The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you buy cat food by the case - or maybe by the carload? When you upload photos to TheCatSite, do you get the error message, "! Cat Too Large! !" Do you sit on the floor to watch television, because your cat takes up the whole sofa? Then you're in the right place.

Some people just Love Maine Coon Cats, big Ragdolls, Norwegian Forest Cats, Siberians (and Neva Masquerades), and all their mixed kith and kin; post 'em here - all those big hairy Eating Machines. mightyboosh mightyboosh @Hawkfur @Official.buttercup @ashenshugar @scarlettleia - even basscat basscat (since no one will argue about Bobcats not being Big And Hairy) - and everyone else who shares their home with Cats Of Unusual Size.

I'll start off with Bob, the Norwegian Forest Cat (a fraction over 35 pounds, and 112 cm), and two photos taken on rare occasions when he wasn't eating - first with his pal, Scottiecat, and second, with his Friend, White Tip:

bobandscottie.jpg

bobandwhitetip.jpg

Now let's see yours!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At just 22 lbs, Arnold is a lightweight compared to Bob....... but he is the biggest cat we havd ever had! Here is a picture of him after he pulled over the patio umbrella stand I had tied him to in the yard. I stopped tying him the the patio chair as he could drag it down the driveway.

20160904_080414.jpg

Greg, Arnold's brother, gets an honorabke mention at just 19 lbs in his winter weight. He is a couple of pounds lighter in the summer with more exercise and a much thinner coat.

IMG_0685.JPG

And here they looking sweet and innocent.

20161130_141732.jpg

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is quite timely!

As a proud parent of Arnold and Greg, last night I felt I had to celebrate their most recent noteworthy achievement: their largest deposit in the litter box yet!

4 pounds.....yes that was FOUR pounds. Now I realize it was with clumping litter, it was over a 24 hour period (as the litter boxes get scooped every night) and the measurement isnt an exact "science". But to put that in perspective our previous cat little Motu only weighed eight pounds.

20170914_214358.jpg
20170914_214406.jpg

Now how's that for a "big mix".

Please feel free to delete this post and ban me indefinitely......... im just so pleased I found a place to use these pictures.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After his breakfast my routine is to give Oliver a very light mid-morning kibble snack before his main wet meal.

IMG_0281.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

Sometimes he can't be bothered to get off his lazy backside so I have to pour it out of a bucket into this bottomless pit.

IMG_0275.JPG

He's happy now. I won't have to feed him for at least twenty minutes.

IMG_0782 (2).JPG

'Please sir I want some more.' I spoke too soon. How could I refuse? At least he's got the right name for that request!

IMG_0263_1.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
basscat basscat - I've Loved Gibbs since the moment I saw him, and the second photo of him, literally taking up the whole sofa, fits here perfectly. I suppose now I'll have to get licence plates for Bob. (Aside: White Tip wouldn't even make a good sized snack for poor Bob.)

Purr-fect Purr-fect - Arnold and Greg are both positively stunning kitties, and at 22 and 19 pounds, this is definitely the right place for them to show off (that's a "post more pictures" hint).

abyeb abyeb - Charlie is so incredibly handsome and so photogenic that he'd fit into any thread on TCS, and 13 pounds isn't exactly TinyCat.

Kat0121 Kat0121 - Sophie is... well... I have read Dante after all. Third Circle, right?

;)

The smallest cat sometimes has the greatest Heart. My vet's English Mastiff (200 plus pounds) is scared to death of the Snowshoe.

mightyboosh mightyboosh - Phil, Oliver's a magnificent big smashing fellow, and I'm glad you took the bait opportunity to showcase him, but where's ChubChub?

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws - Sometimes the sidelines are the best place to be; witness purr-fect's scale photo: what goes in must come out - and with these cats, the amount going in can be staggering. Let the delicate Milly peruse this thread, and no doubt she'll make that same face that she did at Christmas with her catnip kickie in the "Cat Photos: Fail" thread!

Bob says, "Keep those photos coming!"

Edit: Ahhhhhh, thanks, Phil. I see that ChubChub appeared magically while I was refilling my coffee cup mid-post. Gorgeous big boy!

Edit Edit: @Norachan - Where's Forest Cat???

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is quite timely!

As a proud parent of Arnold and Greg, last night I felt I had to celebrate their most recent noteworthy achievement: their largest deposit in the litter box yet!

4 pounds.....yes that was FOUR pounds. Now I realize it was with clumping litter, it was over a 24 hour period (as the litter boxes get scooped every night) and the measurement isnt an exact "science". But to put that in perspective our previous cat little Motu only weighed eight pounds.

View attachment 196249 View attachment 196250

Now how's that for a "big mix".

Please feel free to delete this post and ban me indefinitely......... im just so pleased I found a place to use these pictures.
:crackup::flail::dazzler: :party2: :party: :party3: :woohoo::beerchug: :jive::jump: