The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm here! I did take the last three days off (Fri, Sat, and Sun) Started back in again today and we'll see how long it lasts.

I don't know, I'm starting to have problems sticking with even the treadmill. Too many injuries this year, too many times that my knee hurts or my foot hurts or something hurts. I need to get back into the swing of things, but I think I've hit a wall....or my body did.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm here! I did take the last three days off (Fri, Sat, and Sun) Started back in again today and we'll see how long it lasts.

I don't know, I'm starting to have problems sticking with even the treadmill. Too many injuries this year, too many times that my knee hurts or my foot hurts or something hurts. I need to get back into the swing of things, but I think I've hit a wall....or my body did.
They should have spare parts for humans too, I'm coming to body failing phase, just shortly behind you, have to limit my exercise for all the sore rubs, blisters etc.

Bicycling today, I did try to take it slow, few hills were bit too tempting though, best time for this whole season on that last big hill and I could of done it bit faster too.
upload_2017-8-7_23-5-50.png

Oh and I had knobbly tires on! So ride was quite bit faster than previous rides while still having lower heart rate, either I'm overdoing it or there are improvements!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've just done 90 minutes of yoga and a 30 minute run.

So tired now......:sleep:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easy ride today, well maybe not quite easy, but fun, climb it up, blast it down!
60 meter descent in 1 minute 20 seconds, almost 50kph, on loose crushed stone with tight turn in middle, that was scary as it was like riding on surface filled with marbles, no grip at all, barely made that turn as braking was as impossible as turning, but fun!
upload_2017-8-9_19-33-57.png

Norachan Norachan will probably facepalm to my choice of music for this ride, but it is so ridiculous song, not so fan of video/images they put on these, I use ClipGrab to download and convert YT clips to mp3 and put them on smartphone thing which I use mainly as mp3 player:
Beat on that works quite well for bike ride, of course I had many other songs too as ride was long.

I did fell down only twice, soft sand, steep hill, front tire lifts up and no traction to keep going while doing a wheelie as rear tire digs in to soft sand.

After that ride I visited shop and saw some bicyclist with road bike, so I had to try to keep up with him, but after doing this ride and having knobbly tires made me bit slower, shameful defeat, but I could keep up for good while, just could not keep it up long enough, need more training and more food, amount I need to eat becomes ridiculous with these rides.

Almost 2000 calories burned with ride alone, so day's total is over 4000 calories for today, how you eat 4000 calories, when 1000 is sometimes hard!!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
:crackup:

That sounds like a great cycling jtbo jtbo I've heard it a few times in my local discount store. I think they play it to make the staff work faster.

This is my current favourite running song. Nothing like running through the forest screaming "Oh MY GOOOOOD!" after teaching English to little kids all day.

I did and hour of yoga and 30 minutes on my bike yesterday. Took a day off today as I needed to do battle with the weeds and repaint one of the cat's outdoor shelters.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today at evening walk I spotted a bear, 200 meters at front of me on straight section of road, I guess Yunomi scared it away as I don't use headphones, just speaker.
It was a big bear, not small one!

I spotted bear between those two high HR "mountains", of course when I spotted a bear and it vanished into woods I started running towards position where I spotted it and observed bear foot prints a bit, let's be friends little bear... :D
upload_2017-8-10_23-31-48.png

I did some uphill running during this walk.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've only ever seen one bear around here. I know they're out there somewhere, but they stay away from people. I see deer all the time. That's as wild as I like it. No bear for me, please!

An hour of yoga and a 30 minute run this morning.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only ever seen one bear around here. I know they're out there somewhere, but they stay away from people. I see deer all the time. That's as wild as I like it. No bear for me, please!

An hour of yoga and a 30 minute run this morning.
I think that, 200 meters is about 11-12 seconds for the bear, 0-60kph (roughly) is something like 1 second, it does not matter if there is snow, swamp, snow, sand, nothing really slows that beast down.

