The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat - Your Clematis jackmanii looks great; that's a wonderful memory for me. When I bought the house in the city, there was a pair of ancient Clematis jackmanii flanking the side door, growing up and across an arched iron trellis, which the former owner had planted as a Victory Symbol when World War II ended, and his Son returned home. They were still going strong some thirty-five years later, and provided shade quite nearly throughout the Summer months. Thanks for the reminder; time to do a search of the architectural salvage yards, to find a trellis for the head of the path leading into the woods.

§ º § º § º §

We've cooled down a bit here, and the kitties are all in the window wells, sniffing the fresh air. Weather forecasters seem to know very little these days, but kitties always know what's coming, and sometimes - if you watch them closely enough - they'll tell you too.

radar.jpg

:hyper: :bliss: :hyper:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you ever ridden a pony that smells of baby powder? It's a surreal experience.
I'm trying REALLY hard to imagine this... :ruminating:

Lol she needs a kitty she can dominate and groom for hours lol.
Not sure about dominating, but otherwise that would be B.O.B. :redtabby: :gingercat:

My positive is that all the chores got done before the heat came on --whew!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to be back, all. Just laying low trying to endure the heat, get work done in cool parts of the day and not be up all night doing it instead (doesn't work really well). Really enjoying all of your beautiful photos and interesting posts! Many thanks to all who welcomed me back. I'm here daily, just not necessarily on this PAWSitive thread (shame on me) when the heat is getting me down. On the PAWSitive side -- the work is done, we can relax for the weekend, it's not too hot, and I think maybe, just maybe, the camellias may survive, because there are a few greenish leaves on the ones that are mostly burned to a crisp. Watering them, and hoping and praying they come back. I remember when anything over 100F was cause for conversation. :sigh: Cats are all fed, watered, cleaned for, groomed, and 'nipped. :cutecat::kneading::zzzcat:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My mom passed away in May (no, wait, it’s positive, I promise!). She—and my dad who died in 2008—loved cats. When I wrote her obituary I suggested that those who wished to could donate to the area humane society in her memory. So many people did! It was wonderful, and she would have been thrilled. I was really touched because she was 95, and many (most) of her friends are gone, but it’s a close community and everyone knew about her love of cats. Hurray for animal lovers and generous people!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom passed away in May (no, wait, it’s positive, I promise!). She—and my dad who died in 2008—loved cats. When I wrote her obituary I suggested that those who wished to could donate to the area humane society in her memory. So many people did! It was wonderful, and she would have been thrilled. I was really touched because she was 95, and many (most) of her friends are gone, but it’s a close community and everyone knew about her love of cats. Hurray for animal lovers and generous people!
Thanking you -- and your beloved parents -- so very much for this, Tobermory Tobermory . I did something similar for my parents, both of whom were lifelong cat lovers, choosing a couple of organizations I know they loved. I wish more people would do this on their holidays/birthdays/special occasions instead of asking for more stuff for themselves!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hearts are happy in the PushPurr Household this fine Saturday. My husband and I hit the road early this morning to go visit a local forest. I think what we experienced is called, "forest bathing"? We certainly feel better for it.
:evergreen: :evergreen: :evergreen: :evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen: :evergreen: :evergreen: :daisy: :reddragonfly::daisy::popcorn: :evergreen::bluedragonfly::bluedragonfly: :bluebutterfly: and I'll throw in a
mosquito-smiley.gif

In 10 days, another old house will be demolished near us (on our block!) and another neighborhood construction site begins. I will be hard-pressed to stay de-stressed during the coming year of noisy mayhem. :disappointed:

Here are two photos to share from today!

MillysNeighborhoodForest-a-21JUL2018.jpg

MillysNeighborhoodForest-b-21JUL2018.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hearts are happy in the PushPurr Household this fine Saturday. My husband and I hit the road early this morning to go visit a local forest. I think what we experienced is called, "forest bathing"? We certainly feel better for it.
:evergreen: :evergreen: :evergreen: :evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen: :evergreen: :evergreen: :daisy: :reddragonfly::daisy::popcorn: :evergreen::bluedragonfly::bluedragonfly: :bluebutterfly: and I'll throw in a View attachment 243581

In 10 days, another old house will be demolished near us (on our block!) and another neighborhood construction site begins. I will be hard-pressed to stay de-stressed during the coming year of noisy mayhem. :disappointed:

Here are two photos to share from today!

View attachment 243583

View attachment 243584
So beautiful and glad you were able to do this. Maybe you will be doing this quite a bit over the coming year? Sure couldn't hurt, and it's PAWSitive! Sorry to hear about the neighborhood but hope it's somehow not as bad as it might be. Leaving things alone is PAWSitive, aifinkso!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So beautiful and glad you were able to do this. Maybe you will be doing this quite a bit over the coming year? Sure couldn't hurt, and it's PAWSitive! Sorry to hear about the neighborhood but hope it's somehow not as bad as it might be. Leaving things alone is PAWSitive, aifinkso!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Sometimes change is best! Our weather forecast just changed from six consecutive days of rain to this:

upload_2018-7-21_18-15-57.png

Man, I hope they're right this time!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Sometimes change is best! Our weather forecast just changed from six consecutive days of rain to this:

View attachment 243592

Man, I hope they're right this time!
*We'd take it, gladly!!! We actually had a little rain a couple of days ago when a cell was right over us. I'm sure the plants enjoyed the extra drink! I went out and enjoyed it myself. "Not enough sense to come in out of the rain".* :crackup:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*We'd take it, gladly!!! We actually had a little rain a couple of days ago when a cell was right over us. I'm sure the plants enjoyed the extra drink! I went out and enjoyed it myself. "Not enough sense to come in out of the rain".* :crackup:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Never much reason to come in from the rain unless there's a thunderstorm. When was the last time you saw the headline, "guy standing out in rain melts?"

Watering like mad here, all month long, but unless you have a well or a natural water source, city water is never the same as rainwater. As Yogi Berra once remarked, "all those additives in our water to keep us healthy are makin' us sick."

Crossin' my fingers, crossin' my toes; crossin' my eyes, and crossin' my nose.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Never much reason to come in from the rain unless there's a thunderstorm. When was the last time you saw the headline, "guy standing out in rain melts?"

Watering like mad here, all month long, but unless you have a well or a natural water source, city water is never the same as rainwater. As Yogi Berra once remarked, "all those additives in our water to keep us healthy are makin' us sick."

Crossin' my fingers, crossin' my toes; crossin' my eyes, and crossin' my nose.
Ok, make ya a deal, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . You tell me how you cross your nose, and I'll tell ya my life story. In 10 words or less. :flail::anticipation:
I know, I know! *about the water* I always tell people my plants love the rain water so much more than they love the city water. How can I tell? Because stuff actually gets GREEN and GROWS. :bliss::tree::evergreen::daisy:
And yes, I actually did see a guy melt in the snow. *The fact that he was a snowman has NOTHING to do with it.* :crackup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an early (by a day) birthday present, my parents gifted me with a microchip feeder to keep Lelia's food away from her food obsessed sister (once I train her to use it), my brother a Harry Potter cookbook and my sister a mandoline slicer. This, along with a lovely Flat Top Grill dinner, will ease the pain of becoming another year older.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Contravening all recent luck and logic, the Rain Færies came in the night, depositing 1.3 inches of liquid happiness across the landscape - the heaviest rainfall in many weeks. The forecast continues to show rain and thunderstorms for many days to come, and with a little luck - and the rôle of chlorophyll in photosynthesis - we might have a return to green from the current sun-baked landscape.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Dodgers may have lost, but we love 'em anyway :cheerleader::heartshape:

A nice quiet SUNday morning here in la-la land. Enjoying the (relative) coolness before it goes up to a forecast 90F. I've had the amazing surprise of a TUXEDO laptop this morning!!! and she also toured the office before deciding she had important cat business back in HER master bedroom.
IMG_0894.JPG

A rare and cherished visit from Baby Su, Tuxedo Laptop Extraordinaire :hearthrob:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Baby Su knows you're happy, so there ya go :thumbsup: :cloud9:

Rain, gee, it's such a really nice concept o_O :bluebutterfly::butterfly::purplebutterfly:

However, I did get this picture this morning of my buddy the praying mantis. I mistakenly thought it was over in the other smaller plant, but such was not the case LOL. Oops.
It's growing, so that means it's eating, and THAT is a good thing - a little organic pest control.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.