The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol. nom nom nom, we will just keep putting food down as he finishes. we held off the dry food for awhile because we are unsure if he knows about water dishes. we haven't seen a lot of water dish activity but he realllly loves the dry food. so we will probably start putting that down again too.
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - Yep - better safe than sorry. I hear that @mightyboosh has been feeding Oliver Badgers or Red Deer or Dartmoor Ponies, or one of those rare species seen only in the wilds of Mangelwurzelshire.

At least you're not feeding Big Danny Kane who apparently is closing in on forty pounds now, and is almost seven centimeters longer than Bob. Now that's a big NFC!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got to full on pet our new big buddy today. (thinking his "actual" name, you know the name you call your buddies regardless of their real names) might end up being "Tiny". Just going by feel his head is bigger than any other cat in the house including the maine coon. lol he's gonna be a biggggg boy. he might be a contender with Bob and Oliver if we give him a few more years! here is a nanny cam pic. later this week I'll try to get some good photos. I don't want to spook him considering our friendship is new. :) his excitement was like a big puppy. he was just sooo happy. he even meowed at us. we got snorgles and repeated flops. it was SERIOUSLY a break thru. we are so excited. (our other cats are not. tibby is acting up in a big way.) lol.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just going by feel his head is bigger than any other cat in the house including the maine coon. lol he's gonna be a biggggg boy. he might be a contender with Bob and Oliver if we give him a few more years!
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - It's a good thing the three of them are thousands of miles apart, otherwise, they might take over the world. Even Thor couldn't fend off all three of them.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - He's absolutely breathtaking. Is, "Dante," the name that's sticking with him?

mayyyyybeee... lol. we tend to stick to a name until we decide it doesn't work for some reason. right now dante appears to be sticking but other names have gone this far.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many big-uns. I want them all. Would work 2 jobs for the food bills.
Kreatorcat Kreatorcat - Those big hairy things will eat you out of house and home, too. My big Bob and @mightyboosh 's Oliver are fully grown, and while Oliver's feeding specifications are a closely guarded secret, Bob still goes through about 4½ cans a day. Lord only knows about Chubchub, @Purr-fect 's Greg and Arnold, basscat basscat 's Gibs, and those three monsters that thefiresidecat thefiresidecat claims are cats. Oh, they're worth every dime, but sometimes that's a lotta dimes.

;)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Money is meant to be spent,specifically on things you love. I'd rather feed a big Maine coon than buy another guitar or amp. And I'd play with the cat more anyway!

Don't mind me...I am just jealous. In reality,our boy Sonny is a pretty big one too. When I get to Kims place in a few weeks,I will show her how to post pics of him.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kreatorcat Kreatorcat - Those big hairy things will eat you out of house and home, too. My big Bob and @mightyboosh 's Oliver are fully grown, and while Oliver's feeding specifications are a closely guarded secret, Bob still goes through about 4½ cans a day. Lord only knows about Chubchub, @Purr-fect 's Greg and Arnold, basscat basscat 's Gibs, and those three monsters that thefiresidecat thefiresidecat claims are cats. Oh, they're worth every dime, but sometimes that's a lotta dimes.

;)
Gibs get a chicken leg in the morning and one lb of a ground chicken mixture in the evenings.
Comes to about $1.50/day.
Then there's $2.50 worth of litter and litter additive every week.
And $8.00 toys last 15 minutes. :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gibs get a chicken leg in the morning and one lb of a ground chicken mixture in the evenings.
Comes to about $1.50/day.
Then there's $2.50 worth of litter and litter additive every week.
And $8.00 toys last 15 minutes. :lol:

basscat basscat - and the odd recliner as a snack, of course.

Yes, yes... we all know that old advertising jingle:

♪♫♬ "Bobcats jump and Bobcats leap,
Loads of fun and cheap to keep!" ♪♫♬

Of course there is the small matter of a Bobcat mansion gazebo....

;)

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the money spent on maintaining four cats of any size (let alone giant eating machines) is considerable. lol. I'm not sure how much it comes to but it's hundreds. recent vet bills alone are in the thousands with the new kitty and drommies anxiety ailments. we thought we were going to keep her on a small dose of a xanax type drug (Forget the name) but even a tiny dose was giving her mild tremors. gonna try some herbal relax treaters for cats. with the fourth cat being a baby still and he already nearing drommies full grown maine coon size.. I'm honestly considering home made food for them at least part of the time. I'm a little terrified of the possibility of screwing it up though.

here is a pic of a maine coon in a window. and shut up she fits! ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the money spent on maintaining four cats of any size (let alone giant eating machines) is considerable. lol. I'm not sure how much it comes to but it's hundreds. recent vet bills alone are in the thousands with the new kitty and drommies anxiety ailments. we thought we were going to keep her on a small dose of a xanax type drug (Forget the name) but even a tiny dose was giving her mild tremors. gonna try some herbal relax treaters for cats. with the fourth cat being a baby still and he already nearing drommies full grown maine coon size.. I'm honestly considering home made food for them at least part of the time. I'm a little terrified of the possibility of screwing it up though.

here is a pic of a maine coon in a window. and shut up she fits! ;)
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - <laughter> Ha ha ha! Oh, sure... she fits all right! Ha ha ha, ha ha ha! Right.

bobyearbook.jpg

Nice yearbook photo, Bob.