Today bicycling, also I got compliment of my weight loss today, I was surprised as weight has been decreasing painfully slow rate, but it is decreasing tiny bit each month.
upload_2017-8-11_17-58-53.png

I guess body composition is changing more.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's bicycling, there was road construction and road was more like a cultivated field, very soft and very hard to pedal, route was also one of the hardest, so I got to test my fitness level, that long hill felt like if it will never end, had to pedal hard even at downhill to keep bike moving, uphill was like pulling a house behind me.

You can see here how HR was at red zone while bicycle speed was only around 5kph, 22t-36t gearing made ride possible, but it was hard, most difficult part was 2km section of hill with 60m climb, took almost 17 minutes to climb.
upload_2017-8-12_19-28-37.png

Not very tired after that though, feels great, so hopefully tomorrow again one ride, this is going to be hard month.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I get tired just looking at your charts jtbo jtbo

:lol:

Worked all day Saturday but had a nice 30 minute run after that.

An hour of yoga in my lunch break on Sunday and then another hour after work. I landed kind of heavily coming out of a handstand and my hip is sore today. I figured more exercise is the best way to deal with it. 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk today.

Winchester Winchester foxxycat foxxycat how are things going?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I've been doing my walking, just not posting about it.

Last week, I hit the treadmill every morning, but Tuesday, and did at least three miles (Saturday, I did two miles).
I managed to get 12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps every day, including Saturday.
I got at least 13,000 steps in every day last week (even Tuesday and Saturday).

I hit the treadmill this morning for 3.25 miles.

I'll do better about recording this week.

Keep up the great work! No bears here, please! I hope to be walking more outside this week.

foxxycat foxxycat how are you doing? How is your foot?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Sorry guys I haven't done anything. We rented a cabin in middle of nowhere and only walking I did was with the cats in woods. We only walked Down The road twice. I didny get swimming done because it was dirty pond water but i did get a raft and float out with my paddles. I stayed ontop of water and it was fine. I just couldn't get myself to jump in until the last day. Then I put flippers on and 15 minutes of swimming. Had my life jacket stuffed under my stomach. I would have swam further but it got cloudy and wind picked up. We were lazy for 2 weeks.

The doctor on Friday before I left told me to rest it more. And only 10 min of exercise 3 times a week then 15 min then 20 min following weeks. Evidently they don't prescribe anything anymore for pain. Not even ibreprofin. Just said keep taking Aleve. It's not working. So fine I say on ass and did nothing. He claims in a month if it still hurts to come back for cortisone injection. If it solves the pain then he said it's the bone spur. Didn't sound too enthused about cutting it off. So my question is will I ever be able to walk 2 miles a day like normal people? And people wonder why I get fat. Frustrated. So looks like another 3 months of pain before they will cut it out. Wth?! So it will be 12 months of pain before they will cut it out. Disgusting.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry, foxxycat foxxycat . I know what it's like to try to deal with the pain all the time and not be able to exercise. It gets to the point where it's simply not worth it. I'm just so sorry.

Monday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps
16,087 steps = 7.64 miles

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im at the point to offer cash to just get the surgery done for gods sake. For today I don't have my metal insert-can't find it. The half ones keep moving around. I am only standing on feet today. no lunchtime workout yet. Want to see if pain stays gone. I just have to put sneakers on if I work out.

I just disgusted with the new way of doing things in the medical field. I thought pain management was important? Evidently it's hot air blown up bum. So fine. I just fear if I ever get into accident and they don't provide pain management. I don't understand how they think by restricting legit cases how that will save lives. I have seen too many people driven to the end of life from pain. I thank goodness don't have this to deal with but for awhile it hurt pretty bad that made me feel like swinging a bat at someone who didn't understand.

Well I am working late thur-fri-mon so wont get to the gym those days. gonna shoot for wed night. tonight I have to clean the house-Jon wants his daughter to stay at my house=of course he never told me last night-we just got back and it's dusty again. I told him to strip and wash the bedding or put her up in a hotel room. The man is a block head I swear. She's staying on couches at family=no put her in hotel so she's comfy for cripes sake. I don't have enough beds-she can use ours since I sleep on couch but she may want privacy-who knows?!! anyways will see what happens.

