The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Baby Su knows you're happy, so there ya go :thumbsup: :cloud9:

Rain, gee, it's such a really nice concept o_O :bluebutterfly::butterfly::purplebutterfly:

However, I did get this picture this morning of my buddy the praying mantis. I mistakenly thought it was over in the other smaller plant, but such was not the case LOL. Oops.
It's growing, so that means it's eating, and THAT is a good thing - a little organic pest control.
I saved a teeny praying mantis out on the FIV+ patio at the sanctuary a couple of weeks ago, just as Midas and Doodles had begun to take an interest in it. The week before it was a frog hiding behind their litter box. I hate to disappoint the boys, but we played chase with some of their toys to compensate. The praying mantis, btw, seemed pretty cranky about the whole rescue attempt. :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The coffee always tastes better at these times.:)
It really does :lovecat2:
The praying mantis, btw, seemed pretty cranky about the whole rescue attempt. :)
LOL, I've pretty much come to the conclusion they're cranky creatures. Or, they don't have much use for us humans. I can just imagine them having this to "say" about us :rolleyes3:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Dodgers may have lost, but we love 'em anyway :cheerleader::heartshape:
"Wait until next year, Trolley-Dodgers!"

Thanks for the memories, Dodger fans; I haven't seen a Dodger game for over sixty years, and even then, it was only because my Dad wanted to see Mister Robinson play before he left baseball. Dad said that he changed the world, but never got credit for it.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday, dear Lari
Happy birthday to me!

There, just enough words to qualify.
Happy Birthday, Lari Lari , from Speedy and R raysmyheart !! We hope your day is wonderful in every way!

Having seen Lelia decorate a gingerbread house in the holiday photo contest last year, I have no doubt that she would decorate a beautiful birthday cake, also! :wink:

20180619_151809-1-1.jpg
Best Wishes, Lari Lari !!:daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lari Lari :bday:

So round 1 of storms produced nothing here for this backyard, here's hoping round 2 is a little more forthcoming with the water :fish: Hmmm, s'pose I oughta be careful what I ask for...

However, due to this :storm: , somebody disappeared, mostly LOL.
--Actually he's fine, he loves doing this no matter the weather, but I got a kick out of the not-disappeared tail :cloud9:

Attachments

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had ageed to babysit this morning at 6am (I'm clearly insane :updown:), but the kid slept until 9 and was a sweetie when she woke up, and then I got a nap, a Polish buffet dinner and a couple kisses and lots of laughs from my silly girl.

Settling in with some wine, leftover cake from yesterday, and the ten o'clock news and hoping good things will happen in the coming year.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
A belated happy birthday to Lari Lari , wishing you all the best for the coming year.

I absolutely love the two bejeweled figurines in #2 tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . They would fill the gap nicely between the two on the left :) And thanks again for the tip on the Ikea pet beds. As you can see Princess Kitty likes them very much and she gets a lot of use out of them.

I have filled all the cabinet space I had available, Karen has a collection of old cameras and photography stuff. Let's just say it won't be a pawsitive outcome if I touch her photography stuff :angrywoman:

I don't have cabinets that will fit the larger figurines I have, so it looks like an upcoming project will be to make some cat themed display cases.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A belated happy birthday to Lari Lari , wishing you all the best for the coming year.

I absolutely love the two bejeweled figurines in #2 tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . They would fill the gap nicely between the two on the left :) And thanks again for the tip on the Ikea pet beds. As you can see Princess Kitty likes them very much and she gets a lot of use out of them.

I have filled all the cabinet space I had available, Karen has a collection of old cameras and photography stuff. Let's just say it won't be a pawsitive outcome if I touch her photography stuff :angrywoman:

I don't have cabinets that will fit the larger figurines I have, so it looks like an upcoming project will be to make some cat themed display cases.
Having learned a lot from my ex who was a finish carpenter at one time, I can say it's very PAWSitive to build stuff, especially stuff that's cat-related! *He gave me that Lenox pair as a gift. They are beautiful, aren't they?* Big IKEA fan here -- I know anything with their name on it is quality!
IMG_3072 (1).JPG

...and you can see a couple of cats-that-won't-fit-in-cabinets here: a very vintage gold cat who's been in the family for yonks, and an antique plant stand my mom bought, that's quite amazing.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - That seems easy enough as long as you don't feel the need to have the figurines behind glass-fronted doors. It sounds like a scroll-saw project to me.

catcabinet.jpg

;)

Here it's not quite as mild as yesterday, though even at 80º it's relatively comfortable. Our second rainy day looks to be on its way, beginning between 2:00 and 3:00 PM, with thunderstorms building below the lake, and for once the Lawn Guys seem to have hit the timing on organic fertiliser and iron just right. With a bit of good luck, and a few more storms these next few days, the world might well go from brown to green once more!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi everyone! I got the larkspur deadheaded this morning (I'm probably late, but we'll see if any more blooms come along), cat and bird related chores done, checked the zucchini plants and whoops! ...found a big surprise that had been hidden from view, so whipped out a quick-bread recipe even though I wasn't planning on baking when it's hot like this. Yummy!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I got the larkspur deadheaded this morning (I'm probably late, but we'll see if any more blooms come along), cat and bird related chores done, checked the zucchini plants and whoops! ...found a big surprise that had been hidden from view, so whipped out a quick-bread recipe even though I wasn't planning on baking when it's hot like this. Yummy!
Sometimes ya just gotta. Sounds GREAT! *and may your larkspur bloom well and prolifically! My dad loved them.*

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm feeling very pawsitive this afternoon. The kids had swim lessons this morning and we got caught in probably the worst rain I have ever had to drive through. White knuckled for most of the trip. We were driving the same direction as the storm which apparently had a little bit of thunder. The pool is indoor but thankfully it was clearing up some as we got there and lessons only had a 15 minute delay. But most of all I'm grateful we got there safe and sound. And I'm very much appreciative of having a vehicle with 4 wheel drive! And I'm glad to be back home! It was sunny for part of the drive home. Then it sprinkled again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.