♥ The ♥ Birthday ♥ Thread ♥**2018**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll start, since today is a very special day for Lance and Peanut.
Twenty-one years ago - on April 5th, 1997 - these two fellows came in as newborns.
What an amazing age! You are doing some magic indeed, to keep them so beautiful after so many years!
Happy belated birthday, Lance and Peanut. I hope to renew my birthday wishes for you for many years more!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittypa kittypa - A very happy second birthday to the lovely Little Figgy! I don't recall ever having seen her kitten picture before - wow, what a dazzler!

nese nese - Happy first birthday to Nohut; what a stunning British Shorthair she is, and what gorgeous eyes!

What an amazing age! You are doing some magic indeed, to keep them so beautiful after so many years!
Happy belated birthday, Lance and Peanut. I hope to renew my birthday wishes for you for many years more!
Antonio65 Antonio65 - That's very kind of you to say, but I don't do anything special at all for them other than seeing to it that they always have fresh food. My veterinarian, who visits them regularly, calls them, "Joe-shaped cats," because they're all pretty solid, but his feelings - and mine - are that if a cat does fall ill, she or he has a better chance of recovery if they have a little meat on their bones.

This little girl was the apple of my late Father's eye -

victoriscircle.jpg

Victoria (properly Sin-Chiang's Bicentennial Miss Victoria), out of Medina of Sin-Chiang, who spent her last years with me after Dad passed - and should have been included here on 18 April, though she's been gone now some twelve years. She never had any "special diet" cat foods, and ate Calo, Tender Vittles, Friskies and Fancy Feast, just as mine do (well, Calo and Tender Vittles are only distant memories nowadays), though her canned commercial diet seems not to have shortened her Life over much. Born 18 April, 1976, and left us on 07 April, 2006, aged 29 years, 11½ months.

Very non-scientific, and a wholly personal opinion: I believe that cats thrive when they know that they're safe and that they're Loved completely, and I remind mine of this every single day.

Last edited:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victoria (properly Sin-Chiang's Bicentennial Miss Victoria), out of Medina of Sin-Chiang, who spent her last years with me after Dad passed
[...]
Born 18 April, 1976, and left us on 07 April, 2006, aged 29 years, 11½ months.
Well, if this doesn't mean you're doing magic, I don't know what else does!
My God, nearly 30 years! This is the longest living cat I have ever known. The other one was 24 and I met her personally.
You should teach others how to tend a cat :)

Very non-scientific, and a wholly personal opinion: I believe that cats thrive when they know that they're safe and that they're Loved completely, and I remind mine of this every single day.
I have to disagree with this.
My beloved Lola, who left me 13 months ago, was the apple of my eyes, the heart of my heart, the life of my life.
I would have traded my life to save hers, and I dedicated nearly 17 years to her well-being, renouncing everything for her sake. But she didn't survive.
If Love increases life-span, she would have lived forever :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved Lola, who left me 13 months ago, was the apple of my eyes, the heart of my heart, the life of my life.
I would have traded my life to save hers, and I dedicated nearly 17 years to her well-being, renouncing everything for her sake. But she didn't survive.
If Love increases life-span, she would have lived forever :(
Antonio65 Antonio65 - I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lola. I've lost one - Noodles - to cancer after only nine years - my youngest. As Heartbreaking as it is, the fact is that we cannot change those things which are in the hands of God, though I still maintain that cats who know that they are Loved, live long and happy Lives.

I've no doubt that Lola knew how much she was Loved, and that she cherished every day you had together.

Status
Not open for further replies.