The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Norachan Norachan ! I'm always excited to get a new Fitbit badge; it's enough to keep me going for a while.

It's been really nasty around here, too. Not so much temperature-wise, but the humidity is way too high. Somebody said yesterday that even though our temperature was only 76, the RealFeel was in the lower 90s. Yuck. Just yuck.

Today, for the first time in a long time, I managed to get 10,000 steps in before 7:30 in the morning. I haven't done that in a long, long time. Too many injuries, too many aches and pains. Sometimes it takes me until 3:00 to get my 10,000 steps in; lately I've been managing to get them in by 10:30 or so. But this morning, life was good.

Thursday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 300+ steps (that last hour? I was sitting in my car in the middle of a traffic jam, trying to get my car down to the garage for its oil change...I made the steps up as soon as I got back home, but I know it doesn't count)
14,070 steps for the day = 6.69 miles

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well after I drop off books at the booth I will try 15 min on the elliptical. I really miss it. Today is first day woke up with no pain in foot...it's been since mid May. So 8 weeks it took to get to this point.

Yesterday at lunch did 15 min of punching/step aerobics-got to get back into it-got to widdle down the waist line. Pushing into mens 42 and that's got to stop! Keep up the good work! my goal is back to size 36.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I just walked from my desk to the truck-left my phone out there- 500 steps I counted..and only very slight minimal discomfort-I went slow-the metal inserts in my shoes help keep my toe joint from bending so it rests the joint-where I have a lovely bone spur. July 28 is apt with foot surgeon. I am afraid it won't go away until we buzz it out. It's been since January and wearing metal insert forever make arch supports not work so then my knees will start hurting-hoping they fix it. I have been manually flexing and curling the foot to keep the range of motion but I still can't do it without pain- grrr.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did maximum training, 20 minutes in red zone, endorphin overload :D
upload_2017-7-14_20-42-12.png

52% energy deficit certainly does feel, but it was not that bad ride really.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Friday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps
16,652 steps for the day = 8.10 miles

Taking the weekend off

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nice picture, jtbo jtbo . It's been way too muggy around here, too, foxxycat foxxycat .

Saturday - Well, I wasn't going to do anything yesterday and I wasn't on the treadmill at all. But I started mowing the yard on the riding mower. And when I finished, Rick still wasn't home so I started trimming with the push mower. And I ended up with 14,033 steps for the day.

Last week, I had 100,347 steps, which means that I walked 47.85 miles.

Today, I am taking it easy. If I get to 10,000 steps, that fine. But I'm not hitting the treadmill this morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Autumn already? NOOOOOOOOO!

:bawling2:

I did 90 minutes yoga and a 1 hour walk on Friday, one hour of yoga on Saturday.

Sunday I did something called a Mandala Flow yoga class. A series of poses done first on the left side from the front of the mat to the back, than to the front again, then repeated on the right side. It's tricky to remember all the poses and to keep moving with your breath. Good workout for the brain as well as the body.

I've done 90 minutes of yoga so far today. Going for a walk soon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sunday - I was not on the treadmill, but did get 10,000 steps or 5.22 miles. And 12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps. That was from working about in the house and doing a few things outside.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did 20minutes of step aerobics yesterday on my lunch break

today did 25 minutes followed with 5 minutes stretching.

Foot is tendor but feels good sweating. I really miss the gym-hopefully I get over there after work to do a few things-sure wish they would keep it cold in there-maybe I will get lucky and they set it at 65 like I do at work

Found out there's a small private gym down the road from me for $25 a month-going to check it out-I don't know how I feel about the area it's in-I would have to get Jon to drop me off and pick me up=there's not much for parking and kids hang out down there at night...thinking staying at the other gym would be better.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Keep up the great work, people!

Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 500+ steps
16,107 steps for the day = 7.63 miles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
16,032 steps for the day = 7.63 miles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
16,032 steps for the day = 7.61 miles

Thursday -
3 miles on the treadmill
16,136 steps for the day = 7.74 miles

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's good going Winchester Winchester

I've done 90 minutes of yoga every day this week, plus an hour walk on Tuesday and Thursday and half an hour on my bike on Wednesday.

:sheep:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes at lunchtime. step aerobics-only faint pain-goes away the following day. got the follow up apt next week-last one cost me $225. Not sure I will bother this time. I will see how it feels Wednesday and cancel. Not going to sit in a chair for 15 min to hear blah blah blah. I would like to get it buzzed out but I can imagine how much that will cost.. so much for insurance=basically useless!

Wed and Thur went uneventful. Start up at gym today if I have energy and remember to bring sneakers-keep forgetting to swap out boots for sneaks. And wear the metal insert.

keep going everyone!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Decided to try to follow a video-I was only able to follow 12 minutes=then couldn't do it anymore=moved on to standing pushups, side to side step and punch then step forward and kick. step back switch leg step forward to kick.
Got another 30+ minutes logged today. It's been what 5 or 6 days now?! I feel better when I sweat. I still don't feel up to the gym after work yet. Another week I can do swimming daily for 2 weeks. Let's see how far I can swim when I get to camp=I miss that-used to swim far long distance. With a floatation device tied to my foot incase I need it. Always. Now they have ones around the neck that inflate=if I can find one I will use it but prefer tie off to foot. and a noodle under my belly because it helps keep me up closer to the water=you would be surprised how fast I can swim even with the noodle...summer fun! I miss it!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper test, I did it on uphill, just because... I'm a lot slower than 1 year ago, but of course this was not quite maximum possible, I had to run 5km more after this, rest of jog I did intervals. 1 year ago I could run whole route without walking and at much faster pace, so I don't think I will make records this year.
upload_2017-7-25_0-43-5.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo foxxycat foxxycat I'm impressed!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling low on energy this year. I blame the humidity, but it's probably just a sign that I'm getting old.

:bawling2:

I feel quite guilty about not running as much as I'd planned, but I just can't in this heat. One of my students gets up and runs at 5 am every morning, but I'm not a morning person.

Oh well, at least the yoga is going well. I've been able to do peacock pose this week. Just the one legged version. I don't have the arm strength to extend both legs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.