The Cats at our Shelter

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alex is adorable. Those white markings under his eyes look like tear tracks! I hope he gets adopted quickly. That they all do!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@GuitaBooks

You're doing a great job. I would love to volunteer at a local shelter (I hope it doesn't affect me because I grew up with a dog and I really adore cats, dogs, horses, donkeys, cows, etc etc etc). Are you required to work a minimum of hours/days per week, or you just go when you can?.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure ANY shelter would gladly take any help they can get. They have set hours for viewing but most hours are pretty much open. They would fit you in I'd bet! Bless you for volunteering, it's SO rewarding. My trouble is I want to take them all home. If you can't give your time, they are always in need of towels, small bowls, toys, litter, and food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

London has such a sweet face. He/She looks a bit older than some of your other cats. I get the feeling that's a cat who has been through a lot.
She is a little bit more of a shy cat I believe, she took a while to be adopted the first time but was thankfully quick the second time. She's sensitive, but I'm not sure of her age, I think middle-age?

She is a sweetie though.  : )
@GuitaBooks

You're doing a great job. I would love to volunteer at a local shelter (I hope it doesn't affect me because I grew up with a dog and I really adore cats, dogs, horses, donkeys, cows, etc etc etc). Are you required to work a minimum of hours/days per week, or you just go when you can?.
Different shelters have different rules, but like @Di and Bob said they love any help they can get, though generally volunteers have set times to come in, unless you are given special permission to come in during closed hours. It is so rewarding, though some days can be stressful. Seeing them get forever homes is always so worth it.  : )

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm quite sure. I'll look for nearest shelter and will give love to our friends. That's what I would like to do
The kitties will love you for it. Especially the young energetic teens adore running around and playing. Good luck!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alex is in the cat room, chillin' on a tree

Chewy is a shy boy, but is up for adoption at Petsmart

Eartha was returned because she has some cattitude and probably would do best without children because of it. But she still rocks! I'm sure she'll find her family

Grey is also at Petsmart. She is a dilute calico

Hitchcock is still waiting

Here is Maximus before he went to Petsmart

Oliver Twist in a hide, peeking out to say "howdy"

Polly showing off how gorgeous she is

And sleeping in the sink

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Naming the animals can be a lot of fun.

So, for an update on the current cats. Lets see if I can get all the names straight, LOL.

Up for adoption are Alex, Audrey, Precious, DeeDee, Grey, Daphne, Eartha, Hitchcock (has someone interested in him), and Polly.

In foster homes and programs are Lady Gaga, Minion, Peggy, Mr. Cool, Paws, Rags, and Steve.

Waiting to be given the okay to go into foster or to be adopted are 3 new cats (don't know their names yet), Boo, Penelope, Wheat, Yeti and Victoria.

I'm waiting to hear if Maximus and Chewy were adopted, but I do believe they were as they aren't on the PetSmart list anymore (they were some of the cats that went to Petsmart to be adopted, which is why I don't know if they were adopted or not yet).