I like short 10 min walks but jon wants to walk for hours and I just can't do it yet. I rather ride a bike than walk. too slow..thats why I wanted to run..cover ground faster..thats me-go like heck and don't look back.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat maybe you can do upper body workouts meanwhile? Sitting down is fine for many of those.

Today's bicycling, it was a tempo day, 2.5hrs and about 2200 calories burned, nice 880 calories per hour.
upload_2017-8-15_17-46-34.png

Oh and I saw a fox, it ran away after staring few seconds though.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I did it. Just put on music. Stepped in place fast for 15 min and 30 pushups and stretches. yep foot hurts but I don't care. Love the full body sweat. God I miss working out! Phil Collins has some good fast pace music and easy on the ears. Susudio Is one of them. I think I will try tomorrow the same thing.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear you're still able to do something active foxxycat foxxycat

Is the surgery really expensive if you have to pay to have it done?

I had a great yoga day yesterday. One hour in the morning, 90 minutes in the afternoon and a 30 minute run too.

I did 90 minutes of yoga today, but the rain is coming down sideways so I couldn't run.

Maybe tomorrow...........

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if doctors are starting to get leery of pain management now because of the opioid problem? I remember when I had my first physical therapy session after my foot problem that time, the therapist told me to try Advil or Aleve. I said I couldn't take it because of allergies. He said that was all he could really recommend. Which, you know, I wasn't there for drugs for god's sake. I was there to get help to deal with an issue without drugs. I don't know, it made me think that maybe he thought I was looking for some "help". If that makes any sense. And I'm not even trying to insinuate that you're looking for drugs, foxxycat foxxycat that's not my intention at all. I just wonder if maybe doctors are starting to become leery.

Tuesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 300+ steps (that last blasted hour, I was sitting on my butt at a planning meeting :sigh: I did make it up afterward, but it doesn't count on my Fitbit)
14,212 steps for the day = 6.9 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if doctors are starting to get leery of pain management now because of the opioid problem? I remember when I had my first physical therapy session after my foot problem that time, the therapist told me to try Advil or Aleve. I said I couldn't take it because of allergies. He said that was all he could really recommend. Which, you know, I wasn't there for drugs for god's sake. I was there to get help to deal with an issue without drugs. I don't know, it made me think that maybe he thought I was looking for some "help". If that makes any sense. And I'm not even trying to insinuate that you're looking for drugs, foxxycat foxxycat that's not my intention at all. I just wonder if maybe doctors are starting to become leery.

Tuesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 300+ steps (that last blasted hour, I was sitting on my butt at a planning meeting :sigh: I did make it up afterward, but it doesn't count on my Fitbit)
14,212 steps for the day = 6.9 miles
This is situation of healthcare at least in here:
They make SYMPTOMS tolerable, they don't fix PROBLEMS.

It is a policy, only broken bones, cut veins get fixed, but in case of veins not always if they can make bleeding stop by other means.

If healthcare would be a garage, you would bring a car in there for example because car veers left all the time, they "fix" it by turning steering wheel bit off center in it's mountings.
Symptom is fixed steering wheel is now straight, car still veers left, but symptom is fixed so statistically as cars with steering wheel straight don't veer it must be 'fixed' now.

That is how today's healthcare operates and if you start demanding a fix, you are marked as a 'problematic' customer and it becomes even harder to get proper treatment.

Cost savings I guess, because statistically most people appear to have their issue fixed and everything is run by poorly read and collected statistics these days. Too little variables are taken into account etc.

You will get only depression if you except healthcare to actually fix something, realize that they only make symptoms tolerable at most and there is less chance of depression caused by healthcare.

This is at least my experience.

Much better results if one studies how human body and mind operates by him/herself and applies fixes known by science, but not used by healthcare.

---
Today's bicycle ride, this time I took it bit easier:
upload_2017-8-16_14-28-0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.