The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I typed out a response and it's gone Winchester Winchester .

Anyways today will do another 15 min at lunch. this time no walking movements=more yoga and strength training.

jtbo jtbo unfortunately I can't cut the bone spur out myself-believe me if I had training in local anesthesia and all that I would do it-it's a very small area-but it's better to have someone experienced to remove said bone spur.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Winchester. Yep it really is. my coworker told me to tell them I may loose insurance=so gonna do that in the next appointment...they have been jacking me around now for months....this is utter BS.

lunchtime did slow movements for 20 minutes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps
20,188 steps for the day = 9.56 miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo unfortunately I can't cut the bone spur out myself-believe me if I had training in local anesthesia and all that I would do it-it's a very small area-but it's better to have someone experienced to remove said bone spur.
:eek3:

Oh, I'm relieved to hear you aren't going to attempt it yourself.

I did 90 minutes of yoga then went for a walk for an hour today. It's wet and muddy and the mosquitoes are out. I hate nature.

:confused:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I typed out a response and it's gone Winchester Winchester .

Anyways today will do another 15 min at lunch. this time no walking movements=more yoga and strength training.

You might not be able to do it, but there is a lot of other issues that can be solved very much by yourself, much better than healthcare can do, who knows what future life brings up!

I did saw your earlier response, I don't know how it disappeared all of sudden.

I have bone fragments between collar bone and that triangular shoulder bone, result of one fell down with a scooter.
Doctor injected cortisone claiming it is "healing injection", he is nation wide known doctor and has appeared in tv-shows.
Talked to me like one would talk to child and I'm a teacher, I have experience from thousands of students (lot of individual training too), I have read people whole my working life consciously, so that was really low behavior in my books.

Anyway my shoulder will never be okay, they claim it has been too long to do anything about it, they say. I have fixed that myself pretty much, it is not pain free completely, I can't sleep on my side etc. however it does not hurt constantly, there was/is issue with a tendon as parts have moved a bit, so it gets kind of pinched at times.

Certain movements helps with it, but healthcare claimed pain is because of bone fragments.

In US you can buy citicoline without recipe, which cures brain fog, but here you can't get it even from healthcare, I have heard that some doctors in US do write it for brain fog, but here it is hopeless. Despite knowing how to fix things, some things are indeed quite impossible to achieve.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back on the Di stuff I got online. Woke up pain GONE. Think I will stick with what works. Thank god for online web sites. Prescriptions are a big money making SCEME as far as I am concerned.

Today will do my allowed 15 min walking/fast walking at lunch. This is a joke. I am working late the next 2 days so no gym. will start next week. oh and do squats and push ups today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did an hour of yoga this morning and then went horse riding this afternoon. I rode Satchiko again, who is a very speedy little native Japanese pony. She likes to run!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thursday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps per hour
13,036 steps for the day = 6.17 miles

Today is an off-day. I didn't hit the treadmill because I didn't want to stop my housework once it got light enough outside that I felt comfortable in the basement. I'm working in the house, so house work will also count as exercise in my book.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did a mix of cardio n weights. only 15 min of steps and runs. rest was stationary moves adding in arm weights. 3lb and 5lb and 7lb. good sweat session. I didn't add in push ups since I am still sore from yesterday's workout.

Getting ready to start up at the gym next week. Wanted to at least build up 30 minutes of endurance because if I am only spending less than 30 min somewhere then I won't bother.

See the ortho doc on 28th if I remember correctly or later that week...

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short 3 hour bike ride.
upload_2017-8-18_20-41-56.png

From some reason I could not make heart rate go above 140, no matter what I did.

Oh and it was raining, there was also quite bit of thunder, mud, water, soft sand and such.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 20 min of step aerobics and 10 min of stretches.

Found something to watch while I am doing this- superkart racing in Europe. I tell you those folks go 200+ kph and wow it looks fun. I was getting tired of watching videos of workouts because they were either too fast or too much gabbing. So found this to watch.

I also enjoy watching dirt biking, snow mobiling and hang gliding/air flying-with the camera on it-it looks like I really am flying-driving etc. And fills my need for speed even if I can't jog as fast as I want to.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 20 min of step aerobics and 10 min of stretches.

