The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
in the past I had another shorthair tuxedo cat that definitely was a giant breed. at one point when I was moving across country adn taking him on a plane I was asked if he was a "special" breed that needed papers and special instructions for transport. ie they thought he was a wildcat. what short hair breeds tend towards being giant breeds?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is my siberian and my lynxpoint. (we found the lynxpoint behind a stripmall weighing in at 5 pounds and starving. now he's 15 pounds and still in a healthy range according to the vet. )

upload_2017-12-21_16-25-44.png
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - Bob says, "what a fine looking little kitty!"

bobeats.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in the past I had another shorthair tuxedo cat that definitely was a giant breed. at one point when I was moving across country adn taking him on a plane I was asked if he was a "special" breed that needed papers and special instructions for transport. ie they thought he was a wildcat. what short hair breeds tend towards being giant breeds?
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - Early generation male Bengals can reach upwards of 26 to 28 pounds; F¹ and F² male Savannahs will reach close to 25 pounds.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@mama africa - I guess we'll have to do a DNA test when the Arc comes in! That's a dang big chicken, come to think of. it. :eek:

thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - At first all I seen written was Siberian kitten ( Tiberius Rex ). I was like, that's not a Siberian! That's a MC! What are they talking about. Then I seen MC out beside the pic. Oh there's 2 cats! Where's the other one! I was so mesmerized by Andromeda I didn't see Tiberius in the box! :lol: What a beautiful girl she is! Great names too! Tiberius reminds me of Manny. I think he's Siberian. My DNA kit came the other day. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get him to let me swab his mouth yet. He's not going to like that at all. He weighs 20lbs.....not skinny.....NO! In your profile pic. Looks like he was trying to lick his mane and got his fur stuck on his tongue. Manny does that all the time. He falls over trying to get it loose.
IMG_4776.JPG

@mistydawn Oh No! Not crapped in the bed! :lol: Ah, you caught the Johnny Cash reference! I was just messin. Alaska fits....I reckon! If he can shoot wolves from helicopters who am I to argue! :fear:I'll check out that band. I like Johnny but I like what a lot of bands have done covering him like SoundGarden Rusty Cage.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - lol@grumpy cat! mightyboosh mightyboosh is AWOL! Hope he didn't get picked up by the Russian Coast Guard!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - He certainly thinks so. He's not gaining any length (112 cm nose-to-tail, or a tiny fraction over 44 inches), but I believe that he's still expanding in the way that Hubble's Law explains the Universe. He's crept up over 16 kg now - not quite to 35½ pounds, but close. I might need to have the sofas reinforced soon.

bobandscottie.jpg

You have a great Family there, fireside - just be careful of that mightyboosh mightyboosh chap!

;)

Edit: You've doubtless already seen mightyboosh's big boy, Oliver:

(good grief, how could anyone miss Oliver?), but he also has a lovely Siberian - ChubChub - a charming regular-sized cat - Betty - and... others, we think. It's rather like Fight Club - and you know the first rule about Fight Club, don't you?

Word to the wise; if a fellow with a British accent calls just say, "no cats here, mate!"

Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sabian sabian . your manny def looks like a shoe in for siberian. I plan on taking them to the vet for the dna sampling. lol. they go in fairly regularly for toe trims so shouldn't be a big deal to get them to do that too lol
I'm thinking taking him to the vet may be the best option. Manny is scared to death of people. He runs and hides when someone comes over. Poor guy was abused. I think if I tried to have a friend help me it would traumatize Manny. I would have to hold him down I'm sure. He seems to do well at the vet though.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
@mama africa - I guess we'll have to do a DNA test when the Arc comes in! That's a dang big chicken, come to think of. it. :eek:

thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - At first all I seen written was Siberian kitten ( Tiberius Rex ). I was like, that's not a Siberian! That's a MC! What are they talking about. Then I seen MC out beside the pic. Oh there's 2 cats! Where's the other one! I was so mesmerized by Andromeda I didn't see Tiberius in the box! :lol: What a beautiful girl she is! Great names too! Tiberius reminds me of Manny. I think he's Siberian. My DNA kit came the other day. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get him to let me swab his mouth yet. He's not going to like that at all. He weighs 20lbs.....not skinny.....NO! In your profile pic. Looks like he was trying to lick his mane and got his fur stuck on his tongue. Manny does that all the time. He falls over trying to get it loose.
View attachment 210899

@mistydawn Oh No! Not crapped in the bed! :lol: Ah, you caught the Johnny Cash reference! I was just messin. Alaska fits....I reckon! If he can shoot wolves from helicopters who am I to argue! :fear:I'll check out that band. I like Johnny but I like what a lot of bands have done covering him like SoundGarden Rusty Cage.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - lol@grumpy cat! mightyboosh mightyboosh is AWOL! Hope he didn't get picked up by the Russian Coast Guard!
We will probably be getting a ransom note for mightyboosh mightyboosh any time now.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wait 'till mightyboosh mightyboosh sees these guys!
Seen them, covet them. Stunning! I'm now in a self-imposed arms race. There seems to be no other option but to up the anti.

m-65-atomic-annie.jpg

mightyboosh mightyboosh is AWOL! Hope he didn't get picked up by the Russian Coast Guard!
Funny you should say that. I did get in a bit of a pickle but I told them that sabian and 1Cat are the 'Mr Bigs' so they let me go with a caution. Sorry guys, just watch out for men in trench coats and carrying umbrellas when it's not raining.

article-2642999-1E4EDEA500000578-893_634x636.jpg