Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 500+ steps
17,050 steps for the day = 8.1 miles

20 minutes of exercises with dumbbells for my arms, some squats, calf raises, crunches, etc. I figured it was time to get off my lazy butt.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yesterday got 20 minutes of aerobics in. Felt tired and couldn't push myself as hard as I usually do. I think this summer has been so humid it has been affecting many of us.

jtbo jtbo keep up the good work. You too Winchester Winchester

Norachan I am impressed with the headstand-I tried to use the @ symbol and it erased half of what I typed..sorry I didn't tag you!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I agree about the intense humidity this summer. It's been nasty.

Keep going everybody! It's not easy sometimes. Keep going...it's what we do!

Tuesday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
17,573 steps for the day = 8.34 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I did Bicycling
upload_2017-7-26_19-38-30.png

Jogging intervals
upload_2017-7-26_19-39-59.png

Also some walking for cooling off, but my HR is quite high when walking and it did not get very high when jogging, so who knows what was going on
upload_2017-7-26_19-41-49.png

Amount I need to eat for all this is so huge that I have no idea how I'm going to eat it all, I did force myself to eat 2100 calories before working out, still would need to eat at least 1000 calories for recovery, but it is hard to eat that much and I still would be at deficit, 2000 calories or some more for making body to stop being at 30% BMR adaptation.

I started cooking at 10am now it is almost 8pm and I would need to cook again to eat, my cooking takes 3 hours or more usually everything included like doing dishes etc.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was like:
24552 steps
13.99 miles measured in steps
5061 kilocalories burned

My training included:
45.5km / 28.27 miles
2662 kilocalories burned
2 hours 46 minutes of training

On bicycle I did burn 932 kilocalories per hour, for first hour that was over 1000 kilocalories, for jogging intervals that was bit over 1000 kilocalories per hour and that is pretty much what I can do currently, at peak for 30 minutes or so I might be able to do 1200 kilocalories per hour, but not much more, so to run longer distances I need to loose weight as burning more energy is causing over heating issues.

Not too big issue in our weather, temps are less than 68F degrees and it rains every day, when it rains temps fall below 60F degrees, at night 50F degrees or less, this is quite cold and wet summer.

In total, eating + exercising, gear maintenance etc. took me around 7-8 hours yesterday and I did manage to eat only around 3000 kilocalories, which was around 1000 less than I hoped to eat, but it is really hard these days for me to eat even that much.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
jtbo jtbo I listened to the song. It's interesting, but no, not really my style, especially for the treadmill.

Wednesday -
3.5 miles on the treadmill
18,540 steps for the day = 8.78 miles

30 minutes of exercises with dumbbells for my arms, some squats, calf raises, crunches, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo are you still running? :jawdrop:

Oh, now I really feel guilty. I haven't been for a run for weeks now. Last time I went it was so hut and humid and there were just so many bugs I thought "I hate this!" I used to love running, but this summer has been much stickier than I remember previous years being. It's no fun any more.

What's the weather like where you live?

You're doing well Winchester Winchester Are you noticing any difference after working out with the weights?

Can't remember the last time I posted here.

:paperbag:

Wednesday I did 90 minutes of yoga in the morning and then another hour in the evening.
Thursday I did 90 minutes of yoga and a one hour walk.
Friday I did 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk.

Worked most of the day today, but did an hour of yoga in my lunch break.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo are you still running? :jawdrop:

Oh, now I really feel guilty. I haven't been for a run for weeks now. Last time I went it was so hut and humid and there were just so many bugs I thought "I hate this!" I used to love running, but this summer has been much stickier than I remember previous years being. It's no fun any more.

What's the weather like where you live?

You're doing well Winchester Winchester Are you noticing any difference after working out with the weights?

Can't remember the last time I posted here.

:paperbag:

Wednesday I did 90 minutes of yoga in the morning and then another hour in the evening.
Thursday I did 90 minutes of yoga and a one hour walk.
Friday I did 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk.

Worked most of the day today, but did an hour of yoga in my lunch break.
We have had less than 10 days above 20C at my yard, it has been coldest and most wet summer for decade or something, running is no problem in regards of temperature, but my fitness is not quite up to it yet.

You can see our weather here, it is perfect for mosquitoes and some other biting things, those are called personal trainers...
Home - Finnish Meteorological Institute

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess exercise helps with recovery from great loss too, but it is still quite hard times.

Anyway, lower intensity ride today, only around 680 calories per hour:
upload_2017-7-30_0-42-3.png

21282 steps
21.19 km / 13.17 miles measured in steps
3740 kilocalories burned

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I just noticed your CTB thread JTbo. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think exercise helps with grief. It forces you to breathe. When we're sad we hold our feelings in a tight knot in our chest. Running or other exercise makes us let go of that knot and breathe again. It helps us to cry and to heal.

Breathe deeply my friend, you're in my thoughts.

:hugs:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
jtbo jtbo , :hugs:. I am very sorry.

I really haven't noticed much of a change yet. Since I'm just starting out again, I'm only using 5-pound weights for some exercises, 8-pound weights for others. I do have a few sore-ish muscles and that's always good.

I haven't done much in the way of exercising over the weekend, have stayed off the treadmill. But I did do a bit of push-mowing on Saturday and we walked a bit while shopping, so it wasn't too bad. Plus, I always say that doing housework helps get a bit of exercise in. Today, I will be outside picking up the black walnuts that have fallen from our tree. There are tons of them, so lots of bending over this afternoon!

Keep going everybody!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did 90 minutes of yoga and a 30 minute run on Sunday. It was raining so it was cool enough to run, felt pretty good really.

90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk yesterday.

90 minutes of yoga followed by a 30 minute run then about 15 minutes of stretching and a well earned Savasana today. It's absolutely pouring with rain again. I thought this monsoon was supposed to be over?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 500+ steps (that 12th hour I was sitting in the salon chair, having my roots touched-up)
13,527 steps for the day = 6.4 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmph, I put knobbly tires on bike and started riding smaller roads, Polar M400 battery runs out before I do, with proper fill up and plenty of water with me, I could of done last segment of that big ride too, it is around 1 hour more riding.
upload_2017-8-1_20-22-2.png

But guys, check this guy from France, I can't comprehend that speed and climb, it is way beyond my abilities.
Session analysis - Polar Flow
That is almost 1 mile climb on bike in less than 3 hours, that is same as that climb on my ride where that number 2 is placed, except almost 3 hours of that steep climb.

Fastest Finnish girl is over twice as fast as I am on 60km ride, except she climbs 800 meters instead of 400m, that is how far I am in terms of performance from real cyclists, less than 25% I would say.

Anyway 3266 calories did say good bye during my ride, total calories wasted today is over 5000.

32200 steps
32.28km / 20 miles measured in steps

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you lazing off guys?

I did try to jog, but it was too soon after bike ride earlier, so it was mostly walking, almost 2 hours though, 1308 calories did say good bye. First part is warmup.
upload_2017-8-5_0-21-7.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No, I'm not lazing off! I'm still here.

:lol:

Wednesday and Thursday were both pretty busy, but I did an hour of yoga on Weds, focusing on inversions and arm balances, and an hour power yoga on Thurs.

Yesterday was my day off.

:hyper:

90 minutes yoga, a 90 minute walk and then another half hour deep stretch yoga.

I'm going to be busy today. Working 10 to 6 with only a half hour lunch break, but I'll go for a run after that.

If you hear reports of a mad woman running around the forest screaming "I'm free, I'm freeeeeeeeee!" that will be me.

:lol2:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so cold and rainy here that finding and hour or two somewhat tolerable weather for exercise is difficult. So much blood sucking insects that can't do anything on yard.

Last night there was lot of mist/fog and at midnight it was very dark already, this route goes trough a forest and I could not see more than 10 meters (30? feet) because of darkness and fog, path was just bit lighter area to follow, so jogging was interesting, all rocks and stones were invisible.

First walking for warmup
upload_2017-8-6_14-54-50.png

Then jogging which did not go too well, had to walk too much, but it was better than last time. Still running out of air was greatest issue, if I eat very poorly, then I can run longer as heart rate will go higher and I won't run out of air, but legs will get tired sooner.
upload_2017-8-6_14-56-15.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Your weather sounds pretty bad jtbo jtbo It's been raining here since July 28th and there is a typhoon coming. It's still stinking hot, in spite of all the rain.

I did 30 minutes power yoga and a 30 minute run on Saturday, 90 minutes of yoga yesterday and today. I hope this typhoon passes over us quickly so I can get out for a run again.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your weather sounds pretty bad jtbo jtbo It's been raining here since July 28th and there is a typhoon coming. It's still stinking hot, in spite of all the rain.

I did 30 minutes power yoga and a 30 minute run on Saturday, 90 minutes of yoga yesterday and today. I hope this typhoon passes over us quickly so I can get out for a run again.
It has been cloudy today and 14C / 67F, ground is still wet from rain, but no rain, I can feel windchill though.

I have formed solid theory about this, you all have stolen our heat, I must demand you to return our heat immediately! :D

Night walks with Hecate, thus this is on my playlist at night walks:

Oh, nights are of course bit colder than days, under 10C / 50F so need to walk briskly, but no blood sucking things to worry about.

Going for bike ride today, but need to put bit more clothes on as it is so cold out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.