The Cats at our Shelter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. : )

That's awesome you volunteered at a shelter too. I love hearing about people who care enough to give their time to offer love and cuddles.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Langley has been adopted! Not only that, but the cats that came down with a cold are slowly healing and of course my foster babies are doing great! I love them!
Chips and Bilby, our first two foster kitties of the year, are neutered and up for adoption.

An adorable picture of Honor! He just loves to pose!
IMG_4293.jpg

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
London found a new home! Yay for such a pretty girl!

London 5.jpg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She's gorgeous! Lovely to know she's found her forever home. :)

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
London was returned. : (

But Willow, Chippy, Trixie, and Magic all found homes!

Chips 1.jpg

Willow
Willow 1.jpg

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
That's so sad about London. :frown:
Gorgeous photos!

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few years ago my sister called me during an ice storm saying someone had dumped a cat off and it was under her car crying. She couldn't take her in because of her dog but I went over and got her and brought her home, maybe a week or so later she had kittens. I raised the kittens then took them to the shelter to find a new home, the shelter people didn't believe me that they weren't my kittens said that I was trying to get rid of. I wasn't going to argue with them I paid the surrender fee and left. Then I took the mom cat and had her spayed and she lived with me many years, until her kidneys failed and I had to put her down.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few years ago my sister called me during an ice storm saying someone had dumped a cat off and it was under her car crying. She couldn't take her in because of her dog but I went over and got her and brought her home, maybe a week or so later she had kittens. I raised the kittens then took them to the shelter to find a new home, the shelter people didn't believe me that they weren't my kittens said that I was trying to get rid of. I wasn't going to argue with them I paid the surrender fee and left. Then I took the mom cat and had her spayed and she lived with me many years, until her kidneys failed and I had to put her down.
That is so wonderful that you helped them! I know it can seem like Shelter people are too suspicious, but people pull the lie to abandon animals SOOO often they just can't believe anyone anymore. Thank you for raising the kittens and keeping the mother happy and giving her a wonderful life.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm so glad you guys helped the little thing out. It probably wanted the warmth of the truck in that freezing weather, since it didn't have enough body fat to survive out in the cold.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cotton has been adopted! She had to have her eye removed because it was so damaged. She is a happy, sweet girl and I'm glad she found a home.

Cotton.jpg

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Steffan, Callie, Damisi, Carlos, Socks, Toby, Tobias, Katniss, Han, and Batman were all adopted!!! But we've got a LOT of new cats that will be going up for adoption soon (part of a Humane Case I believe). Our foster kitties are almost ready to be adoption age. Zeke is over 2 lbs!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
So glad that so many have found homes, and that it makes room for more kitties in need. :)

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rocky the injured kitten went into foster and has officially been adopted! He got a chance to heal up and is happy in a home.
19884401_319203278507441_8520699945341962352_n.jpg

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, Rocky... poor baby. He's obviously had such a sad short life so far - it's wonderful he's now loved and has a future. :redheartpump:
And Junior and Maseka. :clap:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sunny was adopted!!! Yay!!
Sunny 3.jpg

So was the feral, fearful kittens Midas (pictured first) and Hector (second). They settled ina nd learned to trust people. Their three siblings are still working on it.
Midas 1.jpg
Hector 1.jpg