The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a question for people with pure bred NFC. my new boy who has a lot of nfc traits has a trait that I'm not sure fits. when he has his ears back at us (something I'm seeing a lot of.) they curl up at the ends. it's totally adorable and I've never seen anything else quite like it. his ears are pretty low on his head too so it's a really unique look. they don't normally curl at all. but when he's angry or scared at us.. I'll try to get a photo, not sure how hard that will be.. probably nearly impossible since he gives me that look from his cat cave. it's dark he's dark..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - They do - always when the nostrils flare. NFCs have some little quirks, as you've discovered already - the "don't look me in the eye reaction" being among them, and the "stand up on hind legs to show you just how big I am move" being another - especially around another cat of whom they're uncertain.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How much should one feed a year old norwegian? The vet said a can and a half would be sufficient but he gobbles it right down. We worry he may be growing still and need more but also dont want to over do it. Considering that i think he was starved during proper kittenhood not sure if the growth hormones had toggled off and have now toggled back on again or something.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much should one feed a yeearr old norwegian? The vet said a can and a half would be sufficient but he gobbles it right down. We worry he may be growing still and need more but also dont want to over do it. Considering that i think he was starved during.proper kittenhood not sure if the growth hormones had toggled off and have now tiggled back o. Again or something.

thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - Bob went through five (3 ounce) cans a day (in addition to feeding ad libitum on dry food) for close to five years before his appetite finally slacked off, save for a short post-kitten lull and a few plateaus. They have growth spurts, and the big ones grow like weeds during those times. They're sort of like kittens - it's hard to over-feed them.

Well, okay... maybe it's not really hard to over-feed them.

bobeats.jpg

This is what they do best.

Last edited: