TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Naming the animals can be a lot of fun. :lol3:

So, for an update on the current cats. Lets see if I can get all the names straight, LOL.

Up for adoption are Alex, Audrey, Precious, DeeDee, Grey, Daphne, Eartha, Hitchcock (has someone interested in him), and Polly.

In foster homes and programs are Lady Gaga, Minion, Peggy, Mr. Cool, Paws, Rags, and Steve.

Waiting to be given the okay to go into foster or to be adopted are 3 new cats (don't know their names yet), Boo, Penelope, Wheat, Yeti and Victoria.

I'm waiting to hear if Maximus and Chewy were adopted, but I do believe they were as they aren't on the PetSmart list anymore (they were some of the cats that went to Petsmart to be adopted, which is why I don't know if they were adopted or not yet).
If I have a female cat, I will name her Bastet (the Egyptian cat headed goddess of all things joy and love).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sylvia has been adopted! She came in with a bad ear mite infection but is doing much better.  : )

Penelope and Hitchcock were also adopted!!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Victoria also found a home!
I will volunteer as a Cat Cuddler/Dog Cuddler at a local no kill shelter who had cats and dogs for adoption today at my local Pet Smart. They had a Domestic Shorthair mix and an American Staffordshire mix that are very affectionate :)

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Victoria also found a home!
That's good. Your shelter do a great job with rehoming.
I will volunteer as a Cat Cuddler/Dog Cuddler at a local no kill shelter who had cats and dogs for adoption today at my local Pet Smart. They had a Domestic Shorthair mix and an American Staffordshire mix that are very affectionate
That sounds fun! I used to volunteer as a Cat Cuddler when I was still in school.

Next step... Foster Failures!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will volunteer as a Cat Cuddler/Dog Cuddler at a local no kill shelter who had cats and dogs for adoption today at my local Pet Smart. They had a Domestic Shorthair mix and an American Staffordshire mix that are very affectionate
That's awesome.  : )

That sounds fun! I used to volunteer as a Cat Cuddler when I was still in school.

I love foster failures!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

;)
Well I don't know know if this is the case, but there was another cat right next to the short hair that I spent more than an hour with. The neighbor cat hissed at me. I just put a "sad" face, trying to appeal to the ham in it, and it worked somehow. It did not warm up with me, but at least it stopped hissing. I just talk to them in a very soft voice, let them come to me in their own terms, and pet them very gently. Most people who are scratched and bitten by cats don't understand that they are not dogs, and that they should not be treated like dogs. Hey, I even treat dogs with utmost
respect, like living beings and not like a toys.

Last edited:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@GitaBooks

This is an obvious question, but I assume that working in a no kill shelter must be an extremely fulfilling experience right?. I still get a smile on my face when I think of the hour plus that I spent with the cat yesteday (that's right, an hour plus of continuous petting, and no, it wasn't a Siamese), and the time I spent interacting with a fostered scent Hound (I come from a dog background and scent Hounds have a special place in my heart, because of their mild personalities).

Last edited:

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@GitaBooks

This is an obvious question, but I assume that working in a no kill shelter must be an extremely fulfilling experience right?. I still get a smile on my face when I think of the hour plus that I spent with the cat yesteday (that's right, an hour plus of continuous petting, and no, it wasn't a Siamese), and the time I spent interacting with a fostered scent Hound (I come from a dog background and scent Hounds have a special place in my heart, because of their mild personalities).
I volunteer in a variety of ways at a shelter and its very rewarding!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's amazing. As nice as it is not to be over-crowded, I'm still excited about kitten-season when all the babies come in. They adore cuddles and are adopted so fast. Not only that, but fostering is a lot of fun too. The adults, however, tend to be more cuddly and just like to be petted and talked to. I also work with the dogs (most of my work is actually with the dogs because they need to all get walked or let in the run and I generally only have an hour or so do that). We have a few scent hounds and they are never aggressive with people, though tend to like to chase cats, but they don't have a mean bone in their body. Boomer is a Treeing WalkerCoonhound mix  that came in with a broken pelvis and he is healed up now and up for adoption. Such a gorgeous dog.

Look at those eyes! Here's Boomer

We've also got Fritter, a hound mix who adores people

And sweet, but highly food-motivated Jolene. She LOVES treats.

:rbheart:
Curious. I thought Sight Hounds were the dangerous ones for cats. I guess Bassets are a peculiarly benovolent breed.

Those hounds are really beautiful.

The cat I spent an hour with yesterday is a 5 year old female way past the youthful exuberance phase. Very mellow and very happy with petting.

winksmom

Darling in his basket
Young Cat
Purraise
All of these little guys are so precious! Love this thread!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still figuring out how to use the knew website and how to post pictures from my computer, but just thought I'd let you all know that Confetti, a pretty young black and white long-hair was adopted! Still no young kittens from Kitten Season, but that must mean that people are spaying and neutering! Yay!