The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 "He gave me that Lenox pair as a gift. They are beautiful, aren't they?" -- They are very beautiful.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I was thinking of something a little more simple such as a cat silhouette cut out of the back with a mirror behind. I have never worked with glass before so I will be certain to research a lot before I proceed. I may end up buying some and modify them to be cat themed.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles We just had this roll over Ottawa. Unfortunately it was short lived and didn't drop much rain. A heavy rain but not much of it.

IMG_1538.JPG

My pawsitive for right now is I am done work shortly and headed home to my kitties:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 "He gave me that Lenox pair as a gift. They are beautiful, aren't they?" -- They are very beautiful.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I was thinking of something a little more simple such as a cat silhouette cut out of the back with a mirror behind. I have never worked with glass before so I will be certain to research a lot before I proceed. I may end up buying some and modify them to be cat themed.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles We just had this roll over Ottawa. Unfortunately it was short lived and didn't drop much rain. A heavy rain but not much of it.

View attachment 243947

My pawsitive for right now is I am done work shortly and headed home to my kitties:)
Shane Kent Shane Kent My ex and I built one of our cat houses with a cat-shaped window using a jigsaw and the window was made from a sheet of clear acrylic. The only drawback with that is that it does scratch easily.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent Those are some ominous clouds! I didn't get to see this one rolling in. If I ever build a house I want a good view of the weather from all sides! We've needed rain so I'm happy to get some. I planted something that's supposed to have more tropical origins; so maybe that part of my garden will start to flourish!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to write this where tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 can see it, given her near-100º temperatures right now, but after an hours' light rain and an ongoing cloudburst, we've dropped seven degrees in an hour, and a couple of rotating thunderstorms appear just ten minutes away on the current radar. After weeks of drought conditions, the whole landscape's finally getting a long drink of real water!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - Crazy weather today. I am not sure if this is the edge of #2 or #3 but it is a series of dark rolling clouds dumping on Ottawa today. Short heavy bursts of rain. I took this photo down the street shortly after I got home, extremely dark clouds south-west with the edge north-west.

IMG_1544.JPG

I think the greenery here is saying bring it on with Mother Nature throwing lefts and rights.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to write this where tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 can see it, given her near-100º temperatures right now, but after an hours' light rain and an ongoing cloudburst, we've dropped seven degrees in an hour, and a couple of rotating thunderstorms appear just ten minutes away on the current radar. After weeks of drought conditions, the whole landscape's finally getting a long drink of real water!
Hey, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , don't feel bad on my account. (I'm feeling enough bad for us both right now in what they say is 88F/46% humidity and whatever, it feels like a sauna). I'm just glad when friends aren't uncomfortable. Was reading earlier that about 40 people have died in Japan from their extreme heat recently. To keep this PAWSitive, though I have Japanese friends and of course care about anyone, anywhere, who's a good person or a CAT of any kind, I feel we're blessed to be surviving and thriving. ;):winkcat::winkcat::winkcat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - Crazy weather today. I am not sure if this is the edge of #2 or #3 but it is a series of dark rolling clouds dumping on Ottawa today. Short heavy bursts of rain. I took this photo down the street shortly after I got home, extremely dark clouds south-west with the edge north-west.

View attachment 243973

I think the greenery here is saying bring it on with Mother Nature throwing lefts and rights.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Yep; we've had one pretty serious thunderstorm here today, and a couple of extended downpours, and everyone here - plant and animal alike - seems happy. Mrs. Fox is dashing back and forth across the back lawn now that the rain has subsided, and with just a couple of inches or rain over the course of three days, the once-browned-out spots are already coming alive again. With the upcoming nights in the low-to-mid sixties, even the lawn might break dormancy before July gives way to August.

If I knew Mother Nature's address, I'd send her a thank you card.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The bumblebees are happy. If you blow this up you can see several bees buzzing around and a few look to be sleeping.
20180723_194912.jpg

Another of a bee doing what they do best.
20180723_195248.jpg

20180723_194825.jpg

Petunias getting fuller with the rain n sun.

Honeybee has been spending time out in the rain too.:rolleyes3::lol:

20180723_134621.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bumblebees are happy. If you blow this up you can see several bees buzzing around and a few look to be sleeping.
View attachment 243994

Another of a bee doing what they do best.
View attachment 243995
View attachment 243996
Petunias getting fuller with the rain n sun.