Found something to watch while I am doing this- superkart racing in Europe. I tell you those folks go 200+ kph and wow it looks fun. I was getting tired of watching videos of workouts because they were either too fast or too much gabbing. So found this to watch.

I also enjoy watching dirt biking, snow mobiling and hang gliding/air flying-with the camera on it-it looks like I really am flying-driving etc. And fills my need for speed even if I can't jog as fast as I want to.

That IS fun, especially when driving :) Sadly I have tested such only once, but it is a mad thing, in fun way mad that is!

You might also like from MotoGP, over 300kph, elbow to elbow racing.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed he shifts from the steering column. Now that is exercise-driving-to keep it upright and not crash. I also found some videos of our navy pilots flying hornets-OMG talk about FUN. I must be insane-the faster I go-the better I feel. Which is why I don't own a car or motorcycle-it gets me in trouble...next summer gonna head to the track and try my hand at racing-I been saying this for 10 years....anyways back to exercise-

did pushups too- and some lunges on my good leg-just 30 pushup and 10 lunges.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed he shifts from the steering column. Now that is exercise-driving-to keep it upright and not crash. I also found some videos of our navy pilots flying hornets-OMG talk about FUN. I must be insane-the faster I go-the better I feel. Which is why I don't own a car or motorcycle-it gets me in trouble...next summer gonna head to the track and try my hand at racing-I been saying this for 10 years....anyways back to exercise-

did pushups too- and some lunges on my good leg-just 30 pushup and 10 lunges.
Anyone claiming motorsport is not good exercise, has not tried it, yep, it is good workout, neck and core get good workout, but there is a lot of leg and arm action too.

G-forces are fun, there is no denying of that.

Mountain biking is fun because of that too and at narrow trails you don't need huge amount of speed to feel the thrill.

I'm having rest days now, lot of long rides require good amount of rest so that I can keep going without overdoing it.

Looks like I won't be breaking records this season though, I'm running out of time.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Get yourself a horse foxxycat foxxycat Speed, danger, plenty of exercise and affection too.

I had to work all day Saturday but managed to fit in an hour of yoga after work.

Sunday I did an hour of yoga in my lunch break, a 30 minute run after work and then another hour of yoga to stretch and cool down.

I think I left it a bit late for my run. It was getting dark already and the deer and I kept scaring the bejesus out of each other. I think I'm going to put a 6 pm curfew on running, so I don't meet too much wildlife in the dark.

It was a nice run though. It's really cooled down a lot this past few weeks.

An hour of yoga and about an hour of gardening today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
And once again, I have to stop all forms of exercise, this time for two weeks. I don't want to go into a lot of detail on a public forum. Suffice to say that my blood pressured medication had to be changed....I had a doctor's appt earlier today. And my doctor doesn't want me exercising at all for two weeks until we see how the new BP med will affect me. No walking for exercise at all, no treadmill, nothing. For two weeks. And then once he sees me again, we'll take it from there. I am so frustrated I could spit. :frustrated:

I'll be back. I swear.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And once again, I have to stop all forms of exercise, this time for two weeks. I don't want to go into a lot of detail on a public forum. Suffice to say that my blood pressured medication had to be changed....I had a doctor's appt earlier today. And my doctor doesn't want me exercising at all for two weeks until we see how the new BP med will affect me. No walking for exercise at all, no treadmill, nothing. For two weeks. And then once he sees me again, we'll take it from there. I am so frustrated I could spit. :frustrated:

I'll be back. I swear.
Next time you see this doctor, make a notion that blood pressure is a good thing, during rigor mortis there is no blood pressure and that is a bad thing! :D
Rest well, so you can train hard :wave2:

Silly doctors, once they refused to let me leave from healthcare as they somehow managed to measure 180/220 or something like that, I felt fine, I just had blasted 30km in bit over hour with bicycle right before that measurement.

Up and down:
upload_2017-8-21_22-26-34.png

1415 calories burned, attempted to do low intensity training, but somehow it was too much fun to blast up the hills, what a surprise :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.