots of thunderheads way west of me causing lots of rays of sunlight, busy hummies and a watchful but content cat. All good things!
I did, and I also worked out what «pawsitive» was. :lol: English being second language and all that. :paperbag: So that is «pawsitive» number one, I learned something new. :D The second, in regards to my first post, I really do love the color. And even tho going from light to dark proved a bit more work than I imagined, I’m kind of proud of myself. Last time I painted everything, I ended up with two rooms with a bit of color, the rest was almost white. This time around, I’ve been doing a whole lot of color. So I’m feeling pretty brave. :hyper: And honestly, the colors seems to be calming, so I’m really happy about that. :) The color map I’m working with has a lot of blues and greens, so it has a natural and positive vibe to it.

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I had time tonight to come back here to catch up! Many great posts.
What a nice thread! :)

I had the bright idea that I would paint our bedroom in a really dark color. For the past 10 years it’s been different shades of white. So I was thinking it was time for something new, and went with this color:

View attachment 242704

Turns out that is one heck of a job! I’m on coat 3, and there is still white spots here and there. :fireblob: Somebody give me strength!
Love the color choice! Blues and greens are great! Nature colors! Having painted for a living, I understand your frustration at trying to cover the white. A primer paint might help with future color changes. I send you strength for any future painting!
Furballsmom Furballsmom Misty book was given to me as a child. I read it many times as well. I would love to read a book you wrote! “In the tradition of.” Go for it!
Reading of rain, new grass, walking the beach,looking for rocks, flowers, raisin bread and kitties learning how to repair the electrical problems are all great things.
I just spent a week with a borrowed grandson! He spent his time with me discussing rocks, fossils, technology, cameras, cartoons, family, kitties and much more. We have many interests in common. He rummaged through my artifact collections and helped me with the rescue kitties. His father is allergic to kitties so he can’t have one at home. We decided that my Purry can really be his cat but will live here. He loved all the kitties and they loved him! Even my reluctant cats decided he deserved their attention. He was delighted. I am working on socializing some ferals and they allowed him to pet them without hesitation. Glorious for all involved! I am very tired now. He is fifteen and has tons of energy. We stayed up late every night having fun talking about history, science and taking pictures of the kittens. He returned home today but has already called to request a return visit when he is on holiday from school this Fall. I am honored that he wasn’t bored here. Lol It was nice for me to have a young person around again. All very positive!
Today I sent another rescue to be spayed.
Thrasher is home from being spayed and allowing me to pet her. She is actually happy and purring in spite of being a nervous feral. Yay! She is rolling over to have her belly rubbed. Falling over with the joy of petting. I am laughing at the sight of her joy!
Whistle is cleared by the vet for adoption and back to playing again after his illness. All is well at the kitty house!
I am happy to find all is positive for everyone here in spite of electrical issues.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a lovely ride this morning, it was worth getting out of bed early for. Even at 9 am the forest was hot and sticky. We didn't want to tire the poor ponies out, so we took it slow and let them have time in the shade after every canter to cool down a bit.

We're so lucky to have this nice forest to ride in.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thrasher is home from being spayed and allowing me to pet her. She is actually happy and purring in spite of being a nervous feral. Yay! She is rolling over to have her belly rubbed. Falling over with the joy of petting. I am laughing at the sight of her joy!
Jcatbird Jcatbird - Moments like this make everything worthwhile. Having the chance to pet a formerly feral cat - and knowing that Love and patience has at last forged a bond of trust with an essentially wild animal - is a joy which few people will ever know. Bravo to you and to Thrasher!

We're so lucky to have this nice forest to ride in.
Norachan Norachan - You're so right; you're fortunate indeed to live in such a wild and beautiful place! At just about 0:58, the camera tips up slightly, briefly revealing the mountains on the horizon to the west (the shadows, and knowing that it's morning give the direction away), and for a moment, I just wanted to be right there within borrowing distance of Forest Cat. I'd say that this was worth getting up early for.

View attachment 242903

The humidity in Ottawa started to ease yesterday and today is rather nice. We have the doors and windows open at work to get a breeze through. Giving the air conditioner a break. A nice break from the humidity.

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday :)
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Fabulous weather here today as well; just touching seventy degrees now, with fifty percent humidity, and a perfect day for a walk in the woods with the Deer Fly.

Shane - have you seen any of the Pale Giant Horseflies up your way? I've never before seen one, and had to identify it via Google, but man, if one of these fellows got after you, I think it might take your arm off:

palegiant.jpg

Estimate (made from about six inches away): 24 - 26 mm length. Notice the direction it's looking? Right toward Japan, and Norachan Norachan and her ponies!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.