Honeybee has been spending time out in the rain too.:rolleyes3::lol:

View attachment 244003
*Who likes a wet cat? NO ONE!!! Least of all, the wet cat!!!* :crackup::lolup: *Seriously, I love all cats. And wet cats smell so much sweeter than wet dogs or even, come to think of it, most wet humans.*
As for those bees? What do they do best? All together now! *BEE* :flail:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive tonight is that the sky is clear and the moon is glowing overhead. I can’t say it is peaceful due to the boom booming of something related to music that penetrates the woods but with positive thoughts, perhaps that will end before many more hours. I am sure the person playing the music is only trying to share! Lol
I have now sent off 6 more kitties to adoption. The past month has been a good one for that. Nine rescue kittens found homes and now four adults have been accepted to the rescue center to be on the adoption floor. This is great considering how many kittens are available. They will be able to be in the sunroom and meet lots of well screened adoptees. Two of my juvenile rescues have arrived at their new home in Florida. That includes a kitty that had recovered from anemia but was cleared by the vet to relocate. I am so heppy for the kitty. He was adopted with his sister.
Good news about @Lil Dude as well! The surgery for the needed spays has been funded and is scheduled.
Now searching for funding for spays for another of Thecatsite members. I think we have a promising lead on a partial grant. Every bit helps! If that has positive results, I will post it here!
Have a wonderful flower filled, kitty fluffed,powder covered pony , glowing moon, rainy, comfortable night/ day everyone! The kitties attempted to send love in the shape of a heart. Sharing it here with you.
73B20F59-796E-410B-BB8A-2CF6BD470A31.jpeg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for those bees? What do they do best? All together now! *BEE* :flail:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Bees are always busy; always doing in addition to be(e)ing. Sinatra said it best - "Do bee do? Bee do!"

The kitties attempted to send love in the shape of a heart. Sharing it here with you.View attachment 244044
Jcatbird Jcatbird - Awwww... what a beautiful pair.

:)

The clouds close up and then part here, revealing the moon every now and then - a lovely night after a warm, rainy day.

We're just a week away from August now, and anyone who lives in western New York State knows how special August it - it's the one month of the year where it's never snowed in Olcott Beach!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , the kitties have made a wonderful heart in their photo, this precious picture is really something special, I think. :heartshape:

Speedy and I have time to share coffee this morning and feel the breeze coming through the windows and watch the birds, that is always a pawsitive gift to me. I should say, I'm the one drinking the coffee, Speedy helps by pawing the cup when I take a sip!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should say, I'm the one drinking the coffee, Speedy helps by pawing the cup when I take a sip!
R raysmyheart - Lucky you, not having to share your coffee.

mooshucoffee.jpg

Mother Nature's done a pretty good job of greening things up again here; we've had a couple of inches of much-needed rain over three days' time, and thunderstorms headed this way today and tomorrow - and the added nitrogen should help things along even further.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Today's hatch on the riverbank here, the blue-green Damselfly. Fish. Are. Jumping.

damselfly.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, bees do bee. *And I love Sinatra!*

Jcatbird Jcatbird Your news is the very BEST!!!

Having a long, drawn-out conversation with Tarifa right now. She's curled up beside me on her cat blanket. Sometimes she brings up a subject, sometimes I do. The conversational stream can go on for some time. I love when this happens.
IMG_0538.JPG

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a big shipment from Ikea today (a couple footstools and finally the frame for our bed). Which means two kitties have been in box heaven all day.

Working with Lelia on her microchip feeder. We have it on the first training mode where it doesn't close at all, but she's finally starting to eat out of the bowl and not shying away from the feeder so much. (At first she walked up and walked away and I had to pull the bowl out so she would eat) Hopefully she'll have it by the time the school year starts.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a big shipment from Ikea today (a couple footstools and finally the frame for our bed). Which means two kitties have been in box heaven all day.

Working with Lelia on her microchip feeder. We have it on the first training mode where it doesn't close at all, but she's finally starting to eat out of the bowl and not shying away from the feeder so much. (At first she walked up and walked away and I had to pull the bowl out so she would eat) Hopefully she'll have it by the time the school year starts.
As a serious IKEA fan with a houseful of IKEA stuff, I applaud your PAWSitive PURRchase *no extra charge for cheesy humor* and wish Lelia much success with her new high-tech feeding device!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Took a video of the Bees in the garden but haven't uploaded it yet. There's a good swarm of bumblebees bumbling along! We are getting hot humid weather but the rains should return early tomorrow morning. So far everything looks nice and green. Bee is asleep on Jon's couch after a tough day catching mice. Jon said she had one on the deck today and he shut the door so she won't bring it in here. Pumps is enjoying the evening air laying under the deck. She had another Laser therapy appointment today. She only cried a few times then just went to sleep during transport. She definitely hates dogs. There was one barking like crazy and she was bugged eyed. Luckily we were right on the way out so wasn't too bad. She slept all the way home.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi everyone! This'll be an up-down-down-up sort of post...

We're not talking about the Rockies tonight. Everything was going DANDY against the Houston Astros until the top of the 10th. 'nuff said about that.

In any case, you-all are posting away here like all get out - THAT is positive!

Noah's own flood happened here yesterday. It was incredible, too much water in too short a time. Then today, I've been feeling a bit like being in the trenches, there's been some sad postings and seriously scared owners on TCS.

HOWEVER, one poster's panic was turned around by talking with me/us, and instead of giving in and giving up, the poster has taken ownership of helping her cat to at least feel better. This is a seriously huge thing.

AND, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine hopefully you've seen that the low platelet kitten's count increased from 8000 to 100,000 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.